IGNORED

NeoGeo Pocket Colour Flash Cartridge

SainT

You'll get an email when the cart goes out but there's no tracking number (unless you want to pay an additional £4 for international track and trace, which you can if you like). Invoices will be going out tomorrow morning. Still suffering from a bloody virus, so I'm going to bed. :(

You'll get an email when the cart goes out but there's no tracking number (unless you want to pay an additional £4 for international track and trace, which you can if you like). Invoices will be going out tomorrow morning. Still suffering from a bloody virus, so I'm going to bed. :(

Thanks again for the info and hope you get better soon.

Oh, that's true! I forgot using that old MS-DOS command line...

It works! Now it only remains to receive my Neo-Geo Pocket SD to test it the proper way.

Thank you very much, @Mayhem ! :-)

Smart move. I wish I thought of that as I used to go with that trick years ago for problem stuff. I guess it does make sense since it's supposed to just be kind of filler space for the save to just copy onto the back end of itself that way to do it.

Smart move. I wish I thought of that as I used to go with that trick years ago for problem stuff. I guess it does make sense since it's supposed to just be kind of filler space for the save to just copy onto the back end of itself that way to do it.

Yeah! As of yet, I can confirm it works on emulators. I think maybe an 1MB overdumped version of the ROM is also likely to work, but I only have that of the Demo version, named as 'Delta Warp (J) (Demo) [o1].ngc' from GoodNGPx v3.27 ROMset.

Yeah! As of yet, I can confirm it works on emulators. I think maybe an 1MB overdumped version of the ROM is also likely to work, but I only have that of the Demo version, named as 'Delta Warp (J) (Demo) [o1].ngc' from GoodNGPx v3.27 ROMset.

The ROM is actually 1MB, I can only assume it was trimmed because the last 512K isn't used. However the physical layout of the save sectors is different between 1MB and 512K flash chips, as the boot sectors are at the end of the flash. And don't use emulators as a test for whether things are right -- the reason the Delta Warp ROM works on emulators it does is because there is a hack in there to set the ROM size to 1MB when it's read in... :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, SainT!

That's why I'm eager to get the Neo-Geo Pocket SD on my hands! ;-)

The ROM is actually 1MB, I can only assume it was trimmed because the last 512K isn't used. However the physical layout of the save sectors is different between 1MB and 512K flash chips, as the boot sectors are at the end of the flash. And don't use emulators as a test for whether things are right -- the reason the Delta Warp ROM works on emulators it does is because there is a hack in there to set the ROM size to 1MB when it's read in... :)

Saint: So what is your recommendation on getting the ROM to be the correct size so that it will run in the cart? Do the MS-DOS copy command as suggested in this thread?

Saint: So what is your recommendation on getting the ROM to be the correct size so that it will run in the cart? Do the MS-DOS copy command as suggested in this thread?

Yeah, either method of padding out the ROM will do the job.

Just out of curiosity since save files are written directly to the ROM, can said ROM be transferred to a PC and emulator be able to keep the save? Also if you save inside an emulator will it be written to a ROM and be usable with NGPC SD? Also current physical cartridges IYO what the best way to transfer to a PC and your cart while retaining the existing saves?

On 7/20/2017 at 6:06 PM, haightc said:

Just out of curiosity since save files are written directly to the ROM, can said ROM be transferred to a PC and emulator be able to keep the save? Also if you save inside an emulator will it be written to a ROM and be usable with NGPC SD? Also current physical cartridges IYO what the best way to transfer to a PC and your cart while retaining the existing saves?

Yes, you can save the game back to the memory card then use on an emulator, and likewise take the ROM from an emulator and use it on the NGPSD.

The best way to read actual NGP carts is the Bung or FlashMasta linker for NGP. I dont think either of these are actually available anymore, though...

Edited by SainT

The master of the flashmasta still sells them along with other Neo stuff like the MVS/AES total memory card solution which I have and it's amazing. No battery, huge storage, and with unibios could in theory hold every single legit release high score data along with any legit game save data it created naturally for a stock old system/memory card.

The master of the flashmasta still sells them along with other Neo stuff like the MVS/AES total memory card solution which I have and it's amazing. No battery, huge storage, and with unibios could in theory hold every single legit release high score data along with any legit game save data it created naturally for a stock old system/memory card.

I think you're confusing Mastas, I don't think Brian (NeoSaveMasta, NeoBIOSMasta etc) has anything to do with the NeoFlashMasta.

There were two NFMs made, the first one was a dock you plugged the cart into, and it could also dump official carts. That version is NLA. The current one, you plug a USB cable directly into the flash cart.

Hmm guess so, forgot or didn't know that other existed. I knew of the early LPT linker for Neo stuff as I was into BUNG kits back then having a GBC one that used the same setup. I can't even see using a LPT connection now, wonder if you could somehow convert that.

Well, if people actually want such a device, I have already made my own for testing / programming the NGPSD.

Is there really much demand?

I mean, all carts have been dumped.... the only use really would be getting your old save data off... ?

Edited by SainT

I doubt there's enough demand to pre make them... I don't think flavor makes his anymore either. Could this maybe be done with an Arduino and proper connector? If so people could make one pretty easily.

Yeah, it's not tricky from a software POV, an Arduino would do the job. The connector is actually a PCI connector you have to chop around with a hacksaw, so that's not a problem either.

• Like 1