IGNORED

NeoGeo Pocket Colour Flash Cartridge

SainT

I've ordered the first batch of 100 boards. These will start going out in about 3-4 weeks. Gives me a little time to just fix any remaining bugs and add the last bits of functionality to the menu.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'm in the 100! Been checking out sonic for the first time and in my own odd way I'm believing this machine is a successor to the Game Gear! Lighting is doing my head in. Does anyone know where I can get a worm light?

I think the last issue with the menu software has been sorted tonight. Will wait a on the final word from the lovely testing people, then we can get this thing started.

And I found something else fairly random out while hacking with the NGP BIOS. If you set the game version to 0xfffe it doesn't display the startup sequence and goes straight into the game. You can modify any cart, just set the bytes of the ROM image at 0x20/0x21 to 0xfe/0xff.

Something left over from the development system I'm guessing...

Oh, this is really nice to know. I noticed that the boot splash is skipped on CFC depending on the game save state. If you power down in the middle of a battle, you get brought right back to it, but if you save on the map, it splashes and you have to continue from the main menu. So there might be other ways to get past the splash.

Oh, this is really nice to know. I noticed that the boot splash is skipped on CFC depending on the game save state. If you power down in the middle of a battle, you get brought right back to it, but if you save on the map, it splashes and you have to continue from the main menu. So there might be other ways to get past the splash.

If a game supports resume and you've not changed the cart since you last booted it, it will skip the splash screens and boot straight into where you left the game. I'm not sure of which games support this.

• Like 1

If I'm in that 100 I guess I'll need to slam out anything of interest currently because I'd like to get cracking on a few games we got isolated out of in the US that did hit in english like Evolution and Faselei. Also want to play Rockman and Cotton again, too expensive currently to rationalize a buy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_Geo_Pocket#Games

This, for a list of black and white games, though I feel Puzzle Link may not be black and white if anyone can confirm. I see the black and white titles are included in the complete romsets.

Also today I downloaded the Neo Pop Emu which I enjoy... gives a bit of an advanced feel to accessing all the titles.

I came across a homebrew called Gears of Fate which looks interesting. There's a Tetris rom in the romset which is clearly homebrew but anyone know of any others?

Lastly I now have a spare unit which I'm thinking of having front-lighted; anyone have any good experiences of this and/or who I can ask in the UK to get this done?

Many thanks

See below the list in the Wiki link -

After the release of the Neo Geo Pocket Color, several of these titles began receiving re-releases, updated to include color. All but King of Fighters R-1, Melon-chan's Growth Diary, Samurai Shodown and the original Neo Geo Cup 98 (the "Plus" version was updated instead) were eventually re-released for the color system.

There's b/w and colour versions of Puzzle Link released.

• Like 1

Oh I think it exists most likely, try "puzzle link" +neo geo pocket -color (and you'll see a listing for a (UE) version on doperoms, that may work. I don't feel like downloading it to check. I've seen myself going through a few sites to find the right rom for a cart I have on the NGPC. The archival of the various versions of the games is crappy/spotty depending where you look. Usually emuparadise is a rock but they're not excellent when it comes to the system so I've had to comb a few places to find stuff which sucks.

The NeoGeo Pocket FLASH cart is in production and I will start invoicing and shipping next week. Many thanks to my testing team at AtariAge for testing compatibility with (I think!) all NeoGeo Pocket console models and BIOS versions against the available games.

The cartridge will sell for £70 (UK pounds), which will include instruction leaflet and cartridge. No memory card is supplied, but the cartridge will accept any FAT (not exFAT) formatted memory card card up to 32MB in size.

Edited by SainT
  • Like 6

Fantastic! Surely been worth the wait. Sticker looks great too. Did you ever finish the lynx sd box design?

I think that was pretty much finished, yep, just never got to the point of getting any printed / made! :)

One day.... :D

• Like 2

http://www.retrohq.co.uk/neogeo-pocket-sd-flash-shipping-next-week

attachicon.gifNeoGeoPocketSD.jpg

The NeoGeo Pocket SD FLASH cart is in production and I will start invoicing and shipping next week. Many thanks to my testing team at AtariAge for testing compatibility with (I think!) all NeoGeo Pocket console models and BIOS versions against the available games.

The cartridge will sell for £70 (UK pounds), which will include instruction leaflet and cartridge. No SD card is supplied, but the cartridge will accept any FAT (not exFAT) formatted Micro SD card up to 32MB in size.

A whole 32MB eh? That's a pretty small memory card. :) Any shot you could via PM give me a heads up if I'm in that first lot or not? I have some stuff I need to take care of, want to keep $100USD in there at all times so it's covered.