IGNORED

NeoGeo Pocket Colour Flash Cartridge

SainT

Unfortunately this is one feature that does not work with the NGPSD cart. The firmware checks the cart ID on boot and continues if the same cart is in the machine. Unfortunately when you switch off / on the NGP, the current cart loaded is the menu, and the suspend save data is lost. I don't think I can do anything about this as I believe it gets corrupted before I get execution passed to my code.

That's good to know as some games had this feature and maybe worth noting on the website or an amended printed up manual so no one thinks their stuff is broken or they went insane.

• Like 1

Unfortunately this is one feature that does not work with the NGPSD cart. The firmware checks the cart ID on boot and continues if the same cart is in the machine. Unfortunately when you switch off / on the NGP, the current cart loaded is the menu, and the suspend save data is lost. I don't think I can do anything about this as I believe it gets corrupted before I get execution passed to my code.

Thanks for the response. I couldn't figure out what was going wrong. Otherwise, the SD cart is awesome!

• Like 1

That's good to know as some games had this feature and maybe worth noting on the website or an amended printed up manual so no one thinks their stuff is broken or they went insane.

Yep, I'll update the manual. I'll also have to see if there's some way around this... would be good if it was possible.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey SainT, I bought a lynx card from you last year and have registered for the Neo Geo Pocket Color purchase. Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work, some of these systems could have been forgotten as their lineups get more and more expensive. Looking forward to getting a Jag (+ CD??) cart too! Thanks again man

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sending out a load of emails now for those waiting! :) These carts will have the new style SLS cases which are more durable and look like the original SNK cases at the additional cost of £5 (sorry, this is actually less than it costs me to make, though!!).

• Like 1

Looks like a far better design, looks kind of almost milky colored a bit in the video, maybe part of the 3D printing process causing a haze a little? Kind of wish mine had that style, but I had one of the first off the line.

I'd say it's a charcoal or graphite finish / colour. These cases will be available if people with the old style cases wish to upgrade. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have 2 of these and finally getting round to setting it up.

Unlike the Lynx SD there is no software on the SD card. Does it need software/frontend, and if so where does one obtain this from?

Supplementary question is- the dark non-backlit screen of the NGPC sucks, what can be done about it??

Many thanks!

Thanks.

I got the NGPC rommed up and working last night. As you say, it doesn't need any software on the SD card, unlike the Lynx.

I will get a replacement backlit screen later. I did this recently with the GameGear and Lynx 2 (McWill screens), and they look great now :-)

Is it McWill doing the new NGPC screen?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...