IGNORED

Gradius Codes/Secrets

Albert Penello

So Ed messed around with the Konami Code which does not do what you'd expect it to do. :twisted:

Anyone found any codes or hidden secrets in Gradius?

BTW - played the MSX mode for a while last night, and man this game is a miracle of programming and looks fantastic on an F18A system.

The only thing this game demonstrates is that someone needs to kickstarter a decent joypad solution for the CV that isn't a hack.

The only thing this game demonstrates is that someone needs to kickstarter a decent joypad solution for the CV that isn't a hack.

No need for that... Atariguy1021 already perfected the drop-in D-pad solution. He sells a finished product on eBay, or you may want to IM him here. I can attest to the commercial quality of the NTT Data repurposed D-Pads. They transform the ColecoVision into the 21st century (or at least post 1986). :D

So Ed messed around with the Konami Code which does not do what you'd expect it to do. :twisted:

Anyone found any codes or hidden secrets in Gradius?

BTW - played the MSX mode for a while last night, and man this game is a miracle of programming and looks fantastic on an F18A system.

Hey, looks like you got your SGM back after all, as I was actually going to ask you that. Glad you are enjoying your game :)

• 2 months later...

anyone else manage to loop this thing yet?

I managed to hit the bonus stages in Stonehenge, Moai and Inverted. I have no idea how to get past the inverse volcano, so I have to hit that bonus stage. Cell stage has a bonus level too, but I think you have to kill the first sub boss within two seconds of it turning blue to access it.

IMG_2107_zps9uxxhxrp.jpg

• Like 1