IGNORED

[New game] Escape 2042 - The Truth Defenders

Orion_

Escape 2042 - The Truth Defenders  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy this game on Jaguar ?

• Yes, Jaguar Cartridge Boxed
    • Yes, Jaguar Cartridge Only
    • Yes, Jaguar CD
    • meh, I can do a better game on the Jaguar

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I'm currently running a Kickstarter campaign for a new side scroller game called Escape 2042 - The Truth Defenders

The game is a fast paced 2D platformer with 2 mini-games included.
The main game features security cameras to avoid, firing enemies, grenades to collect, computer "hacking" to open doors or disable laser protection fields, and level card based locked door in the first prison levels.
The game will take place in 3 different environments (prison, forest, desert) interspersed with 2 mini-games including a reversed shoot'em up and an original abseiling game.

The game is targeted for Gameboy, Megadrive/Genesis, Dreamcast, and Windows / Steam Greenlight

The campaign is not running very well, so I might considering porting this game on the Jaguar

Could you please answer the poll about how much interest you have in buying this game for the Jaguar ?

Thank you :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbTQz80OtiM

Edited by Orion_
  • Like 7

Hi,

add the Jaguar option also to kickstarter I like to donate for this game.

Secondly I like to order both the CD and Boxed cartridge version when done.

Are you considering to add a nice FMV before the game starts from CD ?

I don't know if I will make both version, because it's lots of work to produce a physical game.

I can't add it to the kickstarter, because It would need to be a stretch goal, and if the stretch goal isn't met, what will I send to the Jaguar backers ? If I produce the Jaguar version with only the initial goal, I will lose money ...

I might make a kickstarter just for the Jaguar version, so that It will fund the production fee

Edited by Orion_

I am definitely interested in this. I also love the theme... hahah...

"In the year 2042, no one had foreseen the progressive dictatoriship that settled in."

Hahah, awesome.

I'd really prefer it on cart, but would still buy it on CD if that was the ONLY option.

Your games are honestly some of the best Orion, I've got every one of them on the Jag.

I don't know if I will make both version, because it's lots of work to produce a physical game.

I can't add it to the kickstarter, because It would need to be a stretch goal, and if the stretch goal isn't met, what will I send to the Jaguar backers ? If I produce the Jaguar version with only the initial goal, I will lose money ...

I might make a kickstarter just for the Jaguar version, so that It will fund the production fee

Maybe you can release an cd image for download for people that want it. That way you save the trouble to burn/master them. Add a cd label and cd cover. In the download.

Sent from UMI hammer with Tapatalk

Maybe you can release an cd image for download for people that want it. That way you save the trouble to burn/master them. Add a cd label and cd cover. In the download.

well ... once I got all of these, I can just send them to the factory for production ;)

I know lots of people don't have a Jaguar CD, so I would prefer to do a cart release, but a cart is much more complex and expensive to produce.

anyway, thanks for your support, I will really consider making this on Jaguar in the coming months

• Like 3

well ... once I got all of these, I can just send them to the factory for production ;)

I know lots of people don't have a Jaguar CD, so I would prefer to do a cart release, but a cart is much more complex and expensive to produce.

anyway, thanks for your support, I will really consider making this on Jaguar in the coming months

Albert could help you out with the Cartridge molds.

Honestly, the game looks like a TON of fun. It's a side scroller, much like Alice's Mom... but with a very unique theme. I'd totally buy this game on cart.