IGNORED

HSC14 Round 1: Super Pacman

First go 990 on the first man and 8,110 !

Then 35,650

Stages 1&2 in 1 man 18,030

1st man 26,350

post-19705-0-25342000-1485203631_thumb.jpg

Forgot to say the idea is to play the bonus challenges as part of your normal goes; not to keep restarting ;)

Yes, you're right: the fire button does indeed make Super Pacman move faster. Are there some versions of this game where this isn't the case?

Thanks for pointing out the interview with Landon Dyer. I'll try listening to that in a few days.

Adam

re fire, probably not! - I had in my notes about using ver with title screen text, will check my disks for another version. I felt this interview could have been much more expansive / about the games especially with DK being one of the best ever games.

• Like 2

Made some improvements tonight:

High Score: 144,720!

post-9712-0-69979400-1485226161_thumb.png post-9712-0-89742600-1485226153_thumb.png

2 Screen Bonus: ​32,030!

post-9712-0-04534300-1485226172_thumb.png

I know this doesn't count for me, but it looks like the max score you can get on the first screen is 16,060. That's getting all the ghosts and 2k bonus for the center fruit.

post-9712-0-10540100-1485226212_thumb.png

Going for the high score, but I'm done for the night. :)

• Like 2

Made some improvements tonight:

High Score: 144,720!

I know this doesn't count for me, but it looks like the max score you can get on the first screen is 16,060. That's getting all the ghosts and 2k bonus for the center fruit.

Going for the high score, but I'm done for the night. :)

Great scores from the HSC "hall of famer" Deteacher :thumbsup:

Yes, the idea this season will be to have less bonus points for the top players and more for the others - when I do (fiddle) the tables it should make more sense. So you guys have 16,060 to aim for ;)

@Deteacher

How can you even get all the ghosts? There's way less time to get them in this game than in any other Pac-man I've played.

Takes some practice, but if you have to be big (so you can make use of the super speed) and stay big. Try to get them grouped together. Once you do, grab the first super pill and rush over to the power pill that they are all hanging around (usually the lower right one.) Once you get them all the first time, go to the next power pill and wait until the eyes get back to the house. Then eat another power pill before you shrink and rush into the house, eat them all again, then go to the next power pill...wash, rinse, repeat. the nice part is if you lose your "biggen-ness", you can grab the other super pill to get big again. This strategy only works for the first couple screens, because as you said, the power pills don't last very long.

It's not easy and there is some luck involved, but it can be done. I've only been able to do it once or twice so far, but I'll try to make a video of my strategy tonight when I get home from work. :)

• Like 1

My current high score is around 14,000. I don't have my phone on me right now so no pics atm. I have to say I like this version a lot better than the original Pacman. I don't expect to get a lot higher on the score but I am enjoying trying out a game I wouldn't have tried otherwise. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

My current high score is around 14,000. I don't have my phone on me right now so no pics atm. I have to say I like this version a lot better than the original Pacman. I don't expect to get a lot higher on the score but I am enjoying trying out a game I wouldn't have tried otherwise. :thumbsup:

As TRBB will tell you, screenshots are optional. I usually try to post a shot of my best score.

Yeah, other than having a bit of competition to spur you into playing a bit more, that's the best thing about the HSC, it gives you a reason to play games you've never played before.

• Like 1

Takes some practice, but if you have to be big (so you can make use of the super speed) and stay big. Try to get them grouped together. Once you do, grab the first super pill and rush over to the power pill that they are all hanging around (usually the lower right one.) Once you get them all the first time, go to the next power pill and wait until the eyes get back to the house. Then eat another power pill before you shrink and rush into the house, eat them all again, then go to the next power pill...wash, rinse, repeat. the nice part is if you lose your "biggen-ness", you can grab the other super pill to get big again. This strategy only works for the first couple screens, because as you said, the power pills don't last very long.

It's not easy and there is some luck involved, but it can be done. I've only been able to do it once or twice so far, but I'll try to make a video of my strategy tonight when I get home from work. :)

I managed to get all the ghosts on the 1st screen earlier but fell short of a maximum cos I didn't get the full 2k from the bonus!

• Like 1

Could anyone tell me how to get two remaining items? Am I doing something wrong?

Honestly, I don't think that's supposed to happen. I think it's a bug. I've seen other bugs in this game too. One game I played, on the bonus level, I completed the board and the bonus time was counting down, but the points were not being added to my score.