IGNORED

Super 8 bit consoles for sale. Plays NES and Famicom

low_budget

I'm selling the last of my Super 8 bit game consoles for a lower price on my website www.lowbudgetify.com

The Super 8 bit is the only aftermarket Nintendo 8 bit console that uses original hardware. This allows the Super 8 bit to have the most authentic gameplay. More authentic than FPGA and much more authentic than emulators.

The Super 8 bit can be assembled with the NESRGB for analog video and CRT compatibility, or the Hi-Def NES for digital video output to modern flatscreen TVs. (The NESRGB and Hi-Def NES cannot be used at the same time.)

The Super 8 bit is available ready to use with NESRGB installed for $499.

I am not offering the Super 8 bit with the Hi-Def NES included. The $299 version of the Super 8 is best for use with the HDMI board.

The Super 8 bit system is available in 2 versions:

-Complete Super 8 bit system with NESRGB, PPU, and CPU installed. In Stock $499.00

-Super 8 bit system without the PPU, CPU, or NESRGB board included. In Stock $299.00

A Hi-Def NES installation works and fits perfectly. With the free composite video amp PCB installed, analog composite video and stereo audio can be used to retain CRT compatibility.

Edited by low_budget

Well these consoles are a fully custom design built by hand in low quantities so it's not possible to sell them for $200. Design a surface mount PCB and machine assemble it with modern components and order 100 of them then it will be cheaper.

I've received nothing but positive feedback for the systems i've sold.

Yes they use original CPU and PPU chips from an original system I built a whopping 30 systems over 2 years so I don't think that made a dent in the 60 million Nintendoes that were produced. Does everyone that had a Nintendo when they were kids want them back now? I don't think there's going to be a shortage. The systems i've used for the chips had cracks, names written in sharpie, really bad paint jobs, missing doors, bad yellowing, etc.

A FPGA will never be as accurate as games played on the original CPU/PPU silicone wafers. They'll get very close, but you're still playing a hardware reproduction.

Edited by low_budget
  • Like 1

Forgot to mention the original project thread started here on atariage:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/203257-nes-super-8-project/page-9?do=findComment&comment=3643625

The Super 8 project inspired analogue to take my idea and make the Nt. Then they advertised everywhere, got lots of $500 preorders and didn't ship systems for an entire year while making excuses. They even lied and said they had the only NES system that uses original hardware.

I guess my honest business style isn't nearly as efficient at generating profits.

So, this is a hobby project and i make next to nothing. The consoles are top quality and not mass produced in China.

Edited by low_budget
  • Like 1

The Super 8 goes back many years when FPGA consoles (or much of anything else) were pipe dreams. In fact it predates many hardware related solutions taken for granted today such as the Blinking Light Win... There were and still are a ton of NES systems that are cosmetically junk- pulling their processors imbued them with a nobler function in this case.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...