IGNORED

Help Needed

IAmTheZOOM

Hello,

I received my Harmony Cart today. I put it in my 7800 and it didn't boot up. I checked it several times, each time powering on/off, nothing. I made sure the ROM files were correct....nothing. Hooked it upto my Mac OS X computer, says it wasn't recognized. Checked the actual card inside the cartridge, looked like it was fine. I just tried reattaching the cartridge to my Mac again, nothing still. (Screenshot shows).

Is there anything I can do to remedy this?

Please let me know.

- Danny

post-50185-0-80130500-1485584056_thumb.png

Hooked it upto my Mac OS X computer, says it wasn't recognized.

Is there anything I can do to remedy this?

Per the Harmony Software and BIOS topic, try installing a driver on your Mac.

To use the software, plug your Harmony cart into your computer. The drivers should already be on your computer as the Harmony is detected as a USB-to-serial port. If the drivers do not install automatically, you may download them for your operating system here. Make sure you download drivers for the FT232R chip.

I have the file FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_2_18.dmg, found on that driver page, in my Mac's downloads directory from 2012.

Hello,

My backup Atari 2600 works with the cart, so I guess my 7800 is somewhat defective towards it. Plays all the real carts on there fine. Hmmm. Maybe its an issue. Oh well. So now my backup Atari 2600 is now the main one, while the 7800 is now the backup.

Thanks for all your advice.

- Danny