IGNORED

Trying to build a project, need help

So I am trying to build a project, and I keep running into the same error message:

Linking things...
UNRESOLVED SYMBOLS
RAPTOR_autoconvert_list (basic.o)
Build error!

What is basic.o? I see basic.o in the build file in my project. Opening it just gives me a bunch of symbols of no help.

If you need it, my whole project is here:

http://www.atari2600land.com/walrus.zip

Looks like you created a project using an ancient version of rb+, then updated, then tried to build. Please create a fresh project (for example "build walrus2 new" from console), then copy your assets folder over, the .bas file and the rapinit.s (and if used rapu235.s) file. Then try building walrus 2. Good luck!

you are using an obsolete rapapp.s file, replace it with the attached or the one within the include\template folder of raptor basic

this fixes the UNRESOLVED SYMBOLS RAPTOR_autoconvert_list (basic.o) error

next you have a buggered rapinit.s file, look at a sample project rapinit.s file, pay particular attention to the very bottom. you have required information missing

once this has been fixed, the project compiles

by the way, you may want to have words with this: rlist[2].y=Stickmanx<<100

it is not right

rapapp.s

Edited by omf

OK, I got it to compile now. But now I have some questions regarding animation.

Attached is the guy's frames. I'd like the stickman to walk to the center of the screen then stop, stop the animation between frames one and two, but then go to frames three and four to have him look at the picture behind him, then shake his head in disagreement a few times (which would use the fifth frame, as well as frames three and four.)

All I could do to stop the animation is to use RSETOBJ(stickman,R_sprite_maxframe,0).

If I tried to do this: RSETOBJ(stickman,R_sprite_animloop,R_ani_once), the stickman disappears. Or is what I want to do even possible?

stickmananimation.bmp

walrus.bas

OK, I got it to compile now. But now I have some questions regarding animation.

Attached is the guy's frames. I'd like the stickman to walk to the center of the screen then stop, stop the animation between frames one and two, but then go to frames three and four to have him look at the picture behind him, then shake his head in disagreement a few times (which would use the fifth frame, as well as frames three and four.)

All I could do to stop the animation is to use RSETOBJ(stickman,R_sprite_maxframe,0).

If I tried to do this: RSETOBJ(stickman,R_sprite_animloop,R_ani_once), the stickman disappears. Or is what I want to do even possible?

i have attempted a variant of what you speak and have got it working and then never finished what i started, you basically have to turn off the automatic animation and do it yourself with counters etc

if you want i can dig out said code for you to look at, which is walking frame by frame controlled by the coder rather than raptor

it will need modification to do what you want but what you need is there to accomplish this.

i would say though you should first try something very simple first like moving things around and trying out the options available to you before you attempt to start with fancy animation that cant be done easily or automatically

I have done most of what I wanted to do in regards to the title screen of this "wonderful" game (not including sound). Sound will be attempted sometime in the near future. I want to show you what I've done so far. I'm guessing the .abs file is the Jaguar equivalent of the ROM for an emulator. So I'll post that here.

stickman.zip

• Like 1

WHY CAN'T THE TEXT SHOW UP?
I put it in the rapinit file in every possible position and still nothing. I also changed the positions around and that didn't help any, either. All I want is the text to come up when the second screen shows up. Why does this have to be so anger-inducing?! :mad:

helpme.zip

Because you are using the wrong command.....

RPRINT string - prints a static string to screen at coordinates set by RLOCATE.
No fancy formatting allowed (i.e. it'll only work with something like
RPRINT "hello". RPRINT "hello"&"world" will fail). Font is set via
basic_r_indx and size from basic_r_size.

Try adding an 'R'

Not reading the manuals leads to anger... anger leads to hate... hate leads to suffering lots of errors that could be avoided by reading the manuals :)

• Like 2

RLOCATE 16,228 will print off screen.

Also, may I suggest toning down "the spoiled 5 year old kid that messes up and wants others to fix his mess without even giving a hint of what is wrong" attitude? The files from your zip wouldn't compile (the assets were missing so I had to add garbage lines in assets.txt) so I could get to the point for it to compile. Then I ran it and through the squidges I saw the "score=" line being printed after a while, and then noticed the off-screen coords of the second print. If you want help, please make it easier for the people who want to help. We can't read your mind!

• Like 2

you have edited / deleted the text / particle layer section of rapinit.s

it is needed to display text

you need to have one if you either want to use the particle enging or want to display text.

as you are not using my list editor (posted elseware with a guide video) you will need to rob it from another project and add it to your rapinit.s

I had the hardest time with today's update until I realized I forgot I needed "<<16" next to x and y positions. I am also in a bind on where to put the score so it will be visible on a real TV. Sadly I don't have a way to test this on a real TV, and I doubt I ever will with the $$$ needed to get one, so a screenshot on a real TV in the ingame score displayed would be really helpful. Or just tell me if it's visible. Press B to start the game. You cannot move Stickman yet. By the way, if you're wondering what Stickman will do, he'll be dodging evil erasers that want to erase him. And by the way, the game has nothing to do with walruses.

http://www.atari2600land.com/stickman/stickman4.zip

Edited by atari2600land

Stickman can now move around the piece of paper. I thought the game was broken because it wasn't working, but as it turns out, it was Virtual Jaguar's fault. When I went to reassign keys, it let me punch in the arrow keys, but it didn't reassign them like it should have. Or you can't use them in Virtual Jaguar, or something.

http://www.atari2600land.com/stickman/stickman5.zip