IGNORED

TI-99/4A Related: 3D Printed Objects

Omega-TI

We've seen some fantastic cases made for TI stuff like the FlashROM 99, NanoPEB, CF7, the 32K sideport expansion, heck even a speech synthesizer box. Down the line someone will probably want an enclosure for the new 32K sideport P-Box adapter, an HXC enclosure or possibly even a case for a new home built TI joystick.

What would you guys like to see in a so-far unavailable object for the TI?

gallery_35324_1027_170.jpg

I want a sidecar box with:-

ram 6kb-1mb

dual RS232

Ethernet

Wifi

4x USB for keyboard and storage.

A floppy controller with an connector

Dual SD card slots

A high end sound device

Midi in and out

Atari compatible joistick ports

UCSD 'P' pascal system support

That should be enough to get started.

Keeping to the topic of 3D printed designs... It would be somewhat cool to have a cartridge case for SuperCarts and Mini Memory cartridges that have a better solution for keeping the battery inside, but being accessible with a door or something similar.

3D prints might not be appropriate, but I'd love shells of some sort for modified TI cards ( like HDX serial ) with a nice way to mount the interrupt disable switch, and battery access. Even mostly open air shells that are more like cages would be nice. Although I don't know 3D materials enough to know if you can get the needed structure that way. I suspect so... The SAMS-2016, TI-RS232w/HDX, TI-FDCw/socketed-80-track? ( Maybe I should just unsocket that last one )

Just ideas.

-M@

• Like 1

Maybe 3D printing can be applied to cleaner mounting of F18A VGA adapter ports...

-M@

Oh yeah, that is a great idea! :thumbsup:

Maybe something where a person can remove some fixed number of slats on the back of the TI and slide in a piece that holds the VGA connector or maybe even an HDMI connector?

I won't mention any names, but I do recall seeing a 'few' pictures of some TI's that had some pretty 'rough looking' (butchered) mounting attempts. :roll: With that in mind, I imagine your idea already has a ready market.

sml_gallery_35324_1027_3886.jpg

3D prints might not be appropriate, but I'd love shells of some sort for modified TI cards ( like HDX serial ) with a nice way to mount the interrupt disable switch, and battery access.

I too would like to have a case for my HDX. When it comes to interrupt and power I mounted my switches on the front for easy

access.

gallery_35324_1027_101466.jpg

• Like 3