IGNORED

BASIC 10Liners 2017

Bunsen

Copied from the 2016 thread:

Yay!

So at http://gkanold.wixsi...c-10liners-2017 I noticed this rule change:

"In addition to the tenliner, the same program must be submitted in "long version", that means, with one command per line; Line jumps (GOTO, GOSUB) and other dependencies must be adjusted so that the program remains fully functional"

which seems like a pain in the ass, but OK..

Are there any other tule changes?

I suppose the best idea is to use the brilliant @dmsc tool https://github.com/dmsc/tbxl-parser, the "-l" command makes basically what is needed by the rules sans line numbers.

The only caveat is this will not work good with Atari Basic (IFs will get converted to TBXL format).

I think this should be discussed in the 2017's contest thread... ;)

Many people asked for a "long version" for educational purposes. The long version should be better to read and understand compared with the original version. Nobody will be disqualified if he doesn't provide the long version. It's just the icing of the cup. I recommend also the tbxl parser...

I noticed that I ruined the homepage. I am trying to recover it (Games List 2016).

• Like 1

Many people asked for a "long version" for educational purposes. The long version should be better to read and understand compared with the original version. Nobody will be disqualified if he doesn't provide the long version. It's just the icing of the cup. I recommend also the tbxl parser...

OK, I've just sent my first entry for this year's contest: Surround. It's just a simplified clone of that VCS's jewell.

post-20192-0-54489900-1486338969_thumb.png

The ZIP file includes all the required files except the long version, as it will be published in my website during the NOMAM's event, just like all my entries for the last year's contest. This is for the PUR-120 category.

I was also working in a version of this game for the PUR-80 category, but I needed to remove many things to fit in less than 800 chars. I'm not sure if the result would be acceptable, or at least interesting for the contest, so I quit it.

I noticed that I ruined the homepage. I am trying to recover it (Games List 2016).

I hope you can recover the whole 2016 entries list.

• Like 3

Kevin, I did small changes to your code and now it fits PUR-80 category. :-D

post-20192-0-97585200-1486735099_thumb.png

I just changed some IF-ENDIF into expressions to control variable's limits, renamed the variables to only 1 letter, changed the screen's scroll FOR-NEXT loop with a single MOVE and sort some statements to fit the 80 columns width. As there was a speed improvement, I had to add a PAUSE to preserve the original speed of the game, but I think there is enough room to make the game faster once you are in the narrowest "kavern".

DESCEND2.LST

• Like 5

I've published another game for the PUR-80 category: Don't go!

attachicon.gifDONTGO.PNG

It is like a pong, so it requires a paddle to be played.

Download: DONTGO.ATR

Game's detailed description: Don't go!

When the 10-liner contest is over, you must add a soundtrack: Don`t go by Yazoo !

• Like 1

Oh! It's almost the same than one of my other projects: Space Ranger. Well, I guess I must quit it and go back to another one. Yours looks very good. Damn! ;)

It would be nice to see Space Ranger as well....this is where ideas start.... and better things come later!

It would be nice to see Space Ranger as well....this is where ideas start.... and better things come later!

I thought about it...

There are some similarities:

- the first person point of view inside the pilot cabin of a plane/starship.

- a clear sky/space.

- a gun sight (that's the name?) that will be used to shoot the enemies.

But there are some differences:

Interceptor:

- you have limited time.

- it has 3 enemies flying arround at the same time.

- you can shoot the one that goes behind the gun sight.

- the score is the number of planes that you hit in the given time.

Space Ranger:

- you have limited amount of energy that it is used by the engines and the gun.

- it has only one enemy in the playfield at a time.

- there is a number of enemies that must be terminated before you run out of energy.

- 3D simulation: there are 3 axis, it introduces the distance between the enemy and you.

- you must chase the enemy and be close enough to successfully hit it when you fire the gun.

- the score is the amount of energy left when you destroyed the enemies fleet.

Currently, the program does not fit within the ~1200 bytes limit for the PUR-120 category, but I think I could compress it a bit more if I remove some of the cabin details and optimize some code. The problem is that I still want to add another feature: a radar, because the enemy might be behind of you!!! Also, you could do a 360 degree turn without finding it if it is over you ;-)

So... I said I thought about this, and I decided to finish it for the contest, but I'm not sure how to continue: simplify it a bit to fit the PUR-120 category or include some other features like the radar and more enemies to be displayed at the same time (as in Interceptor) and move to EXTREME-256 category... Opinions?

BTW, there is another game that seems to be like these ones: Combat Pilot for Amstrad CPC, and I don't know anything about it. It is entry #8 and it goes for the EXTREME-256 category.

I like the radar idea - I've been thinking about this for a Robot Tank like game, but don't know if I'll get to it this year. You should do Space Ranger so I can do a paddle game - I like your four paddle method in DONTGO.

I'm waiting for your paddle game!!! :D

Here's a game called "MAN-UP" for the ten liner PUR-120 category. Can be quite a little time waster.

My best score is 164. :)

-Eric

Nice minigame!!! But it seems a little hard in a PAL system. I cannot distinguish the height of the incoming bullet. My best score is 15!!! I like the running fx of the little man ;)

• Like 1

I'm waiting for your paddle game!!! :D

Nice minigame!!! But it seems a little hard in a PAL system. I cannot distinguish the height of the incoming bullet. My best score is 15!!! I like the running fx of the little man ;)

ok, try this version. It is easier to differentiate between the head-level missiles and the mid-level missiles now.

MANUP.atr

Looking for a paddle game, eh? Have you tried Rain of Terror? ;)