IGNORED

Game of the Year (GOTY) 2016-Survey

Tarzilla

Since GOTY 2016 using the previous method mysteriously hasn't started yet, and a few people have been pestering me about it, time to try something different.

While still not ideal (as determined by someone that does Survey Analysis for a living) using Survey Monkey will be an improvement over the built-in Poll feature of AtariAge. A custom written survey engine that leverages the internal member database would be the only way to properly do it, but who has time for creating that ;)

In the spirit of fun, let's try this method for surveying Game of the Year 2016:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QKVKRYV

The Survey is now open, it will close no sooner than February 18th, 2017 and no later than February 28th, 2017, I will PM Albert the actual time I've picked to close the voting.

Voted, but what is the difference in Game of the Year - Legacy Version- and Game of the Year - New Release-

But combining two separate categories into one... Just asking not meant to stir the pot or anything like that..

just curious...

Cheers and thanks ,

Voted, but what is the difference in Game of the Year - Legacy Version- and Game of the Year - New Release-

But combining two separate categories into one... Just asking not meant to stir the pot or anything like that..

just curious...

Cheers and thanks ,

The first two voting polls have 'hacks' seperated.

The legacy poll has all games in one section.

yup, found it .. voted again as well...

It has two flaws actually, but short of Random Access codes tired to a user's Atari Age handle, there is no perfect method. There are some data rules in place that won't be mentioned but if people aren't honest enough I have no problem ending this one.

Results for the voting should not be visible until the end of voting (unlike AA's Polls,) any results derived from Atari Age's Poll system would require the participation of Albert in order to extract various member data and logging. I did not want to bother him, he has better things to do ;)

• Like 1

I'm not aware of a way to discard votes on AA. How does that work.

It doesn't, hence a different way.

The AA poll mechanism is not designed for proper polling where the results aren't known until the end. Also, a proper survey has some rules behind it not known to participants, again not possible unless Albert wants to export a bunch of data at the end.

This method doesn't appear to be much better.

It has two flaws actually, but short of Random Access codes tired to a user's Atari Age handle, there is no perfect method. There are some data rules in place that won't be mentioned but if people aren't honest enough I have no problem ending this one.

Results for the voting should not be visible until the end of voting (unlike AA's Polls,) any results derived from Atari Age's Poll system would require the participation of Albert in order to extract various member data and logging. I did not want to bother him, he has better things to do ;)

I'm good with any way and any poll list, in the end you dead on about Honesty...

Since Survey Monkey can be gamed by cookie killing (even though under the rules established, multiple responses from the same IP would be removed) it isn't worth the effort so this poll will self-destruct.

Look for a return to the previous, also flimsy, regular IP.Board mickey mouse polling option, but with extra categories.