IGNORED

Retroblox

omnispiro

Man, people really just buy into ideas, huh? Execution of said ideas doesn't matter... just as long as the idea is cool.

Why would you be so psyched before there are any concrete details? I don't get it. I, too, like the IDEA of this, but there is ZERO to get excited about at this point.

Because some people can be bought for surprisingly little.

• Like 3

Man, people really just buy into ideas, huh? Execution of said ideas doesn't matter... just as long as the idea is cool.

Why would you be so psyched before there are any concrete details? I don't get it. I, too, like the IDEA of this, but there is ZERO to get excited about at this point.

There's always a pattern of conduct:

https://youtu.be/07YZwfpFo_0

Here is the CEO and Co-Founder's LinkedIn.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanbernal

putting on my HR hat :dunce:

Young

Idealistic, but not a finisher (one month at Habitat for Humanity, 7 years ago)

Many short-term jobs, no accomplishments shown

No hardware experience

I'd give him an interview but think twice before hiring him. Still better than Mr. RVGS.

• Like 2

Isn't the problem with these consoles that unless they get official backing there's always going to be emu issues. Even the Neo Geo X which was commercial had so many problems.

If they can demonstrate something with no input lag and no screen tear. fine.

Edited by D.Daniels
  • Like 2

not having a go, just saying gamester81 was used, he just trusted it was honest , and then got burnt when the Chameleon went up in frames

I don't think retro gaming is the first place you would think of as being exploited, and its shame gamster81 is associated with it

Edited by D.Daniels

I saw this earlier today, too. I like the basic concept of this and will naturally be following closely, but there's obviously much to be skeptical of (to put it mildly).

I do think someone will eventually get something like this right. I mean, the technology for this is more or less in place, it's just a matter of pulling it all together in a practical and compelling manner, which will no doubt get easier as more time passes.

• Like 1

Seeign this wall of text filled with technical terms make me immediately think of this :

"Whatever is well conceived is clearly said,

And the words to say it flow with ease."

Nicolas Boileau

Which isn't really the case here :D

Their whole description is overly complex. I only understood it when I compared it against Retro VGS and I had to read it a second time.

Well the element module is probably more passive adapters more akin to the Game Base Adapter to play SMS games on the Megadrive : a passive adapter that connect the data lines of a generic cart connector to the cart. The idea is pretty neat as this meat that unlike the Retron, you don't have a bazillion cheap connectors and you wo'nt be limited to only system X and Y.

Reminds me of the 1st iteration of the RetroVGS. They were going to have adapters for all kinds of cartridges..

IMHO this is too much fiddling around. At least for me it is. Some of you may enjoy going through the motions of connecting modules and things together. So ok..

• Like 1

Well from the pictures, the modules are made on the spirit of the LaserActive or the Base Adapter for the Megadrive, which I find interesting because it mean you aren't limited to have only one cartridge used on this system.

And the appeal of owning an emulation box is precisely in using real carts.The idea is nice in that the console is open to possibly any system you want.

But of course it will be possible only if the makers of this system allow third party supplies to make modules (like if they snap-on module sdoesn't have a lock-out chip that allow only official modules to work on it.

Which might not be a thing, if this console ever get made.

Edited by CatPix

IMHO this is too much fiddling around. At least for me it is. Some of you may enjoy going through the motions of connecting modules and things together. So ok..

This Saturday they are going to reveal a "working prototype" at the Socal Retro Gaming Expo. Let's hope that we can get some pictures or videos to see if this is another Coleco Chameleon.

• Like 3