IGNORED

Retroblox

omnispiro

I'll give you a pass because I don't really know anything about your project and you've made no real effort to tell us. You're working on something and you're keeping it quiet until you're ready to make a real announcement. I respect that.

What doesn't work is the approach of saying "HAY GUISE! LOOK AT THIS AMAZING BLOW-YOUR-BALLS-OFF THING I'M ABOUT TO MAKE! SEE HOW SHINY IT IS AND HOW THE RENDERS LOOK SO COOL! GIVE ME MONEY RIGHT NOW. Oh, wait, despite calling so much attention to myself, I don't actually have anything concrete to show, just some pretty pictures."

Retroblox basically has the next 48 hours to steer this info campaign in the right direction. They can either use their reveal as a starting point for full transparency, or they can go full Mike Kennedy. Whichever path they pick, I don't see them changing course once they begin.

You hit the nail on the head there. I'm currently compiling all of my information together, and am awaiting for my new site to be pushed online.

After that, you guys shall know my product, inside and out. I aim for as much transparency from day 1 as possible.

Mind you, Retroblox shares some of the same market as Lythium (my console), but there are some major differences. Most notably? Projected price. There's no way they can hit our target. I'll explain more in time.

I respect you guys here, and the entire retro gaming market as I experienced the whole downfall of Chameleon as well. That give me insight. Additionally, I know you all work hard to preserve retro gaming, and have strong ethics regarding that. :3

• Like 1

I don't know why, but I have a strange feeling that we are going to live all over again the same story. Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see... until then, that gif represents what I'm afraid is going to happen in the next couple of days...

Heh, I got your back man, I got your back.

Who's got mine? ;)

So retroblox is not listed as a vendor or sponsor at Socal Retro Gaming Expo. John Lester (gamester81) is attending as a guest, maybe he is going to be the MC...

Here's the link:

http://www.socalretrogamingexpo.com/vendors/

Please don't tell me Blox is crashing at someone else's booth...

• Like 3

So retroblox is not listed as a vendor or sponsor at Socal Retro Gaming Expo. John Lester (gamester81) is attending as a guest, maybe he is going to be the MC...

Here's the link:

http://www.socalretrogamingexpo.com/vendors/

Oh, wow! Now it has another connection to the Chameleon...

I remember all the fuzz about Lester's involvement with RVGS/Chameleon...

Just remember, shady console fundraisers aren't a big deal, cause ISIS.

I remember that, from his "apology" video. Ugh, Tubers are the worst.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Not_as_bad_as

The "not as bad as" fallacy, also known as the fallacy of relative privation,[2] asserts that [1] if something is worse than the problem currently being discussed, then [2] the problem currently being discussed isn't that important at all. In other words: nothing matters if it's not literally the worst thing happening.[note 1] It's popular with people who know perfectly well they're doing something wrong. Since they are fully aware that they're doing something wrong, they feel compelled to attempt to justify it and do so by pointing to other (usually worse) actions.

The fallacy is a form of the moral equivalence fallacy.

• Like 1

Maybe I'll bother going to a gaming expo when they stop inviting these people as guests. Youtube collectards aren't folks I want to hear from.

I kind of thought they were the ones behind the retro scene in the sense they made it acceptable, I remember the first time looking on YouTube at some games I grew up with and inside thought how I'm proving to all my school enemies/bullies what a nerd I still am at 33, shouldn't I be looking at how to change a spark plug or fix a shelf for beer

Edited by D.Daniels

I'm not even sure at this point what we consider a working prototype. Something showing their hybrid element whatnot? I hope for their sake that it's an actual prototype and not just a stripped down PC running emulators.

The hybrid element is all the rage and big mystery, whatever that means. PC or other dedicated computer packed with emulators is still the most popular method of bringing back the classics. From small fart-in-a-bottle kickstarters to full-blown storms from major manufacturers.

FPGA takes a lot of time to develop. And I can't imagine them doing it (again) from scratch, when it's already been done.

I kind of thought they were the ones behind the retro scene in the sense they made it acceptable, I remember the first time looking on YouTube at some games I grew up with and inside thought how I'm proving to all my school enemies/bullies what a nerd I still am at 33, shouldn't I be looking at how to change a spark plug or fix a shelf for beer

You should be doing the things you enjoy, not what others dictate. And definitely not what others think. And definitely don't waste time proving anything to former schoolmates, I assure you they aren't thinking of you at this very moment.

And these "retro advocate" youtooberz are typically paid some way or another, through advertising or kickbacks from a company. Somehow. Someway. So I just take it with a grain of salt, if and when I watch them.

• Like 2

You should be doing the things you enjoy, not what others dictate. And definitely not what others think. And definitely don't waste time proving anything to former schoolmates, I assure you they aren't thinking of you at this very moment.

And these "retro advocate" youtooberz are typically paid some way or another, through advertising or kickbacks from a company. Somehow. Someway. So I just take it with a grain of salt, if and when I watch them.

true, but I wouldn't say there all bad, the you tubers not my school bullies, Pat the Nes Punk and Metal Jesus, are genuine, also while I agree youtube is now commercial as Starbucks and KFC

Edited by D.Daniels
  • Like 1

The hybrid element is all the rage and big mystery, whatever that means. PC or other dedicated computer packed with emulators is still the most popular method of bringing back the classics. From small fart-in-a-bottle kickstarters to full-blown storms from major manufacturers.

FPGA takes a lot of time to develop. And I can't imagine them doing it (again) from scratch, when it's already been done.

I imagine "hybrid emulation technology" is just a fancy marketing term for "interface that reads cartridges and loads them into an emulator". By all means, that's not a bad thing. But there's no reason to claim its patented, nor patentable, nor that it's "technology". Being ambiguous on purpose, is a bad thing in this case.

Edited by Lyth
  • Like 1

Well, if it's patented, there should be a patent number.

And if there's no patent number, it's a lie.

I'd imagine it could be "patent pending", due to the many obstructions related to it in the first place. (Possible infringements on current patents, OEM parts, non exclusive "technology", multiple current products existing which use the same technology, etc)

I'm not a patent lawyer, but it's not difficult to foresee the issues with such a claim, and any acts to make such a claim into a reality (ie; patented).

Edited by Lyth