IGNORED

Retroblox

omnispiro

Maybe they have a backup plan to ship a NES-on-a-chip... :P

And if they need a new case to accommodate their new board, I know where they can get some Jaguar shells in all the colors of the rainbow. That should save them hundreds of thousands of dollars, right?

Edited by atm94404
  • Like 2

At this point, if this really launches? Will it even sell beyond the number of backers who have already put their money down? I really don't see it selling beyond those numbers. I'm not trying to slag them but I lost interest in it when they made it an emulation box. Plus, can they sell enough units and keep the money coming in to manufacture other modules?

How long til they've run out the clock on chargebacks?

Maybe that's what their announcement of their announcement in March is about.

The letter you wrote in the Atacobox thread (http://atariage.com/forums/topic/266480-new-atari-console-that-ataribox/?p=4219778) should work fine. Just change a few things, and they should be good to go.

You should get paid to write those letters.

The again they don't have speaker hats, but I bet they could fix that.

As for compensating you, we will be making a special line of Polymega speaker hats....

Edited by cybercylon
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

30 days to go! Who's waiting by the mailbox???

attachicon.gifEDD3D8B6-EAEE-4456-A8CC-9CFE1BA924C8.jpeg

I know one guy who isn't: one of the guys who liked most of my more recent replies, as well as made their own, to Polymega's Twitter. This dude is straight up pissed. This guy even admitted he's one of the suckers (his words, not mine) who preordered, and when reality about the situation, along with the fact that it is practically impossible for a small startup like Playmaji to completely redesign their console within six months is damned near impossible.

Since at this point, Polymega has only blocked one person I've seen on Twitter, and hasn't attempted damage control on the platform, I'm going to just use the Twitter BBCode functionality on this forum to show how mad this absolute lad is link them here (whoops).

https://twitter.com/DragomorphX/status/1101208941692895233

https://twitter.com/DragomorphX/status/1101210248323444736

https://twitter.com/DragomorphX/status/1101214852553555968

It appears that Polymega's supporters are starting to open their eyes, and slowly turning against Playmaji. While this person has obviously made their own bed, I cannot help but feel for this person since I've lead down the garden path with rose colored prose a couple times in my life. We have one month before delivery is supposed to start, and shit's going to hit the fan right quick when (not if) they do not deliver.

Edited by DurradonXylles
  • Like 1

No more "just wait". If this thing is not literally on a boat from China as I type this, it will not make its launch date. Polymega's past the point where they can say they're "hard at work" or "perfecting" it. By their own promises, it should be en route.

Time up, pencils down, scammers.

• Like 4

No more "just wait". If this thing is not literally on a boat from China as I type this, it will not make its launch date. Polymega's past the point where they can say they're "hard at work" or "perfecting" it. By their own promises, it should be en route.

Time up, pencils down, scammers.

C'mon you now, you use the moniker of "god's lab rat" ... of all people you should be able to .... just wait!

Yeah, as you wait don't hold your breath :)

PS: it took me forever to read it straight, I always thought it was "gold's a brat" which makes no sense.

• Like 4

C'mon you now, you use the moniker of "god's lab rat" ... of all people you should be able to .... just wait!

PS: it took me forever to read it straight, I always thought it was "gold's a brat" which makes no sense.

Haha- Ive been in this forum for nearly a decade and until just now I thought the same thing about his screen name. Awesome :)

Edited by jerseystyle

Haha- Ive been in this forum for nearly a decade and until just now I thought the same thing about his screen name. Awesome :)

Heh I remember Pat or Ian reading Bossig's comments on "Completely Unnecessary Podcast" and attributing them to "God Sla Brat" as well. Seemed appropriate enough for that pair of goofballs mocking something really dumb like Coleco Chameleon or AtariBox.

It's a lab rat, with graph paper as a background!

Hey jerseystyle, you need an avatar. That helps some of us visual types with associating people with names.

• Like 1

The rat is actually taken from a much bigger graphic that used to be the title banner for my website. In it, the rat would stand in his cage, until a big robed hand descended from the sky, and would pet him on the head. Then he'd smile.

The phrase "God's Lab Rat" was something I came up with in college to describe those days when you just can't win. Oddly, it gets smirks from people of all philosophical slants.

• Like 2

So it's been three weeks since the last time the Polymega Twitter has had any significant updates, and we now have less than a month before the set launch date; we were supposed to get a proper update as promised by an earlier tweet.

It's okay though, we can rest easy.

unknown.png

Now I'm just going to sip my tea.

• Like 1

Standard playbook for these scammer clowns is if the update is supposed to come "in March", it will come in the last week of March, very likely the last day. It will consist of "we're hard at work" and "surprise surprise, we can't ship April 1st. We could not possibly have seen that coming."

So it's been three weeks since the last time the Polymega Twitter has had any significant updates, and we now have less than a month before the set launch date; we were supposed to get a proper update as promised by an earlier tweet.

It's okay though, we can rest easy.

unknown.png

Now I'm just going to sip my tea.

I can hear the slurping.

I feel bad enough for being taken for a fool with Paprium, but I did have the mindset that Watermelon might not come through on that one. This is different. Didn't people pledge insane amounts of money during their own "fundraising" phase? There was no third party monitoring what money went where. Polymega is just going to jerk people around until it goes silent or claims bankruptcy. The money some contributors gave is insane. I know next to nothing about programming hardware, but I damn well knew that Polymega was promising the moon.

Edited by TheCardiganKing
  • Like 2

Ha, I thought it was God's LA brat as in from Los Angeles.

• Like 2

I mean, is there really anybody still thinking the Polymega is shipping next month? Anyone?

I mean, if it were shipping next month, the consoles would already have been manufactured and in a shipping container on their way to the US for final packaging and distribution. That means Playmaji could have posted pictures of the finished consoles coming off the assembly line (which the manufacturer would have certainly provide to Playmaji in a status email). So we know they haven't been manufactured yet.

But let's say they were about to be manufactured (meaning the unit could ship in late May). That means the final boards and final case components are finished. But if that was true, Playmaji would have posted pictures of these on Twitter because it takes ten seconds to post a picture on Twitter. No matter how busy they are "working round the clock" they still have to use the toilet once in awhile, and SOMEONE could post a pic on Twitter.

Okay, so that means the final boards and cases aren't ready (pushing the Polymega ship date back to July at the absolute earliest). But maybe they are ABOUT to make the final case and boards. Well that means they must have finished their manufacturing samples (before committing to final mass production) on both the revised motherboard and the revised case. Well let's see if there is a picture of either on the Twitter. Darn. No pictures. Well then they haven't started tooling for producing the cases yet. So now we're into October as the earliest.

Well at least they must have a 3D-printed prototype of the new (larger) case or something they give to the manufacturers to begin tooling for an injection-molded case or SOMETHING. Let's check the Twitter again for that picture. Nada. So 2019 is looking pretty iffy now for getting that Polymega. But I'm sure they will have a VERY compelling story before April 1st about why the Polymega will be "a little" late and how it will be even better if we'll all just be a little patient.

Edited by atm94404
  • Like 2

Weirdly enough (or perhaps this is TOTALLY NORMAL) the news of their contest never made it onto their Facebook page. If they were serious about getting submissions, wouldn't they have posted it on every platform?

Nah, the contest thing is majorly weird. Right now, Playmaji is obviously in a space where they want total silence... so they break that only for an announcement that's not connected to PolyMega in any meaningful way. The ROM maker software doesn't really help PolyMega, PolyMega doesn't really help the ROM maker software. Aside from some minor target audience crossover, I don't see why it ever happened.

Best guesses, based on very little evidence:

1- the project creators know each other and it's a personal courtesy, or

2- this is an attempt to gain material for the Polymega's digital game service.

I suppose the "we're gonna be a bit delayed, perfection takes time" line works if you haven't been paying attention. They must have a lot of buyers who didn't do their homework. But anyone who has watched PolyMega since the start knows that they're still at JagSNES levels of development, and a ship date of three weeks from now is a joke.

• Like 3