IGNORED

Retroblox

omnispiro

"Perhaps you should show a system that works" = a small idea?

The problem with people who think they have a reality distortion field a la Steve Jobs is that their field usually works on them only...

Meanwhile Analogue, MiSTer, and others are in the stratosphere compared to these guys.

Let's see some hard gear man.

Edited by Newsdee
  • Like 3

I'm pretty sure we're T-minus around 18 days until we get to hear the big, "it was actually an April Fool's all along, too bad you can't contest those credit charges anymore! A big thanks from the Polymega team! Be sure to look out for our new preorder campaign to preorder a preorder for our next big thing!!"

• Like 3

I'm honestly still trying to wrap my head around how Playmaji can say these two things in regards to their console with a straight face.

s2v253s.png

unknown.png

Mind you, these two tweets are months apart, but I cannot imagine that Bernal and Co. has somehow come up with a perfect, or at least far better, solution to the question of CD console BIOS during that time; especially not without having men like Rob Wyatt or Eric Christensen around to respectively help with hardware and software design.

I know I already addressed this last night, but what kind of hallucinogen do you have to be on to be this unaware of what you're saying? So the work that people like MiSTer and Kevtris are doing is just oh-so limited and far from perfect (which, yes, FPGA hardware emulation is still an ongoing effort, but it's already been proven to work multiple times over), and only for elitist snobs who care to play all of their old games and/or aftermarket homebrews on their HD televisions. But requiring the end user of your hardware to either use ZSNES-era high level emulation of BIOS of the CD-based consoles, or having to purchase said "dying hardware" to rip the BIOS themselves lest you want to advocate piracy to them, is perfectly fine in the eyes of the manufacturers of the shovelware shit console software emulation console that has a, somewhat unrealistically if you look at the specs, planned MSRP of $300 per console and at least $50 per module to play different cartridges.

That would require strategy and choice word usage in a public space, neither of which this small team of people are obviously capable of. They are acting like spoiled teenagers who just got internet privileges taken away for a week because they were over an hour after curfew with their boyfriend Trent: "who might've been caught stealing from the local convenient store, but is really a good guy, and I want to keep seeing him, mom!"

FPGA was this console's white horse until it wasn't, and now they want to get their point across about how their trumped up, modular Retron 5 is a SO MUCH BETTER solution without actually showing how or why. When that stopped working, they went to kicking and screaming in hopes that their lashing out will somehow make them endearing in the eyes of Twitter just because they played the victim. But reality shows us that social media sucks and people are mostly indifferent at best on such websites. At this point I don't know what this company's end goals are, but I'm eager to see what shitshow the actual announcement will be when they show it off.

If this tweet is anything to go by, though, I think we already know that the delay announcement is inevitable.

unknown.png

Edited by DurradonXylles
  • Like 5

"we intend to share that very soon" ha ha, we have heard that before from these cats!

post-2410-0-21361700-1552496518.jpg

This thread and That Ataribox thread are fascinating to me. "Atari VCS" has chosen to clam up, because every time they say something, it's instantly mocked and/or debunked. Polymega was quiet for a long time, under the guise of "working too hard to bother with Twitter" (never mind they deleted their forums) until this latest spate of nonsense.

Is it any wonder that they share this genius in common?

• Like 2

Durradon, what's the difference between the Polymega and the Retro Freak? Do people not realize that they've paid for a more modular Retro Freak that doesn't even exist? Why aren't people just forcing charge backs through their banks and credit card companies? It's not like the guys at Playmaji will ever have the means to affect credit or to take people to court.

Durradon, what's the difference between the Polymega and the Retro Freak? Do people not realize that they've paid for a more modular Retro Freak that doesn't even exist? Why aren't people just forcing charge backs through their banks and credit card companies? It's not like the guys at Playmaji will ever have the means to affect credit or to take people to court.

There really isn't outside of the Polymega being x86 based. People don't realize this because they don't know the Retro Freak or other similar consoles exist. The people Playmaji are aiming for are those who are somewhat into retro console gaming but not too serious about it, are not informed or simply do not care because this console looks pretty, and have more money than sense.

In other words: suckers.

Most of the estimated 2,100 people who supported the Polymega aren't forcing chargebacks or demanding refunds because they want to believe this company will deliver despite everything (underdog effect), and have figured that they've already spent the cash and wants to see where this journey ends (forgone conclusive spending). These people either have never watched YouTube channels like StopDrop&Retro, Slope's Game Room, cr1tikal/penguinz0, MadLittlePixel, Rerez, or any number of other channels that have covered crowdfunding campaigns before, or simply convinced themselves that not going through a crowdfunding website somehow gives more credibility to a fly-by-night tech startup with a dubious proposition for a console than taking said credibility away.

While I've only backed a few crowdfunding campaigns, most of which have delivered up to this point, I can understand the mindsets of the customers/backers and empathize with their reasoning for supporting Playmaji this long on blind faith alone. This console screams "indie startup underdog success" story, and there's this weird satisfaction a lot of people get simply supporting what they think is a worthy cause especially if there's a promise of receiving something good at the end. We seem to care less about the fact that we just spent money on a product that may not ever come into existence if we use any number of limp excuses to justify this type of flagrant spending.

I've been burned by this mindset a few times in my life, granted these experiences were outside of crowdfunding. However, this mindset appears to happen the same way regardless, and this is what snake oil salesmen and Ponzi schemers feed off of. I won't comment on creditor reclamation or anything pertaining to legal recourse until anything of the sort happens, as we aren't quite at that juncture in this part of the Polymega's saga.

• Like 2

"Perhaps you should show a system that works" = a small idea?

The problem with people who think they have a reality distortion field a la Steve Jobs is that their field usually works on them only...

Meanwhile Analogue, MiSTer, and others are in the stratosphere compared to these guys.

Let's see some hard gear man.

Analogue shows them up yet again:

https://twitter.com/...571034197520385

So next week, after constantly trash-talking Analogue, we can expect the Polymega "it looks like we aren't going to make our April 1st ship date but only because we are making the system so much awesomer" announcement. Meanwhile Analogue is shipping the "small idea" system ahead of schedule. The karma and irony are so delicious.

• Like 6

Until I found this website, and got a little more educated I was very keen on the Polymega. After reading here and gaining some more insight, I held off the initial pre-order, thankfully.

Today I ordered a Mega-sg, a product that appears to have actual tangible substance.

• Like 6

Analogue shows them up yet again:

https://twitter.com/...571034197520385

So next week, after constantly trash-talking Analogue, we can expect the Polymega "it looks like we aren't going to make our April 1st ship date but only because we are making the system so much awesomer" announcement. Meanwhile Analogue is shipping the "small idea" system ahead of schedule. The karma and irony are so delicious.

Yep. Considering the months of radio silence, the sorry attempts at deflecting, and trying to shift blame onto us for daring to call them out and expect honesty and transparency from industry veterans running The company, I would be not be surprised in the slightest that we get the "Sorry, we have to delay the release," update. Like I said before, Bryan Bernal is all talk.

• Like 1

They either announce the delay, or miss the date and act surprised when paying customers complain and take to the streets. Playmaji had six months to make this happen (on a timetable they set themselves) and now that time's up they can't act surprised at the results.

• Like 2

Until I found this website, and got a little more educated I was very keen on the Polymega. After reading here and gaining some more insight, I held off the initial pre-order, thankfully.

Today I ordered a Mega-sg, a product that appears to have actual tangible substance.

Welcome aboard. Always nice to hear a win for thinking critically.
  • Like 5

I don't understand the criticisms of retroblox/polymega towards the Mega Sg? If their goal is to deflect their shortcomings? It's really childish and unprofessional. They have consistently released product and polymega can't even show a Saturn game running on their hardware... Have there been any actual games running on their hardware?

Unlike the polymega. I have a Super nt and I will order a Mega Sg because they actually deliver!

• Like 1

Evidently the "tweetstorm" of updates begins at 10am today, so BE PREPARED.

Are we caught up to date with "delaying to make it better" jokes? :D

Oh boy, still about an hour and a half away. And Jesus, that tweet. This sounds like someone who is prefacing their admittance of shame to their significant other: "Hey, you love me right?"

• Like 1