IGNORED

Retroblox

omnispiro

Parish's talk of bespoke system setups is a bit of an understatement because I believe he's even tried or managed to route his Super NT and NT Mini into his PVM (which is the source of much of his drama with his setup, since he also streams using the systems he has hooked up to his PVM).

I don't think it is worth starting a new thread for this, but the market needs another one of these devices?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/681890174/indiego-classic-retro-console-and-xs-the-new-slim

At least expectations seem to be kept low.

(Still begs to ask... why not just get a cheap PC made in the last few years?)

Edited by cybercylon

I don't think it is worth starting a new thread for this, but the market needs another one of these devices?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/681890174/indiego-classic-retro-console-and-xs-the-new-slim

At least expectations seem to be kept low.

(Still begs to ask... why not just get a cheap PC made in the last few years?)

The only advantage would be if the emulators work well without nonstop tweaking which is the problem with a cheap PC.

Anyway I find the slutty AROS kitty with a whip stepping on Tux quite disturbing:

p5co5.png

Edited by thetick1

Retro games can run on a potato computer. Snobbery and retro gaming mix like orange juice and toothpaste.

True but the closer you get to modern consoles you need something with a little more compute power than RasberryPi... say like lower tier / mid range NUC.

Hehe you get a thanks on the above post just for your wit. You always have great lines..

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 1

"Cheap" is a relative term. You don't need a four figure tower of doom if your plan is to emulate older consoles.

This is true. Even the most accurate emulators don't need much more than 2 GHz from an eight-year-old PC. A Core i3-2100 is more than enough for Higan and BlastEm. A NUC that doesn't have an Atom chip is sufficient. I'd skip the cheapest of the cheap, though. Celerons and Pentiums with Atom cores would be pushing it.

And that same i3-2100 should be plenty for Saturn emulation - just ask Playmaji! :lol:

• Like 1

At this point, they've set the bar low enough that "It worked pretty well" is all they needed to accomplish. It's a shame they couldn't have been up-front about the potential of this thing from the beginning.

The time for any of this would have been BEFORE THEY TOOK MONEY AND PROCEEDED TO VANISH

• Like 2

The time for any of this would have been BEFORE THEY TOOK MONEY AND PROCEEDED TO VANISH

Yep. I mean, they can deliver their PC emustation... it's still not what was promoted and (I'm certain) not what all their customers thought they were ordering.

• Like 3