IGNORED

Retroblox

omnispiro

It was always software emulation. The fpga chip was for the custom circuits to support cartridges directly i.e. "hybrid emulation". Doesn't really matter for cd-rom based systems.

They originally promised Super Gameboy compatibility. That is, and always has been, beyond the means of what software emulation can do.

• Like 1

Except in the theoretical case of software emulation with "hybrid emulation".

Well, if that's the case, I'm waiting on "pizza emulation", wherein my console comes with take out. So long as we're making stuff up, I'm going nuts.

Latest reports are reading light gun support. I do admit that is one gap that has yet to be filled by anyone, so if they've got something, more power to them.

It's more than likely just the Hyperkin light gun for HDTVs. Nobody can have an original thought (in this case, a community member hacking the ROM to wait for the LCD to catch up) without it being ripped off by hardware companies. They're such vultures.

https://www.neowin.net/news/hands-on-with-hyperkins-nes-light-gun-for-lcds-and-raspberry-pi-diy-snes-kit/

• Like 1

So these jokers and Atari SA are "supposed to be at E3". Maybe they will have a meeting of the masterminds of vaporware or of crap that does not solve problems in the market or fill a need. Could be interesting or just more taco posts and memes.

I picture them at E3 trying to get a crowd and failing... because on center stage there is a comeback Mike Kennedy hired by Steam to promote PC gaming and making a killing.

That's a movie I'd pay to see.

E3 seems to have gone well for Polymega. I like the light gun design. To me the orange version looks camouflaged - quite cool really! I want one!

Before E3though, they said on Twitter that they had "huge announcements" at E3. The gun was announced before E3 - was that the "huge announcements" or have I missed something ?

Also on Twitter, they were asked if they would be announcing new modules at E3 - they said yes. They've shown the 4 we knew about - where are the new ones ?

It's looking promising but I've wanted to be fair on these points and wait till E3 was over before posting.

• Like 1

Cool that they actually showed something but with so many options out there. I don't see this being anything more than a niche system. The VCS has 11,00+ backers and I can't see this having even half of that.

Is the Dreamcade still around? I'm thinking so but it didn't become a break out selling system? Unless I'm wrong? Not ripping. Just how I see it.

Good luck to them.

On 6/14/2019 at 9:01 AM, thedoppelganger said:

Also on Twitter, they were asked if they would be announcing new modules at E3 - they said yes. They've shown the 4 we knew about - where are the new ones ?

I found the original post:

Q Will you show off more modules you have in the works ?   

A Yessir.

Did I interpret the posters meaning wrongly? Did Polymega interpret wrongly. Not sure I spose, but that's the question and answer ........

• Like 1

Pat and Ian suggested that you may just need to divorce your feelings about the unit from your opinion on the company's behavior.  I suppose there is some wisdom in that, but as I'm not overly impressed with either, it hasn't been an issue yet.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

Pat and Ian suggested that you may just need to divorce your feelings about the unit from your opinion on the company's behavior.  I suppose there is some wisdom in that, but as I'm not overly impressed with either, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Pat and Ian can address me publicly here if they have an opinion. Where have they expressed that ? This forum however is not for opinions on each other - it's about our common interests. I've reported the post on the basis on Pat and Ian's behaviour.

• Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...