IGNORED

Retroblox

omnispiro

31 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

I think we are almost at the point in this kind of movie where a high-profile team member quits or is fired, and the media gets part of the story, then the remaining staff says "no no, everything is fine, still on track"

Don't forget, that has already happened.

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2019 at 7:43 AM, Flojomojo said:

That would be Rob Wyatt then. You can read some of our loving tributes to him the ? "new console that ataribox" thread. Be sure to send money to his Gameboard project!

Reveal hidden contents

If you're a sucker, that is

Eric Christensen.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Over a month since Playmaji's last Twitter post and a couple weeks since their last reply to queries for an update.  Even then, all they promised was "we're working on an update".  I don't know what more proof people need to see this thing is not coming out anytime soon.  Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday would be the time for a company to make a play for disposable income if they had any chance of delivering something in the next few months.  They're still accepting pre-orders, so the fact they didn't even try to grab people's attentions when holiday shoppers at their most susceptible with their money says a great deal about Playmaji's lack of confidence in the Polymega shipping in the near future.  Maybe they'll claim that "April 1st, 2019" was a typo and they always meant 2020.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Compatibility list actually seems pretty good, if true. 
Polymega™-CD-Game-Compatibility-Report-120119.pdf

I would have been all over this 10 years ago... but yet another emulator? I don't really need them (or original disc media) for that. 

Compatibility is about what I would expect from an emu box.  Good, but not impressive.  Neither is patching or filters.  The light gun is a good feature but not a system seller.  

The only thing that really gets my attention is the proposed 90 day shipping Window.  If they're really committing to having these in the mail by the end of February, then there isn't much more wiggle room.  It would mean Poly is actually production ready.

If you paid $400 for this thing, I hope you get it and it was worth it.  I am really curious to see how many people jump on this after launch.  

• Like 1

Since http://furrtek.free.fr/sdloader/ is almost ready, I think one of the big attractions (for me at least) kind of vanishes.

I just don't see me spending 400US$ for an emu box, also it seems they put a lot of emphasis on PS1 and Saturn (that gives them a very long list of games to show of in the compatibility list) .... which is great in a way and not so interesting in another (again for me).

What's-his-name at Polymega Power Nintendolife wrote yet another fluff piece about the Polymega.  At this point, he and Bryan have GOT to be buddies or something.  I'm hesitating to suggest that Nlife might stand to profit directly from the success of Polymega, but after the console is released, I would be very interested to see how actively the site covers it and if the advertising partner Gamer Network finds a way to make some coin off it.

Anyway...

ELWSjDmXYAApcsa.thumb.png.c2a58b9280d2146f2a31058dc16a8f17.png

Given that the included ROMs appear to be whatever the team could license extremely cheaply, I'm really curious to see what's in the online store.  On a Venn diagram, it'll be the intersection of "Interested in paying lawyers to draw up contracts for an install base of less than 3,000 units" and "Decades-old game company still alive and kicking".  

• Like 2

Being able play my real Japanese Saturn games with English patches is the biggest deal for me.  I have no interest in running CDRs of my real software and want to play the actual disc so this system is ideal for me assuming they can get really good Saturn capability.

If the reviews for the system are good and the support for updates is good then I will most likely pull the trigger.