IGNORED

Retroblox

omnispiro

I can confirm that my order is marked Canceled,  I got a few emails saying my gift cards have been credited back. (which i kept, but if you did not you can call them)

That is lame because I bought this with gift cards now, I really wanted to buy this with credit.

Oh well I am in no hurry to get the unit perhaps I will wait a bit longer to re-consider buying one from Polymega

I finally requested a refund of my preorder (the one with all the modules) that I placed years ago. I was mainly interested in the turnkey solution and the nice UI for many systems.

For me it was a convenience choice to not have deal with everything myself like I have for years, but so much time has passed, so many actual FPGA systems have released, there’s a number of really good ODE solutions out there now, etc. It’s so hard to still have any patience or trust in this company at this point.

I know there’s always been an argument to just do it yourself since it was just emulation. Very valid argument, but as I’ve gotten older my time and willingness to tinker has diminished so paying to have a nice solution felt worth it to me. I’ve not kept up with emulation for many years now. I fulfill much of classic and retro gaming between my Analogue systems and MiSTer at this point. With that said I’m not opposed to tinkering so does anyone know of a nice UI that would similarly to the Polymega? I’m after something that is completely controller driven and mainly after things like PSX and Saturn. Any recommendations or point me in the direction of some good info would be appreciated.

• Like 2

On 2/1/2021 at 1:37 PM, XtraSmiley said:

Please let us know if you get your refund. As these companies start getting more desperate, I wonder if refunds will be "delayed" or never appear once enough people start demanding them.

There were a bit slow to reply, but they are cancelling my order and refunding me. I'll update once the refund has actually gone through. Nothing like giving a nice interest free loan to a company for a few years... If it had been delivered within a year I wouldn't really be that bothered by it, but I think this is going on 3 years?

49 minutes ago, Ricdeau said:

There were a bit slow to reply, but they are cancelling my order and refunding me. I'll update once the refund has actually gone through. Nothing like giving a nice interest free loan to a company for a few years... If it had been delivered within a year I wouldn't really be that bothered by it, but I think this is going on 3 years?

You know, it's been a while since I heard someone say retroblox "Just needed to get better at communicating."

13 hours ago, Ricdeau said:

My refund went through today without any issues from Polymega’s end. At least there’s that.

Good for you, I'd say you're lucky. I have a feeling there will be people holding the bag on this one, even if they are able to ship some orders.

I was on discord and there is a guy on there who just dumped $1k on a new order....  ?

2 hours ago, XtraSmiley said:

Good for you, I'd say you're lucky. I have a feeling there will be people holding the bag on this one, even if they are able to ship some orders.

I was on discord and there is a guy on there who just dumped $1k on a new order....  ?

I'm sure they're still getting some orders, but I strongly suspect that new orders are now outpaced by refund requests.

Polymega is *out* of time.  

On 2/6/2021 at 12:21 PM, godslabrat said:

I'm sure they're still getting some orders, but I strongly suspect that new orders are now outpaced by refund requests.

Polymega is *out* of time.  

Yeah.  By the time the Polymega has a general release it should be easy enough to walk into a store and buy an Xbox Series X, take it home and slap in Retroarch.   

I like the Polymega, but like you said, they're out of time.   The price is also a real problem if you want to play carts.

3 minutes ago, cybercylon said:

Can't see how this was going to turn out any other way.

The bar was set way too low at only half a million for pre-orders.  With such a small amount of money for such an big project, there just wasn't a good outcome waiting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The saga continues. While this isn't necessarily a huge deal it is indicative of a company that doesn't have their affairs in order (I know...just add it to the list). I'm glad I cancelled and refunded. It just seems convenient that every time they are getting ready to start shipping there's something that prevents it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ricdeau said:

The saga continues. While this isn't necessarily a huge deal it is indicative of a company that doesn't have their affairs in order (I know...just add it to the list). I'm glad I cancelled and refunded. It just seems convenient that every time they are getting ready to start shipping there's something that prevents it.

It's a nice little continuation of the game they played when it came to announcing specs.  "We'll answer all your questions at the NEXT event!" Which conveniently never arrives.

But to be fair, the other FauxRetro consoles pull the exact same thing.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, afx_acid said:

It's very, very quiet on the Polymega twitter at the moment. No hype posts for over three months.

Well, at this point, they're making a major accomplishment by just proving they have the right to do business in the state of California.  So... yeah, they're setting the bar damn low.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 12:17 PM, godslabrat said:

Well, at this point, they're making a major accomplishment by just proving they have the right to do business in the state of California.  So... yeah, they're setting the bar damn low.

It's a shame, because even without FPGA this could have been a good product.   But the price and incompetence are just too much. I find it hilarious they're talking about a digital store for this thing.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Agillig said:

It's a shame, because even without FPGA this could have been a good product.   But the price and incompetence are just too much. I find it hilarious they're talking about a digital store for this thing.

Had they just said from day 1 "We're going to make an emulation pc in a living room form factor", I would have patted them on the back.  But now they've tried so hard to make this box into something it's not that I can't even take them seriously if they tell me water is wet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1