Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, cybercylon said:

I wonder if this Retroarch release runs on the previous Xbox generation (in my case Xbox One X... curse you M$ with these confusing names!)

Yes it does run on Xbox One.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Pat and Ian, the guys who went out of their way to be neutral and fair to polymega, are calling it out now.  TLDR, it's a mismanaged project that has outlived its relevance before it even got released.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I preordered mine from Walmart around 2 weeks ago when they went back for sale.  I was able to use 3 $100 dollar AT&T Debit Gift Cards and some Walmart gift cards that have been in my wallet for ages.  All in all I paid $65 dollars out of my pocket.  I figured if they deliver, great I am looking forward to using it.  If however something happens Walmart will just refund my credit and debit, no risk.

 

I however do the get feeling they are going to deliver and if the reviewers are to go by anything, should be a useable system.

 

I stopped listening to anything from Pat & Ian when they started bashing Amico, I just do not care for their personal opinions on anything video game related, however I respect anyone who enjoys listening to them, no bigs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, don't buy an Xbox just to run RetroArch. Developer mode requires paying MS $20 and you lose the ability to play Xbox games. Just get an Intel NUC and use Lakka if you're that horny for an all-in-one setup. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, derFunkenstein said:

Guys, don't buy an Xbox just to run RetroArch. Developer mode requires paying MS $20 and you lose the ability to play Xbox games. Just get an Intel NUC and use Lakka if you're that horny for an all-in-one setup. 

You don't lose the ability to play Xbox games. You can switch back and forth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bill Loguidice said:

You don't lose the ability to play Xbox games. You can switch back and forth.

I'm kinda curious how difficult it would be to add support for a retrode and basically make a Polymega.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got an update from Walmart alerting me of a delay in the PolyMega.. I wanted to share it here just in case anyone who may preorder one from Walmart.

 

Unfortunately the delay lends itself to the narrative that others have spoken about in this thread about the company perhaps having issues...

 

Again I am not worried as I went through Walmart but honestly I am rooting for this to come out and for me to use it..

 

-=-=-=-

 

Hello (Name removed by me),

We wanted to let you know that your preorder item release date has changed. The updated release date is Wed, Mar 31.

Please review your order details below.

We're sorry if this date change is an inconvenience. The product manufacturer controls the release date for this product and we'll ship it to you as quickly as we can once it's released.

 

... etc (order number and order details)

 

-=-=-=-==-=

 

Just wanted to give everyone here an update if they cared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, imstarryeyed said:

I just got an update from Walmart alerting me of a delay in the PolyMega.. I wanted to share it here just in case anyone who may preorder one from Walmart.

 

Unfortunately the delay lends itself to the narrative that others have spoken about in this thread about the company perhaps having issues...

 

Again I am not worried as I went through Walmart but honestly I am rooting for this to come out and for me to use it..

 

-=-=-=-

 

Hello (Name removed by me),

We wanted to let you know that your preorder item release date has changed. The updated release date is Wed, Mar 31.

Please review your order details below.

We're sorry if this date change is an inconvenience. The product manufacturer controls the release date for this product and we'll ship it to you as quickly as we can once it's released.

 

... etc (order number and order details)

 

-=-=-=-==-=

 

Just wanted to give everyone here an update if they cared.

Thanks.  No quibble if you really want this thing, I hope you get it.  
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, godslabrat said:

Thanks.  No quibble if you really want this thing, I hope you get it.  
 

 

Honestly, I am glad and appreciate your insights and thoughts on this product, it has been a troubled / cursed implementation.   Yes while I may want something like this, your points cannot be ignored and are thoughtfully written with solid logic.  I wanted to update and will continue to update the thread as whether good or bad news, I wanted to anyone here to know the latest as I may be the only person on our board here that has preordered it.  

 

The company has done a terrible job of communicating no doubt about that.

 

 

Edited by imstarryeyed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any word on this being sold in brick and mortar stores? I'd love to get one when it comes out, but I don't want to mess with the nightmare that is present day shipping. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2020 at 12:31 PM, Agillig said:

Any word on this being sold in brick and mortar stores? I'd love to get one when it comes out, but I don't want to mess with the nightmare that is present day shipping. 

Last I heard, you could either order from Polymega themselves, or another online retailer, but no one has committed to stocking it in B&M stores.

 

Even giving this project an unhealthy dose of optimism, I think you'll see covid shipping issues go away long before Polymega is available at your local McGameShop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if you are in the USA the only place to order it is Walmart.com. I ordered mine from there and in my opinion a good option for preorder since there is no danger in you losing out from Walmart if the product never makes it for some reason.

 

I was never comfortable ordering directly from Polymega when it was offered even though it was a discount at that time.

 

In any case I am keeping up with it and if I hear any updates from Walmart that are being shared with me, I am sharing them here, good or bad.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2021 at 2:15 PM, godslabrat said:

Last I heard, you could either order from Polymega themselves, or another online retailer, but no one has committed to stocking it in B&M stores.

 

Even giving this project an unhealthy dose of optimism, I think you'll see covid shipping issues go away long before Polymega is available at your local McGameShop.

That's too bad, because I could see this being an impulse buy for some people, especially if they knocked 100 bucks off.  I've got a fair amount of Saturn and PS1 games that I'd play if I didn't have to dig the systems out.  But the communication has been terrible about this thing.  This system seemed amazing to me when I first heard about it.   Since then, other products have come out that made this not the Holy Grail it used to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suspicious development:

https://www.retrorgb.com/cancel-your-polymega-walmart-orders.html

 

This is just my speculation, but to me it feels like polymega needs the money from these preorders to meet prior obligations. I suspect Walmart will not release to polymega, preorder funds until the products are ready to ship or at least sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cosmic Owl said:

Suspicious development:

https://www.retrorgb.com/cancel-your-polymega-walmart-orders.html

 

This is just my speculation, but to me it feels like polymega needs the money from these preorders to meet prior obligations. I suspect Walmart will not release to polymega, preorder funds until the products are ready to ship or at least sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

TLDR: Polymega is asking exisiting pre-order customers to cancel Walmart orders and re-order Polymega directly through them.  This includes a price hike of $50 and no clear benefit to the consumer.

 

I agree with Cosmic Owl... Polymega likely NEEDS the money to fund the production and has no way to get it otherwise.  I suppose the Angel Investors, assuming they ever existed, have decided not to foot the bill anymore.  It seems like a REALLY REALLY BAD IDEA to be encouraging customers to not use the retailer of their choice, especially when being on Walmart.com was a source of bragging rights for Polymega for so long. 

 

Also, as a rule, small businesses shouldn't try to pick fights with Wal-Mart.  The chances of it ending well for them are very not good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to add to this.. I just got off the online chat with Walmart.com  about my order.  Now take this with a grain of salt, as the support person only knows so much, but to the best of their knowledge after checking on the order they are on track to deliver in March and have been given no directive to cancel orders or even say their are any problems.

 

I have not cancelled my order on Walmart as I am interested to see how this may turn out in a few weeks and see what happens.

 

I will continue to keep this thread updated as I hear from my order and walmart's developments.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, imstarryeyed said:

Just to add to this.. I just got off the online chat with Walmart.com  about my order.  Now take this with a grain of salt, as the support person only knows so much, but to the best of their knowledge after checking on the order they are on track to deliver in March and have been given no directive to cancel orders or even say their are any problems.

 

I have not cancelled my order on Walmart as I am interested to see how this may turn out in a few weeks and see what happens.

 

I will continue to keep this thread updated as I hear from my order and walmart's developments.

 

Of course a frontline agent knows nothing.  Not only are they usually the last to know about such developments in their own company, there's no way they'd have insider info on what's going on with an outside company.

 

That said, if you think it's in your best interest to keep your pre-order, wal-mart is your best bet.  If this project goes south, you can count on Wal-mart to give you a refund.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dafuq?

I guess they thought they can not gain anything from being sold at Walmart? 

And yes it is weird when a company asks you to cancel your order with a reputable distributor to instead reorder directly from them ... aside the fact they get to keep more of the money (cut out the middleman etc....) assuming they know how to ship/distribute it cheaply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, cybercylon said:

Seems like one can cancel their Walmart order and order through Polymega's site with a coupon code to knock off that extra $50.

 

https://www.retrorgb.com/cancel-your-polymega-walmart-orders.html

It sounds like you’re risking losing the whole kit and caboodle if they can’t pull it out of the fire, which is looking increasingly likely. I don’t think they are trying to cheat people, but these are clearly people whose optimism is not accented with reality.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To make any kind of money, the may have needed to cut out the middleman.

 

I hope the people that paid for one, get what they want, but it is also possible the best case scenario is that people get refunds and all that is out there is are the beta units in the hands of reviewers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2020 at 9:17 AM, godslabrat said:


 

Pat and Ian, the guys who went out of their way to be neutral and fair to polymega, are calling it out now.  TLDR, it's a mismanaged project that has outlived its relevance before it even got released.

I guess the Amico just wasn't enough for them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...