IGNORED

FS: Atari Pro CX-1000 Arcade Joysticks! Atari 7800/2600/C64/SMS

Wyluli Wolf

Having had a couple of play sessions with my Pitfall, I'm quite happy with it. Never having personally owned 2600 Pitfall!, it didn't seem right to get the stick without the cart, so I picked up a copy of Pitfall! 'blue' on Ebay, and the game arrived on the same day as the joystick. Response of both stick and buttons is excellent. I could comfortably prop the case on my lap while playing Pitfall! on the couch. The cord is ~5 feet long, and I'm using an extension that makes it just about perfect for my setup.

Xevious 7800 feels absolutely perfect with this joystick. I can easily tap the fire button with my index and middle finger much faster than the game will use input, while effortlessly dropping bombs between targets with my ring finger. After a couple of rounds I found that I needed to jam the case between my knees in order to keep it stable once I was in the groove(at which point I tend to unconsciously use excessive force, regardless of stick size or construction,) but that wasn't a big issue, nor did it cause discomfort for me with this stick.

The paint job, though not absolutely perfect, is beautiful. Construction is fine. The components used are excellent. My initial impression is that I would give the stick an 8 out 10. It comes very close to a 9. I definitely don't regret my purchase.

Thanks Wyluli Wolf.

The better response of this joystick also inspired me to tune my frankensteined twin stick Saitek Megamaster VI(modified for use with PC and Atari.) I reduced the required stick travel and the spring tension(although I really need a finer spring) on both sticks for quicker response and less fatigue.

Edited by fluxit

Having had a couple of play sessions with my Pitfall, I'm quite happy with it. Never having personally owned 2600 Pitfall!, it didn't seem right to get the stick without the cart, so I picked up a copy of Pitfall! 'blue' on Ebay, and the game arrived on the same day as the joystick. Response of both stick and buttons is excellent. I could comfortably prop the case on my lap while playing Pitfall! on the couch. The cord is ~5 feet long, and I'm using an extension that makes it just about perfect for my setup.

Xevious 7800 feels absolutely perfect with this joystick. I can easily tap the fire button with my index and middle finger much faster than the game will use input, while effortlessly dropping bombs between targets with my ring finger. After a couple of rounds I found that I needed to jam the case between my knees in order to keep it stable once I was in the groove(at which point I tend to unconsciously use excessive force, regardless of stick size or construction,) but that wasn't a big issue, nor did it cause discomfort for me with this stick.

The paint job, though not absolutely perfect, is beautiful. Construction is fine. The components used are excellent. My initial impression is that I would give the stick an 8 out 10. It comes very close to a 9. I definitely don't regret my purchase.

Thanks Wyluli Wolf.

The better response of this joystick also inspired me to tune my frankensteined twin stick Saitek Megamaster VI(modified for use with PC and Atari.) I reduced the required stick travel and the spring tension(although I really need a finer spring) on both sticks for quicker response and less fatigue.

Thank you for the review. I'm glad you like it! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will be unable to take/make anymore joystick orders until June 3rd.

I do have one standard black edition, one standard white edition and a Pitfall with yellow buttons ready to ship. If interested in any of these 3 send a PM before the 26th and I can get one shipped.

Thank you to those who have placed orders thus far.

I shall post again upon my return!

:waving:

Edited by Wyluli Wolf

• 2 weeks later...

Would you consider selling a kit? I enjoy painting and assembling things myself, but I HATE sourcing and buying parts, so a kit would be great.

It's an interesting thought. It would not save much money doing it yourself but the "fun" of customizing it yourself may be more of what you are after. It might be doable but you would have to provide your own wire/solder. PM me. Let me know which design you are interested in building and I'll see what parts and numbers I can come up with for you.

*****Crunched some numbers and looks like I could sell a kit for the Atari Joystick for $55 + shipping.

This would include pre-drilling holes in the box if desired and stripping/testing/labeling the cable for easy install.****

Edited by Wyluli Wolf

So the 2 button joystick uses 2 independent fire buttons for the 7800? Can they be custom as to what order button 1 and button 2 are? Also, do you get more demand for the left handed joysticks? I prefer a 2 button right handed joystick.

So the 2 button joystick uses 2 independent fire buttons for the 7800? Can they be custom as to what order button 1 and button 2 are? Also, do you get more demand for the left handed joysticks? I prefer a 2 button right handed joystick.

The button's could be reversed if one desired. Here is how they are normally ordered:

buttonorder.jpg

Left handed seems to be the most popular but I have had a few orders for right handed sticks.