IGNORED

IndusGT - looking for firmware v1.2

3atariSTE

Hello all

As the object i'm looking for IndusGT firmware version 1.2.

Best Electronics have the ver 1.4..but reading in the forum it seems not be the last or stable version (or i'm wrong?).

Can anyone help me?

If anyone have the ver 1.2 (full working) please let me know the cost.

Thanks in advance

Maurizio

The rom floating around out there marked as v 1.4 is actually version 1.1. Don't use it. it does have its problems.

James

https://atarionline.pl/v01/index.php?ct=utils&sub=9.%20ROM-y&tg=BIOS-y%20-%20stacje%20dysk%C3%B3w#BIOS-y%20-%20stacje%20dysk%C3%B3w

Look for v 1.2. I haven't looked but my indus.hex is V 1.1

Edited by sup8pdct

Hi-

What issue(s) are you trying to address with the rom upgrade? Synchromesh was supposedly improved on V1.2 of the rom and perhaps enhanced density.

Here is a thread about replacing Synchromesh with the US Doubler routines -- i.e. UltraSpeed. Look in particular at post 35.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/115434-new-indus-gt-firmware/

I believe you would find that UltraSpeed is much more widely supported with Atari software and firmware. Hopefully you have access to an eprom burner.

-Larry

This is my version 1.2 i got from original rom.

attachicon.gifindusgt12.rom

James

Hi Larry,

i have two IndusGT for Atari full working.

The first have the firmware ver 1.2, the other ver.1.1 (I read that it is not perfect)

So I'm looking for a EPROM programmed with ver.1.2....do you have a eprom burning?

If yes, please let me know.

Also I contacted Best Electronics for the 1.4 version, but i've a question:

Is the ver.1.4 the last/stable firmware for the IndusGT?

That's all

Thx in advance

The rom floating around out there marked as v 1.4 is actually version 1.1. Don't use it. it does have its problems.

So there actually is no v1.4, or it's just that the version floating around isn't it?

Do you have a checksum for this v1.1 ROM, or is there an easy way to tell by looking at the contents?

I can burn chips if anyone needs. $10 plus shipping.

Hi Tjlazer

If you can burn the right rom version (v1.2) is not a problem for me.

I will buy two Eprom from you.

Let me know the shipping for the Italy.

Or, if you want to come on holiday in Sardinia i will buy 5 or 6 chips. :-D

Maurizio

I will ask the question here since this is the most recent active Indus GT thread.. I have 2 drives.. 1 is 1.2 rom and the other is 1.1 .. I have one drive working fine.. the other will not read.. everything "works" it just wont read.

Anyone reading this good at troubleshooting Indus drives? I have swapped systematically just about every component from the working drive to the non-working drive.. and I have not been able to get it up and running. I am open to ideas.

James

Way to tell rom version is to look at the last 4 bytes right after 'KSB.' of the rom image. (note period = 2E)

In lowbyte high byte format is version number eg 20 01 = 1.2 10 01 = 1.1.

The last 2 bytes is supposed to be checksum excluding those 2 bytes (at least i believe that is the case).

There is another location where version number is kept. In V 1.2 rom, it is at CF5 again in low/high format. V1.1 will be in a different location.

Edit. Just checked V1.1 rom. 2nd Ver num location is in same place at CF5.....

James

Edited by sup8pdct

Way to tell rom version is to look at the last 4 bytes right after 'KSB.' of the rom image. (note period = 2E)

In lowbyte high byte format is version number eg 20 01 = 1.2 10 01 = 1.1.

The last 2 bytes is supposed to be checksum excluding those 2 bytes (at least i believe that is the case).

There is another location where version number is kept. In V 1.2 rom, it is at CF5 again in low/high format. V1.1 will be in a different location.

Edit. Just checked V1.1 rom. 2nd Ver num location is in same place at CF5.....

James

Thanks for the info James.

These technical knowledge should be useful to tjlaser for burning my eproms. :-)

Maurizio

I will ask the question here since this is the most recent active Indus GT thread.. I have 2 drives.. 1 is 1.2 rom and the other is 1.1 .. I have one drive working fine.. the other will not read.. everything "works" it just wont read.

Anyone reading this good at troubleshooting Indus drives? I have swapped systematically just about every component from the working drive to the non-working drive.. and I have not been able to get it up and running. I am open to ideas.

James

Have you swapped the mechanical?

I had a problem in my IndusGT...the drive did not read.

In other hands the head not moving. Step motor defective? NO...the problem was the chip U6 (UDN2541B) fault.

I have replaced it with SN75437 and now, the drive is working perfect. :-)

Edited by 3atariSTE

• 2 weeks later...

Read back through this thread, I made an US Doubler compatible rom upgrade for the Indus drives... If you want the 'Happy' part for copying disks, no... And I don't think it would be too easy...

If you have the RAMCharger board, then you have all hardware necessary. Just write some good Z80 code. The hardware has been there all along. It's a shame that no one took advantage of it.

Also, no need to burn an EPROM, you can use SIO commands to install your custom code in the Indus.

If you have the RAMCharger board, then you have all hardware necessary. Just write some good Z80 code. The hardware has been there all along. It's a shame that no one took advantage of it.

Also, no need to burn an EPROM, you can use SIO commands to install your custom code in the Indus.

Wouldnt that be nice.. but I have never seen the REAL RamCharger.. I have seen homemade versions.. but since I am not a programmer, this would not help me anyway.. so buring the eprom I am :)

BTW all.. I got the 2nd drive working .. it was a bad connection with the front display board.. disconnecting.. the drive worked.. it was the one part I did not swap in the past because I did not think it could effect the drive R/W

James