IGNORED

Dragon's Lair - Homebrew

Denicio

Okay, i am NOT a code guy and NOT creating this game. Watching all you guys post about homebrews and whatnot i thought to myself "I wonder what an Intelly Homebrew of Dragon's Lair might look like"

So i will just leave this here :-)

I know the Intellivision is incapable of giving the arcade proper justice but still love to see and play a version of it if its even possible. Heck, Treasure Of Tarmin was the 1st of its kind (i think) so anything's possible....right?

Okay day dream over and back to work....

D

Yeah, really. The appeal of the original was the cartoon graphics (certainly it was not the lame "quicktime-event" action).

It reminds me of Marble Madness, another very popular arcade game which relied on graphics and great physics simulations and controls. When ported to 8-bit micros, it seems like a weird isometric version of Pac-Man, and it was mostly awkward to play.

• Like 2

Always thought these were pretty neat... Play pixel perfect versions of the games on your regular DVD player:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragons-Lair-20th-Anniversary-DVD-Set-SEALED-NEW-/142260462052?hash=item211f6261e4:g:PHsAAOSwNphWZzYt

Thats pretty cool! Thanks. I sucked at the arcade version of it. Damn cabinet kept eating my quarters!!!!

Anyone have it on Wii? Been meaning to get it....

Dragon's Lair Trilogy

http://m.gamestop.com/product/wii/games/dragons-lair-trilogy/84045

$35 for a used, beat up example? No thanks. For $30, you can get this:

post-13896-0-22349900-1486224915_thumb.jpg

Can even skip the game part and just watch the entire thing play out like a movie.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragon-039-s-Lair-20th-Anniversary-DVD-Set-SEALED-NEW-/142267848522?

The DVD copy really is not the best way to play the game. The moves and timings are not right.

However, if you get that DVD set with Dragon's Lair 1 and 2 and Space Ace, you can rip the video to use with the Daphne emulator. That gives a much more faithful result.

There was a remastered HD blu ray edition which looks great. But again the gameplay isn't faithful.

- James