IGNORED

100% CPU on El Cap?

tuf

With "Software Handshake" RespeQt is in a loop trying to read commands from the ATARI.

This is causing 100% CPU load under OSX and Linux.

I fixed the issue. Now the load is about 6% CPU on my MiniMac when in IDLE state.

Since there was no release for a long time (new features were only shared here in forum), this time I uploaded the binaries to a Github (pre-release of the r4).

https://github.com/TheMontezuma/RespeQt/releases/tag/r4

• Like 2

Also wanted to note that the program no longer crashes on exit as it did with the last release. Appreciate that fix as well.

Wanted to confirm once more that with the SIO2BT set to 56k (using the btcfg program) and RespeQt set to handshake using SIO2BT that the speed will report at 19.2k and this is normal. I've tested with RWTEST and I seem to be getting roughly the same speeds as FJC so I'm fairly certain I've got it set up right.

Thanks.

I haven't changed anything in the RespeQt code which may repair crash on exit :)

Perhaps the problem was fixed in the Qt framework (I used 5.7 for building the binaries).

Regarding the baudrate - this value (as shown in RespeQt) has no influence on the behaviour of virtual serial ports for Bluetooth devices.

You can configure such virtual serial port on a PC to any baudrate - but whenever you read or write over the air, the full BT bandwidth is used.

The baudrate is "throttled" in the BT transceiver, that's why you use btcfg tool to configure it for 57600 or for 19200.

However there is no way to query the "real" baudrate on the PC.

Edited by TheMontezuma