IGNORED

The rarest game for the SEGA 32X is being re-launched in Brazil

edsongodoy

I received mine yesterday. My box has a 4 inch white tear across the top. How do we get replacements?

I've been told that this happens on some packages from SA. Something to do with random drug checks or something? I've heard of people ordering NIB 2600 titles from Venezuela etc that this has happened to? Mine arrived just fine so I don't need a replacement box for either of my two items that came. Still curious what the issue was with the soundtrack CD that TrekMD mentioned? Maybe I should pop the CD into my SegaCD or console system instead of playing from my computer?

I've been told that this happens on some packages from SA. Something to do with random drug checks or something? I've heard of people ordering NIB 2600 titles from Venezuela etc that this has happened to? Mine arrived just fine so I don't need a replacement box for either of my two items that came. Still curious what the issue was with the soundtrack CD that TrekMD mentioned? Maybe I should pop the CD into my SegaCD or console system instead of playing from my computer?

The issue I'm having with the CD is that it doesn't play all the tracks that are listed on the track list. There are supposed to be 20 tracks but my CD will not play beyond track 14 on my computer. Haven't tried it on a regular CD player yet or the Sega CD itself. Are you able to listen to all 20 tracks?

No sadly this wasn't customs, this is a flaw with how the box was made.

I just read an email from the seller "In our commitment to this release, we want that everything goes perfect. That’s why we are contacting you guys today. We’ve detected a minor flaw in the upper portion of the box, that may cause it a tear on it. We’ve worked on a solution and will send for free a new box to all of you that had a box with that tear on it."

So it sounds like they are shipping new boxes to all.

No sadly this wasn't customs, this is a flaw with how the box was made.

I just read an email from the seller "In our commitment to this release, we want that everything goes perfect. That’s why we are contacting you guys today. We’ve detected a minor flaw in the upper portion of the box, that may cause it a tear on it. We’ve worked on a solution and will send for free a new box to all of you that had a box with that tear on it."

So it sounds like they are shipping new boxes to all.

Hmm..I have to assume I'm not affected by this as I've not received any email like this. Also both of the boxes that my stuff came in (32x Surgical Strike, and Streets of Rage OST CD) arrived in excellent condition. I was surprised at the lack of packing material though as they were essentially just tossed in together into a box. But they arrived to the Ivory Tower just fine.

The issue I'm having with the CD is that it doesn't play all the tracks that are listed on the track list. There are supposed to be 20 tracks but my CD will not play beyond track 14 on my computer. Haven't tried it on a regular CD player yet or the Sega CD itself. Are you able to listen to all 20 tracks?

Holy crap! I hadn't even noticed this. According to my computer there are only 14 tracks burned on the disc. So this is why you can't play past track 14, because that is all the tracks that exists on the CD. So this is either correct and it is a labeling error on the case regarding 20 tracks, or they didn't burn all the tracks to these pressed CDs. Wow..I simply hadn't noticed it until I actually looked at the case track lists and compared to what my PC can actually read on it.

Update= Yeap, I just analyzed it with ImgBurn and there is only one session on the CD and after track 14 is the Lead out written to it. So..they didn't burn any additional tracks past 14. Wonder if this is a case of additional tracks getting added to the master late in the game and that master not getting to the pressing house in time?

I've received no emails about any of this so I wasn't aware. Did you get a reply in regards to this on the bonus soundtrack CD?

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

Holy crap! I hadn't even noticed this. According to my computer there are only 14 tracks burned on the disc. So this is why you can't play past track 14, because that is all the tracks that exists on the CD. So this is either correct and it is a labeling error on the case regarding 20 tracks, or they didn't burn all the tracks to these pressed CDs. Wow..I simply hadn't noticed it until I actually looked at the case track lists and compared to what my PC can actually read on it.

Update= Yeap, I just analyzed it with ImgBurn and there is only one session on the CD and after track 14 is the Lead out written to it. So..they didn't burn any additional tracks past 14. Wonder if this is a case of additional tracks getting added to the master late in the game and that master not getting to the pressing house in time?

I've received no emails about any of this so I wasn't aware. Did you get a reply in regards to this on the bonus soundtrack CD?

No I haven't

No I haven't received anything about the soundtrack cd, I'll pop mine in to see how many tracks I can see.

Here is the entire email I received, I blocked the guys name. Seems to want to make it right.

==========================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

Hello 32X fans!
We would like to inform you that all the Surgical Strike 32XCD pre-orders were sent last week. All the Brazilian buyers and some of the international buyers had already got the game and the others should receive it soon.
In our commitment to this release, we want that everything goes perfect. That’s why we are contacting you guys today. We’ve detected a minor flaw in the upper portion of the box, that may cause it a tear on it. We’ve worked on a solution and will send for free a new box to all of you that had a box with that tear on it.
So, if you want a new box, just let us know.
Best regards
XXXX
VGDB
XXXXX
rwsBox

Ah, so I'm not the inly one having the same CD issue. There seems to be a problem with the discs then. My CD drive on the computer actually spits the disc out when it tries to play track 15. The regular CD player simply skips to track 1 again. I've yet to hear back a reply from the email I sent.

Ah, so I'm not the inly one having the same CD issue. There seems to be a problem with the discs then. My CD drive on the computer actually spits the disc out when it tries to play track 15. The regular CD player simply skips to track 1 again. I've yet to hear back a reply from the email I sent.

Interesting? So you see more tracks on the actual disc? In my CD drive it literally only shows 14 tracks of audio and only one session on the entire disc. After track 14 it shows the lead out write that was done on the disc. So mine appears to only have been burned with 14 actual tracks. I may have to put it into the SegaCD or something to see if they show more.

Unless these audio tracks are doubled up, there is a problem with the audio disc. Or it just doesn't match the description on the back of the box. There are only 14 titles. I tried them in two different laptops. One has Nero and shows 14 tracks prior to ripping. Itunes shows 14. I made an ISO and retried and same result. No hidden data for the 32x to read etc. I don't think these audio cds were checked prior to stamping. Shame they look really good. Hopefully it is just something we are missing, or another box can be sent out reflecting the correct tracks.

No, it doesn't show a track 15 for me on the computer, it just tries to read beyond 14 and the the computer spits out the disc. Must be the way the disc was burned. On the CD player I only see 14 tracks and it cycles back to number 1. So, the list of tracks may be incorrect and shows more tracks than what actually are supposed to be there or the discs are missing tracks. Hopefully we'll get an answer.

No, it doesn't show a track 15 for me on the computer, it just tries to read beyond 14 and the the computer spits out the disc. Must be the way the disc was burned. On the CD player I only see 14 tracks and it cycles back to number 1. So, the list of tracks may be incorrect and shows more tracks than what actually are supposed to be there or the discs are missing tracks. Hopefully we'll get an answer.

So I'm going to be that "guy" about this. My opinion is that honestly we don't require an explanation. Why? Because we didn't even know we were getting these OSTs with Surgical Strike 32x in the first place. So for me whether these were known to be mislabeled and that is why they were provided with our orders for free, or whatever, I'm not going to make any deal of it at all and just accept it for what it is. It would be like complaining about a free toy you received in a combo meal because it has some slight defect or is missing its stickers but otherwise is fine. Only in this case, you didn't even know your combo meal came with a toy. So yeah... I'm just adding it to my video game OST shelf with the others I've collected over the years and call it good. Besides, do you honestly thing this audio CD has official blessings from any of the rights holders in the first place? Just saying...

So I'm going to be that "guy" about this. My opinion is that honestly we don't require an explanation. Why? Because we didn't even know we were getting these OSTs with Surgical Strike 32x in the first place. So for me whether these were known to be mislabeled and that is why they were provided with our orders for free, or whatever, I'm not going to make any deal of it at all and just accept it for what it is. It would be like complaining about a free toy you received in a combo meal because it has some slight defect or is missing its stickers but otherwise is fine. Only in this case, you didn't even know your combo meal came with a toy. So yeah... I'm just adding it to my video game OST shelf with the others I've collected over the years and call it good. Besides, do you honestly thing this audio CD has official blessings from any of the rights holders in the first place? Just saying...

Not really an issue for me, I just feel bad for the guy that paid enough and got a large enough order together to have all of these cds professionally stamped, and then screwed up the box.

Not really an issue for me, I just feel bad for the guy that paid enough and got a large enough order together to have all of these cds professionally stamped, and then screwed up the box.

That is kinda my point. Perhaps these were known to not be correct and that is why we got them? Could be these were for another project and they found it a good idea to rid themselves of these possibly bad pressed CDs that didn't contain all the audio tracks by just putting them in with our orders?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys!

Sorry for the slow response...

About the problem we've detected on the box, we will send (probably until the end of this week) a new box to everybody that made the purchase as a pre-order. All games that were shipped after that was already with the correct box.

About the bonus music CD, we didn't know of that issue. It was in fact another project that rwsBox was conducting but then they realized that audio cd's are not "kicking" with the brazilian public anymore. So, they gently accepted to offer those soundtracks as a bonus to everybody that made the pre-order. Plus, the pre-order price was better then the price that we are selling now. Issues with the shipping fees made the price raise a bit, unfortunately. We belive that the biggest problem was in the description at the box. You can even notice that it has two different track description: one in the outside box and the other one in the jewel case. I wish i could make more of those cd's and send you guys a replacement together with the new Surgical Strike box, but unfortunately that is not possible for us. We hope you guys can understand that.

Edited by edsongodoy
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...