IGNORED

Collector's and Classic Editions - BRAND NEW games

Duddie

SALE! Collector's Edition, last pieces left. Whole set of 10 titles on tapes - 75 USD only, it is much lower than production cost. Diskettes - 10 USD per title, but not all are available, some are out of stock. Last chance to buy them cheaply!

• 2 weeks later...

SALE! Collector's Edition, last pieces left. Whole set of 10 titles on tapes - 75 USD only, it is much lower than production cost. Diskettes - 10 USD per title, but not all are available, some are out of stock. Last chance to buy them cheaply!

"Whole set of 10 titles on tape - 75 USD only" Are these the new 10 (tapes 21-30) with Trix and Special forces? I thought the Collector's Edition had 20 tapes + 10 new ones. Could you clarify? Thanks!

I am also confused by the packaging. Description and some pictures show tapes coming only with small plastic case and cassette, but others show tape in larger box with large map. How will the cassette sets arrive? Thank you.

Collector's Edition consists only of 10 titles (1-10). Others have been released in jewel boxes as a Classic Edition.

Now, my plans are to continue Classic Edition for up to 100 or more titles (tapes), and new Collector's Edition as a disk version in bigger jewel boxes, with maps included. Photo comparing both attached.

post-37739-0-99705800-1506927229_thumb.jpg

Bumping this thread. It may not be clear, but the Retronics releases are vital because of the packaging. Each of the titles has, as a pack-in, large gaming maps, which means that you won't have to have pieces of paper with cryptic handwriting scattered around you while you play. They're large and colourful and extremely well made, and the quality of the rest of the packaging materials let you know that this is a 'premium' release. In addition, Operation Blood comes on a red floppy.

Having played all the games, I can say that Klatwa and Władcy ciemności do not play well on NTSC machines. I haven't had a problem with the rest of the "Collector's Edition" games, although I do get a very occasional (and minor) graphic glitch with Hans Kloss. I'm not sure if this is an issue with PAL computers as well.

Must haves, and the best of Atari gaming in general: Miecze Valdgira, Operation Blood, Hans Kloss, Fred, and Kult.

New titles in Classic tape versions will be ready in 2 weeks. Also Classic disk versions may be available if there is any interest.

Any word on how games 11-30 (classic edition on tape) work on NTSC machines?

Thanks to all, who have placed orders!

BTW: new license purchased: Krysal Software company and its famous games f.e. Najemnik will be released!

Just out of curiosity, does the license allow you to distribute turbo tapes, or is it just the same with other licenses - release as is ?

• Like 1

@Swami: let me check. I will be back with information.

@IndusGT: Rockman is on my list and is being prepared.

@baktra: there are two problems: first - I should remove copy protection schemes, what may cause some problems with the game itself, if done improperly. Second - which turbo system should I choose? There are many.

@baktra: there are two problems: first - I should remove copy protection schemes, what may cause some problems with the game itself, if done improperly. Second - which turbo system should I choose? There are many.

Omicron Turbo, of course :-). But seriously, I understand what the problem is with the copy protection. You don't want to cripple the games by removing it. Anyway, the point here is to get a true original game in a top quality package.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

New collector's edition is nearly ready. First title (preproduction sample) is shown. It is very famous Robbo game. I am going to release all 40 titles soon, later up to 100 or more. Price will be smaller than previous big-box edition.

post-37739-0-43040700-1518703145_thumb.jpg

post-37739-0-02003100-1518703168_thumb.jpg

post-37739-0-04619200-1518703191_thumb.jpg

post-37739-0-32858400-1518703214_thumb.jpg

post-37739-0-23654000-1518703241_thumb.jpg

• Like 1