IGNORED

Converting Atarimax ATR to ROM

tjlazer

wouldn't this do it?

http://www.wudsn.com/index.php/productions-atari800/tools/atarirommaker

or for other manipulations

http://www.wudsn.com/productions/atari800/thecartstudio/help/TheCartStudio.html

give em a try and let us know what you do and how it works out...

Edited by _The Doctor__

I'd like to convert some of the downloaded Atarimax flash cartsmax max flash carts but some are just the ATR to flash. I want to make the ROM for use with my Ultimate cart. Anybody know of a way to do it?

post-10165-0-41407900-1486431039_thumb.png

Basically you need to strip the first AtariMax data from the ATR and the make the car file header for it with another ROM2CAR programs..

Everything from 0 byte to $98F byte needs to be cut off.

• Like 1

I'd like to convert some of the downloaded Atarimax flash cartsmax max flash carts but some are just the ATR to flash. I want to make the ROM for use with my Ultimate cart. Anybody know of a way to do it?

You could use Altirra to simulate flashing an Atarimax cartridge then save the cartridge's firmware to disk. This will give you a usable ROM image.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Basically you need to strip the first AtariMax data from the ATR and the make the car file header for it with another ROM2CAR programs..

Everything from 0 byte to $98F byte needs to be cut off.

Tried this and it cuts it down to 128k but it won't recognize it as a valid ROM file, even with the rom2car program. I am using this one:

RomToCar.html

• Like 1

Tried this and it cuts it down to 128k but it won't recognize it as a valid ROM file, even with the rom2car program. I am using this one:

RomToCar.html

Get the Cart Studio and drop them into the opened programs set work book name and then save and you should get a folder with the name of your work book. And inside of that folder should be all the Maxflash ATRs that you dropped into the program turned into valid car files ready for reuse in the Ultimate Cart or the Uno-cart or to play with and emulator..

This is a Java language creation by JAC and you will need to have the latest Java installed on your PC.

As A8isa1 says, just use Altirra, in the file menu use the attach special cartridge of the size needed, boot the ATR, follow the small steps and if you don't like the wait hit F1 to speed up the simulated flash..Afterthat save firmware from the file menu and I always forget if its cart with header or raw, pretty sure its raw you use for cart type, anyway, if you try the wrong one it won't let you do it so its ok, tada...There's your rom, no editing needed..

• Like 1

Get the Cart Studio and drop them into the opened programs set work book name and then save and you should get a folder with the name of your work book. And inside of that folder should be all the Maxflash ATRs that you dropped into the program turned into valid car files ready for reuse in the Ultimate Cart or the Uno-cart or to play with and emulator..

This is a Java language creation by JAC and you will need to have the latest Java installed on your PC.

ok seems to be working with some, but with some it does not work.

Thanks,

10... I still don't like having the whole put it in a header deal.... even thought that's what we have to do...

20... the plus three extender could list the type and then anybody could rename it and have it work...

30... and better yet they would know the banking scheme a glance... I said this when the whole thing was coming about....

40... the files are all .rom .xex etc. why not .W64 or .R16 etc. but what is W64? williams 64k... it just made more sense to me

50... sure the header makes it so you can plink it in an emulator with ease and to some degree call it what you like...

60... but we are still all converting using this method/utility or that method/program/emu and saving it...

70... making more and more images of the the same game with crap preppended or appended to the image and then you are stuck stripping them off or putting it on a rom etc etc etc....

80... I guess .car is a misnomer since you really can't use it as a car at all,,,

90... maybe I would have been happier if it were .CID for Cartridge IDentification format....

100..then it would be a more correct extension name.... and not such a buggle... explaining over and over that .car is not really cartridge that can be used directly to a prom//eprom flash is driving me nuts, regular folks just don't get it... and with the simple reasons outlined it seem to all be in the extender name...

110..How comes I can use the cartridge file to make a cartridge, how comes the car file does work when I use......but but but ... then I am explaining it is the cartridge plus a header again.... then I get the whole that's stupid why name is car for cartridge crap again should I just point back to the first of this post and make it the endless loop that it is?

120.. GOTO 10

Exactly what I said would happen is happening..... grrr.... sometimes I hate it when I turn out to be correct

Edited by _The Doctor__