IGNORED

I must be using cas2wav wrong...

Witchboard

Hi all. I'm trying to convert some cas files to wav so I can load them via my 410 over a Bluetooth cassette. All the cas files I've tried to convert just sound like high pitched screeching. It doesn't sound like the whistling and record tones I'm used to hearing. I'm using the command line version of cas2wav. Is there a newer version or a better application for converting them? Wav, mp3, flac, it doesn't really matter to me as long as I can create an audio file from the cas image. Thanks.

• Like 1

Hello,

The cas2wav is outdated. There is a modern successor - a8cas.

Also, I do not know where you get your .cas files, but lot of them around are simply broken. My recommendation is to get a working .xex file of the desired program and converting it with xex2cas or Turgen System to create a fresh .cas file (or WAV directly).

Also check if your usage of the bluetooth cassette is correct. If you just listen to the .wav file on your PC, it should sound like screeching and nothing else.

It is the atari computer that beeps when a block is successfully loaded.

Hi all. I'm trying to convert some cas files to wav so I can load them via my 410 over a Bluetooth cassette. All the cas files I've tried to convert just sound like high pitched screeching. It doesn't sound like the whistling and record tones I'm used to hearing. I'm using the command line version of cas2wav. Is there a newer version or a better application for converting them? Wav, mp3, flac, it doesn't really matter to me as long as I can create an audio file from the cas image. Thanks.

I didn't even know Bluetooth cassette adapters existed.

I'm glad you got it all working!

I didn't even know Bluetooth cassette adapters existed.

It's actually pretty cool. Once you get it paired up, it automatically turns on and links to my phone when I press play on the recorder. When I press stop on the recorder, it automatically turns off. I bought it used from Amazon so it ran around $12. All my belts are shot and the pinch roller has dried and shrunk so it seemed the most economical way to get my 410 up and going again.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I3YLHAC

Edited by Witchboard

A neat cassette adapter, although It seems that it also cannot pause/resume playback when the Atari computer turns the data recorder's motor on/off.

This is a function I miss the most. Of course, I can imagine that it would be difficult and expensive to manufacture.

How does it work with a Windows or macOS? Is the device seen as another sound card?

The cassette adapter? I playback the CAS converted audio file on my phone via Bluetooth to the cassette.

I understand that. I was just wondering if the cassette adapter could be connected also to a Laptop with Windows or macOS. I believe that the cassette adapter will appear as another audio device.

I understand that. I was just wondering if the cassette adapter could be connected also to a Laptop with Windows or macOS. I believe that the cassette adapter will appear as another audio device.

I would agree and presume it would appear in the OS as a second audio device.