IGNORED

New power supplies for the ColecoVision?

PkK

SNIP... Now one could hardware an optional external on/off switch with 3 prong power cord outlet but then one would need to mount the power supply in a special case. If they would just make one a little bit more expensive with a built in on/off switch and AC power cord socket then that would be ideal.

They are industrial power supplies designed to mount in an enclosure with other components. That is why they are semi-open frame.

It wouldn't take much to mount it in a vented enclosure and put a switch on it...

Okay, great, thanks for your opinions.

I've sent the PCB data to multiple production facilities to get the best price.

Once I know it, I'll setup the preorder page - and then we're off to go.

BTW: If you happen to visit the GamesCom in Cologne this year: I'll be there and have the adapter with me :)

I am so looking forward to this adapter that I've been holding off getting any new ColecoVision games. I have about 40 games already but there's about another 10 that I would like. Is there some sort of waiting list or reserve page I can sign up with?

I got one of those Germen ones off Ebay and it works fine. UL approved as well.

The advantage of the original UL listed ColecoVision power supply from Coleco is that there is no adapter plug involved since its built in. I see the one being sold in Germany uses a DIN style power supply that plugs into a custom made 4 pin adapter plug. While the power supply might be UL approved the adapter plug might not be. The advantage of the ColecoVision USB style power converter adapter that is scheduled to be released soon, is that one can use just about any brand and model of USB power supply including UL listed models. While the USB adapter plug power converter well not not be UL listed (UL is a optional saftey certification in the United States and is not required). The USB adapter plug power converter is suppose to have a official FCC approval which is required on all or most electronic devices imported to the USA or manufactured in the United States. Also the USB adapter plug power converter well be CE approved which is a safety certification for Europe.

Edited by HDTV1080P

• 2 weeks later...

Soon. I'm waiting for the quotation from different companies.

BTW: we have the adapter running here at GamesCom exhibition since Tuesday from 9am to 8pm without a break.

Works perfect :D

This is good news, I'm keen to find out a price for this! Will possibly order a few at a time if the price allows :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As the production has been started, preordering has now also started!

As soon as I get an exact date from the production facility, I'll let you know - but it should be around December 2018.

Price is around 35 EUR (without VAT), but you can get a discount ordering 2 - 4 and an even higher discount if you order 5 or more.

You can preorder here:

https://www.dragonbox.de/en/703-colecoplug-usb-power-supply-for-the-colecovision-preorder-ac-adaptors.html

You're welcome the share the word, of course :)

• Like 1

I got your email notification today that they were in stock so I went to order one, but the shipping to Canada was going to be $52 CAD ($40.79 USD)! :-( Do you have any Canadian or US distributors?

As the production has been started, preordering has now also started!

As soon as I get an exact date from the production facility, I'll let you know - but it should be around December 2018.

Price is around 35 EUR (without VAT), but you can get a discount ordering 2 - 4 and an even higher discount if you order 5 or more.

You can preorder here:

https://www.dragonbox.de/en/703-colecoplug-usb-power-supply-for-the-colecovision-preorder-ac-adaptors.html

You're welcome the share the word, of course icon_smile.gif

• Like 1