IGNORED

New power supplies for the ColecoVision?

PkK

I got your email notification today that they were in stock so I went to order one, but the shipping to Canada was going to be $52 CAD ($40.79 USD)! :-( Do you have any Canadian or US distributors?

I'm also getting similar results. Limiting shipping to FedEx and UPS is a bad idea for international shipping - much better to offer Deutsche Post. Apart from the high shipping cost, courier companies such as FedEx and UPS are well know for ripping people off with brokerage fees which can often be as much as, and sometimes more than, the cost of the item purchased. The lower cost FedEx service that is offered clearly falls into this category and would mean that purchasing just one of these adapters would cost me around CA$53 (adapter) + CA$53 (shipping) + ~CA$20 (brokerage) = CA$125 minimum and excluding sales tax. Sorry, but that is just plain crazy and no way I'd spend that for one of these adapters despite how much I'd like to buy them.

I really think you need a North American distributor for these.

In fact, I'm sure that using Deutsche post and only charging the actual shipping cost would be the solution.

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Like 2

BTW: In case anyone who ordered only had expensive shipping services available: I now also added untracked shipping via postal mail. This is slower, but a lot cheaper (it does cost 3,70 EUR worldwide!)

Let me know if you'd like to switch to the cheaper shipping costs.

I initially forgot to add that shipping method - that's why it was so expensive for you guys.

Sorry about that!

But of course, any distributors are welcome :D

Edited by EvilDragon17
  • Like 3

BTW: In case anyone who ordered only had expensive shipping services available: I now also added untracked shipping via postal mail. This is slower, but a lot cheaper (it does cost 3,70 EUR worldwide!)

I initially forgot to add that shipping method - that's why it was so expensive for you guys.

Sorry about that!

But of course, any distributors are welcome :D

We chatted a while back briefly about US distribution. I would like to test one first and put it through its paces first before I start selling them, which I'm sure you can understand. :)

As the production has been started, preordering has now also started!

As soon as I get an exact date from the production facility, I'll let you know - but it should be around December 2018.

Price is around 35 EUR (without VAT), but you can get a discount ordering 2 - 4 and an even higher discount if you order 5 or more.

You can preorder here:

https://www.dragonbox.de/en/703-colecoplug-usb-power-supply-for-the-colecovision-preorder-ac-adaptors.html

You're welcome the share the word, of course :)

Are Stone Age Gamer going to carry these?

I just ordered one as well but, alas, it may ultimately prove to be somewhat useless (to me that is) if the ColecoVision Phoenix Kickstarter funds (I am on that list too) http://kck.st/2ynKCVn

Worse case would be to sell your stock CV with the adapter after your Phoenix arrives.

I plan on keeping mine, but it will not get as much use after the Phoenix arrives.

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks so much for adding the extra shipping options! Ordered!!

Sorry about that!

But of course, any distributors are welcome icon_mrgreen.gif

Since they are a business are they going to raise the price ?

I don't the know answer to that specifically. But I would imagine they would buy them in bulk for a lesser price per unit than it would cost the average person to buy just one for themselves.

As an example, I don't know what the McWill LCD kits cost an individual if they purchase directly from McWill + Shipping, but Console5 sells the kits at $119 + shipping. But then I know with the shipping it will be tracked and I will receive it in about 3 days on average.

• Like 1