PkK

New power supplies for the ColecoVision?

Ooooooh, okay.  I was thinking the Mean Well one was that monstrosity that was adapted from a full computer PSU as seen in another thread.  So this is a plastic box with a DIN output, and the CV cord plugs into it.

According to the datasheet, it's the awesomest replacement.  Obviously there are some asterisks involved though.  It's probably that it needs 0.2A minimum on the 12V supply.  I doubt that CV draws anywhere close to that.  That's a 60 ohm minimum load equivalent.  You probably a 2.5W 60 ohm resistor between 12V and GND to get the kind of stability that it advertises.

2 hours ago, ChildOfCv said:

Ooooooh, okay.  I was thinking the Mean Well one was that monstrosity that was adapted from a full computer PSU as seen in another thread.  So this is a plastic box with a DIN output, and the CV cord plugs into it.

According to the datasheet, it's the awesomest replacement.  Obviously there are some asterisks involved though.  It's probably that it needs 0.2A minimum on the 12V supply.  I doubt that CV draws anywhere close to that.  That's a 60 ohm minimum load equivalent.  You probably a 2.5W 60 ohm resistor between 12V and GND to get the kind of stability that it advertises.

LOL!  No, no, he replaced that craziness with this.  Definitely need some kind of resistor here.  He went overboard on the insulation and UL certification, blah blah blah, but really should have thought about the power loads.  Also has yet to even bother to chime in on the subject.