IGNORED

Announcing 7800 Anniversary Multicart #2 - Limited Availability

tep392

If you decide to do another run of Cart #1 with or without a working Choplifter count me in for 1 as well.

Seriously, this (working game thing) is a non-issue. I mean, Choplifter was fun in 1983 on the Apple, but it's not, um, a system seller for other consoles. And doesn't everyone have a zillion standalone copies of it anyway? I don't even collect 7800 commons, but was doing an inventory for a trade...and found five loose copies, including one lurking in a Jaguar game box. They breed. :)

Hope folks will give Mean 18 a chance...it's not as graphically impressive as Ninja Golf (or as weird or as cool) but it is a very solid golf game. You really need the instruction manual so you have the yardage chart though. See below, which I cribbed from some awesome Atari website:

m_Mean18_4.jpg

http://atariage.com/manual_page.php?SystemID=7800&SoftwareLabelID=737&ItemTypeID=MANUAL&currentPage=3&maxPages=6

I played the hell out of this game with my grandfather on a PC Jr (7800 has better graphics, but you could get tons of courses on extra packs for the PC) so maybe I'm a little biased. But I think it is a game worth putting some time into. Very rewarding when you have a great round....SUPER frustrating when you have a good round going and you shoot a double bogey...just like REAL golf!

• Like 3

I was surprised at how simple Ninja Golf is (again, it's been years) when I gave it a try on the multi-cart. You aim where you want to hit the ball, but there's no strength/skill meter at all. Goofy hybrid of an action game is what it is. For someone that's not really into video golf games, but kind of likes Kung-Fu Master, I can see Ninja Golf's appeal. :lol:

• Like 2

For those of us who weren't in on the original, which games were included on that one?

There were 16 games. The games were:

Asteroids

Centipede

Choplifter

Dig Dug

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Jr.

Food Fight

Galaga

Hat Trick

Joust

Kung Fu Master? (I'm trying to look at the label)

Mario Bros.

Ms. Pac-Man

One on One Basketball

Robotron

Xevious

You guys keep forgetting to thank RevEng, he modded the bankswitched games, even fixed a bug in Ninja Golf, that exists in the original. He also coded the menu and came up with the little descriptions. ;)

May thanks to all the makers!

• Like 2

You guys keep forgetting to thank RevEng, he modded the bankswitched games, even fixed a bug in Ninja Golf, that exists in the original. He also coded the menu and came up with the little descriptions. ;)

Oh - so RevEng is the real brains behind this and mostly to thank, got it! :lol:

Seriously, was not aware - so thanks for the explanation and updated my post of appreciation. Really, really like the well thought out/abbreviated descriptions and the fact all these games are shoved into one cart. :love:

• Like 3

Oh - so RevEng is the real brains behind this and mostly to thank, got it! :lol:

:P :)

RevEng primarily worked the software side and CPUWIZ primarily the hardware, creating an extraordinary team effort synergy.

Two geniuses and excellent examples of the very talented developers we are lucky enough to have on the 7800 platform. ;)

• Like 6

I am liking the fact that thus cart is probably one of the top must haves for the 7800 and appreciating tech and work that made it possible. Also the fact that people are enjoying the playing the games!

Myself?? I love playing Mean 18 and am happy that this cart came out for everyone to enjoy.

Awesome work! ☺?

Oh yeah! Spent all of last night playing this cart. Ikari Warriors is a blast. Who thought a run and gun was possible on the 7800? Midnight mutants looks like an SMS game, very impressive graphics. Good stuff all around, thanks again to all involved.

AND-As it turn out I don't have the first cart....I thought I did but it's actually the Bob Decrensezo multi cart.

So if that gets another run----Count me in!

post-38373-0-05211500-1490797106_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I must have not been active on the forums when it was around. I'd love to get my hands on one of those.

And you friend Dauber didn't help you out and let you know it was available? I know he "talks all the time" about his "Bob De" Multicart. This is making me want one more and more everyday. ;)

• Like 1

I have one of the original run left, I recalled the ones that were not shipped at the time, due to software bugs. Still in the box that Trebor packed it in.

Literally the last one, as I won't be making anymore.

Bugs aside, I love my Bob D multi I got from you in my collection! I believe only Moon Cresta and Space Invaders had issues though right? Moon Cresta had invisible sprites, and Space Invaders suffered from a lock up, but only if you played game levels with shields. All levels without shields didn't have any issues.