IGNORED

Announcing 7800 Anniversary Multicart #2 - Limited Availability

tep392

Okay, I thought so: the answer to my question was buried back in the beginning of the thread. Per this thread, the only ones of these from Multicart #1 I don't own are Kung Fu Master and Donkey Kong. But I've got Donkey Kong PK so I'm good on that score. :) 

Now if there's a second run of the Bob D. collection, I'd be all over it.

It wasn’t the copyright, the carts violated the rules of this website (they were original unmodified code) and one person complained.

In the end they are no different than a flash cart full of original game ROMs, but that’s just a weird fact of the website versus the end user providing the ROMs.

It never crossed my mind until it was announced these would not be available. 

12 hours ago, iesposta said:

It wasn’t the copyright, the carts violated the rules of this website (they were original unmodified code) and one person complained.

In the end they are no different than a flash cart full of original game ROMs, but that’s just a weird fact of the website versus the end user providing the ROMs.

It never crossed my mind until it was announced these would not be available. 

Yeah but that rule is to get around (technically) copyright though isn't it? You make a "new"modified thing that it wouldn't apply to? In any case, pretty lame that one person blew it up. Petty nonsense.

Several games had issues due to the eproms that CPU had to use at the time. I know that Moon Cresta has the invisible enemy issues, Space Invaders locks up if you play any level with shields, choplifter had the same issue that a good chunk of the normal carts have which, is the squashed screen effect that is so common on many 7800s including mine. Might have been one or two others but those were the only ones I could think of off the top of my head that had consistent issues confirmed later by others. But I still enjoy them all the same!

• Like 2

• 11 months later...