IGNORED

Monkey Island 2 music/slideshow demo

Asmusr

This looks really nice, but I guess it does not fully exploit the G7 mode. It's a port of the F18A graphics, isn't it? There are still many colored strokes, although every pixel may have an individual color.

Correct. I suppose that If Tursi added a save option to his Convert9918 program that would mimic either the 8-bit [gggrrrbb] palette per bit, or the MYART picture format (which I believe is an RLE encoded stream of the raw data), then we could have pictures that would exploit the G7 mode. As it stands, each scan line (pixel row) contains at most 16 colors of a possible 256, based on the converted data.

Edited by InsaneMultitasker

Hmm, I can explain the palette because i have used rrrgggbb instead of gggrrrbb. Here is a fixed version.

I don't know why your image is shifted and has noise at the top. I have exported it from Paint Shop Pro using the raw format, which I think is just a dump of the pixels.

Edit: That palette wasn't right either. I will fix it...

The noise near the top of the image was my mistake - when I redid the image display loop for raw data, I forgot to set the initial VDP write address. :dunce: Since the last address written to was always the same, the noise stayed in the same place during each iteration, and I assumed it was from the image data.

post-25764-0-00143400-1488052248_thumb.png

The non-scaled image looks crisper but the color pixels are more discernible, especially in the blues.

post-25764-0-76945800-1488052257_thumb.png

The scaled image looks muted but the colors seem smoother.

• Like 4

I have exported it from Paint Shop Pro using the raw format, which I think is just a dump of the pixels.

What version (and options) did you for the final image/palette? I was looking for a comparable program to play with, but I can't find any relevant raw format information, either for PSP or any other program. Feels like I may be hunting for the wrong info.

What version (and options) did you for the final image/palette? I was looking for a comparable program to play with, but I can't find any relevant raw format information, either for PSP or any other program. Feels like I may be hunting for the wrong info.

I'm Using Paint Shop Pro 7.04 from the year 2000 - still works fine in Windows 10. The palette file is just a text file. You need to remove the .txt that I put on in order to attach it here. In PSP I loaded the image and then loaded the palette, this will fit the image to the palette. I then saved it using the .raw file type.

fixed332.pal.txt

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...