IGNORED

Yet another device for Atari 8 bit

alsp

I really like the device. I had a Lothorek SIO2SD and I was never happy with it. Instructions were NIL and for me, using the SIO2SD was not intuitive. The ARM is small, no cable to get in the way, and I can easily copy a file or a disk from the designated drive to a real floppy, I haven't tried to copy a floppy to the ARM. The only improvement I would like to see would be an external switch to change the ARM from drive 1 to drive 2.

I really like the device. I had a Lothorek SIO2SD and I was never happy with it. Instructions were NIL and for me, using the SIO2SD was not intuitive. The ARM is small, no cable to get in the way, and I can easily copy a file or a disk from the designated drive to a real floppy, I haven't tried to copy a floppy to the ARM. The only improvement I would like to see would be an external switch to change the ARM from drive 1 to drive 2.

That's interesting to me about the SIO2SD. It's what I've been using the past few weeks on various Atari 8-bits and I found it to be completely plug and play, and in fact one of the easiest solutions I've ever used on this platform outside of simple multi-carts. Load the files on the SD card and go. Even changing between the four slots makes sense. It does have a drawback in that it doesn't support long file names like this solution does, however.

I only see the truncated names. How do I make it show the long names?

Hi Bill.

At the moment I cannot take a picture of my various SIO2SD devices loader but here's an image I found on the Internet:

post-12528-0-05121500-1522524428.jpg

Not like Flashjazzcat left and right U1MB loader bouncing filenames but at least 30 characters.