IGNORED

Geneve Clone?

Tempest

I may have asked this before, but how hard/expensive would it be to make a clone of the Geneve card? I've always been kind of curious about it, but the few that do show up are ungodly expensive.

There was a man overseas who was creating a Geneve using FPGA tech, but though some have said he is still working on it, it has not to my knowledge, come to fruition. That being said we have a member, Speccery in the TI-99/4A with a Pipistrello FPGA board thread, who has reproduced the TI, so I do believe with the information available that a Geneve could be implemented relatively easy.

There was a man overseas who was creating a Geneve using FPGA tech, but though some have said he is still working on it, it has not to my knowledge, come to fruition. That being said we have a member, Speccery in the TI-99/4A with a Pipistrello FPGA board thread, who has reproduced the TI, so I do believe with the information available that a Geneve could be implemented relatively easy.

I have been in contact with the developer of the new Geneve II.

It is still in development and it is FPGA based.

Hopefully some tracking will happen this year.

• Like 3