IGNORED

Lock 'N Chase 8k (Collapsing Lupin) with Box (Only 4)

SoulBuster

It really is, but being low bidder is cool. At $69 shipped it is in "New Game" world. Above 75 or so, it gets way too geeky.

Its almost laughable.. isn't it.. ok Im laughing. It is laughable... lol I sure would hate to be in 1st place in this auction.. Really its the box your bidding on... not the change in game play.. ;)

Its almost laughable.. isn't it.. ok Im laughing. It is laughable... lol I sure would hate to be in 1st place in this auction.. Really its the box your bidding on... not the change in game play.. ;)

Yea, I may be chiming in here a lot.

In defense of the auction itself, I had the opportunity to buy the cartridge from the Naberhood Games website and I chose not to as as I did not consider it to be a legitimate Homebrew game.

My bad! I did know where to get a box from, yet I felt the slight altering of Lock n' Chase was not worthy of the new Homebrew tag. A collapsing Lupin? WTF?

So now I will probably over bid in this auction so that I can keep my collection complete. Thankfully, I am fortunate enough to be able to bid here at all.

My next choice when I can't keep up with the insanity is to sell off the Homebrews I actually never play. If you collect keep your eyes on E-Bay, I may list a lot of stuff you guys may want to pick up.

I love this thread, it will be fun and exciting to see how it all plays out! :) :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I don't see how this auction needs defending. SoulBuster has these items and is willing to sell them and to give everyone on AtariAge the first, and really only shot at them. He had over 30 available for months and sold them down to 4. When these boxes came along well after the carts were available, he jumped at the chance to use them to move the remaining stock. Beats having inventory just sitting around. That's just common sense. People like to toss around the term "money grab" like it's a bad thing and not the very definition of "business". For someone running an online store, the entire point is to move merchandise and make sales.

It wasn't even his idea to make a box for this cart. Someone (they will remain nameless) who had already purchased carts from him asked me to come up with a design to store them in rather than have loose carts in their collection. Perfectly reasonable as I do not believe in loose carts myself, "...and boxes for all!" is my motto after all. Had it not been for this, I wouldn't have even known about the 8K update and would not have it in my collection now as I missed out on its announcement.

SoulBuster deserves our thanks, not derision, as do all the people that make and sell new items to keep our favorite classic console fresh. Maybe everyone doesn't always like how they go about it but then they can create, package, sell and ship new items they way they'd like it to be done and see just how much of an effort and pain it is to do.

• Like 4

I agree with all these great points, and I am not faulting anyone on what they do here.

I have a complete in box Hovver Bovver Half cut edition and a Blix! complete with the box,instructions overlays etc. I do not consider either of these to be an actual complete Homebrew however, because they are not really complete games.

I wish to all collect as you may, and sell off what you have as you see fit. collecting for completing purposes, in my eyes has been eliminated at least for myself. Have fun! :)

" they can create, package, sell and ship new items they way they'd like it to be done and see just how much of an effort and pain it is to do."

I've really enjoyed doing it the last few years. Not a pain at all. Enjoy what you do!

I just wish you would spend more time working on these releases and less time on sending nudes to so many of us.

• Like 1

the1hatman is correct. When I said the last 4 carts were getting the box treatment, around 6 or 7 people wanted me to hold one for them. With four games left, I just could not do that. This gives EVERYONE an opportunity to get one. If only 4 people bid at $50 and it ended that way on Friday, I would have been happy with that. If none of them were bid on at all, they would have gone into the store at $60 each.

This is all about supply and demand. I have 4 and there are more than 4 people that want it. I let the demand determine the price.

• Like 2

the1hatman is correct. When I said the last 4 carts were getting the box treatment, around 6 or 7 people wanted me to hold one for them. With four games left, I just could not do that. This gives EVERYONE an opportunity to get one. If only 4 people bid at $50 and it ended that way on Friday, I would have been happy with that. If none of them were bid on at all, they would have gone into the store at $60 each.

This is all about supply and demand. I have 4 and there are more than 4 people that want it. I let the demand determine the price.

I agree, yet my only point is if all of the 4 highest bidders get one, they should all pay the lowest bidders price.

By your own terms, this sounds like what you would be asking for. I am certain to bid beyond your $60. store price now. It all sounds fair to me!

• Like 1

" they can create, package, sell and ship new items they way they'd like it to be done and see just how much of an effort and pain it is to do."

I've really enjoyed doing it the last few years. Not a pain at all. Enjoy what you do!

I enjoy the creation process. If there was no fun in it at all none of us would be doing it. The wrangling orders, packing and shipping are a pain though.

The overall point was that if you don't like the way people are working hard to make new things for your hobby then go out and try it yourself. It may provide some insight into why people make and distribute things they way they do. I find telling these people that they are gouging, money grabbing or "doing it wrong" ungrateful at best and insulting at worst. Constructive criticism is ok and even encouraged but there's a point where it goes too far.

Well if only 30 such games(what ever the game is )are made and even less with boxes.

They supply vs the demand is not really what's it's all about.

IF so the supply would really relate to demand to a point and/or all would receive a CIB version.

Really all is good , it's a free market and people are free to do what they like.

Like people are free to choose to bid or not.

Cheers Brothers

I wonder what will happen when more people decide to release limited number of games with minor changes and some with boxes some without.

And other farkles for our intellivision hobby.

Could there be another crash.

;)

• Like 6

In defense of the auction itself, I had the opportunity to buy the cartridge from the Naberhood Games website and I chose not to as as I did not consider it to be a legitimate Homebrew game.

My bad! I did know where to get a box from, yet I felt the slight altering of Lock n' Chase was not worthy of the new Homebrew tag. A collapsing Lupin? WTF?

This is 100% exactly the case with me, as well.

• Like 1

Or... you could just... uh... have more made...... :ponder:

Rocket science, it is not.

I wonder what will happen when more people decide to release limited number of games with minor changes and some with boxes some without.

And other farkles for our intellivision hobby.

Could there be another crash.

;)

This is why I've always said the Intellivision homebrew scene was at its best in the early 2000's.

This is why I've always said the Intellivision homebrew scene was at its best in the early 2000's.

There deffently has been slow change around here from things beening made for the luv of the

Intellivision and keeping it alive and well for our community. To all about coming up with something to make $$$ and as much as possible.

Nothing is wrong with wanting to make money but

When quality , demand and supply is manipulated to increase profit. Then is it right ?

• Like 3

Or... you could just... uh... have more made...... :ponder:

Rocket science, it is not.

Ok but answer this: Why make more when you can't sell the last handful?

There were 4 or 5 of these carts sitting around on his site unsold for months which means that there was no real demand for them beyond the initial run. Now that there's a box for them the demand has gone back up but that doesn't change the fact that anyone who really wanted it could have bought one weeks ago.

You're correct that it's not rocket science. Common sense says none of us would have made more in his situation.

• Like 2

I have noticed , even with the last few post There are more people dropping that completists

View on collecting here.

Could that be because of all the products flooding our community. (Some great , some questionable)

Just throwing that thought out there.

Discuss as u will.

• Like 3