IGNORED

Lock 'N Chase 8k (Collapsing Lupin) with Box (Only 4)

SoulBuster

I have noticed , even with the last few post There are more people dropping that completists

View on collecting here.

Could that be because of all the products flooding our community.

I predicted this exact thing a long time ago. This is why I never liked the new model of Intellivision homebrew production, and always preferred the older model of much fewer homebrew releases.

I predicted this exact thing a long time ago. This is why I never liked the new model of Intellivision homebrew production, and always preferred the older model of much fewer homebrew releases.

Its almost March and no new games released in 2017. You should be ecstatic.

• Like 2

the1hatman is correct. When I said the last 4 carts were getting the box treatment, around 6 or 7 people wanted me to hold one for them. With four games left, I just could not do that. This gives EVERYONE an opportunity to get one. If only 4 people bid at $50 and it ended that way on Friday, I would have been happy with that. If none of them were bid on at all, they would have gone into the store at $60 each.

This is all about supply and demand. I have 4 and there are more than 4 people that want it. I let the demand determine the price.

this is absolutely reasonable. Even if I'm one of those 6 or 7 people, this makes sense for me too

but to better understand the situation I have a question:

are you going to make more copies of this game, no matter if with or without box treatment?

this information is necessary to let the demand (customers=collectors/players) determine the price because it needs to know whether the scarcity of this good is absolute or temporary

Absolute scarcity of goods always affects the price. Temporary scarcity of goods affects the price more and more as the goods are essential. And we all agree that an Intellivision game cannot be considered as an essential good!

If I knew that more copies will be made, I would consider to wait to spend less. I could also buy it now because I'm lazy or I don't want to wait the re-release, but this is up to me.

let the demand know :)

• Like 3

You were right in a way, but its not of how fast things are coming out these days , its what products, quality and how price /$$$$$ is getting manipulated but a few around here with, how things are released, how many are produced, and who is in the loop with who ever is putting a product out.(secret and so on).

There seems to be a lot of people who want to jump on the boat and make as much $$$ before it sails away or collapse's. And Really I can see that happening if this trend continues. You have already seen prices drop on the 125 and so on.

Greed Kills,, ;)

• Like 1

this is absolutely reasonable. Even if I'm one of those 6 or 7 people, this makes sense for me too

but to better understand the situation I have a question:

are you going to make more copies of this game, no matter if with or without box treatment?

this information is necessary to let the demand (customers=collectors/players) determine the price because it needs to know if the scarcity of this good is absolute or temporary

Absolute scarcity of goods always affects the price. Temporary scarcity of goods affects the price more and more so as the goods are essential. And we all agree that an Intellivision game cannot be considered as an essential good!

If I knew that more copies will be made, I would consider to wait to spend less. I could also buy it now because I'm lazy or I don't want to wait the re-release, but this is up to me.

let the demand know :)

What do you think will be said. Sure the answer will be no. That will keep the price up. Im sure If it were posted here that there were four copies of cartridge only left they would of sold. Just like everything else does posted for sale here. But really when and where was the Thread for this release even being available posted. Or was it a private release with limited numbers... Just asking because I don't recall..

Edited by m-crew

There's no point in getting ahead of ourselves. I keep on being optimistic

btw, whatever may be the answer, this discussion can convince Soulbuster or another producer to consider a re-release, don't you think?

Yes,

You may be right, but has demand or discussions on any other homebrew initiated a rerelease. Only a few(a long time ago , in a galaxy far far away or as Eric put it the older model) but Not many that's for sure and why . That would drop prices of people collections and the homebrews themselves when released.

Not meant to ruffle feathers here but more of an observation on my part.. :)

Edited by m-crew

ah, in any case direct democratic instruments are always available :) . Do you remember the petition for Piggy Bank? I'm sure we wouldn't have the same numbers here (this is a bootleg - or whatever you want to call it - and not a new game) but I'm sure there would be ears ready to listen to the petitioners

I understand that the last 4 carts have sat around long enough that it doesn't make sense to manufacture another run.

(...)

if Lock'n'Chase Collapsing Lupin had its own box, manual, overlays and label I would agree with you. Manufacturing all those accessories is the most expensive and complicated aspect of a release

Except for the beautiful box the1hatman made, this is a regular Lock'n'Chase cart with its original made in the U.S.A. label. There are hundred thousands in the wild!

to burn 20 or 30 more boards doesn't seem to me like very complicated. If I had the device to make new boards, I would make them by myself...

for me it's a matter of will

• Like 2

You were right in a way, but its not of how fast things are coming out these days , its what products, quality and how price /$$$$$ is getting manipulated but a few around here with, how things are released, how many are produced, and who is in the loop with who ever is putting a product out.(secret and so on).

When I said that I predicted this exact thing a long time ago, I was referring to the fact that the concept of a "complete collection" (of homebrews) would become something of the past, which more and more people would be forced to give up on.

• Like 2

When I said that I predicted this exact thing a long time ago, I was referring to the fact that the concept of a "complete collection" (of homebrews) would become something of the past, which more and more people would be forced to give up on.

And I would have agreed with you, had I been here back then, that this would eventually become the reality. But nothing was going to stop that anyway. Eventually people were going to figure out to make games for these old consoles and discover that collectors would want to buy them. Then other people were going to get in on the fun and soon we would have a ripe homebrew scene with many publishers making titles available. It really made the "concept of a complete collection" as you called it a pipe dream to begin with unless you had unlimited resources or income.

Since that was always the case, I don't see why it's such a big deal to see it come to fruition. It was inevitable so there's really no sense in any of us getting annoyed with it. I know I'm never going to own 4-tris or Blix so I've just let it go and chose to focus on what I can get for the fun of it.

Edited by the1hatman
  • Like 1

Dude... I might be wrong but I think that's a low blow.

:rolling: :rolling:

Perhaps you should include only one overlay at the regular price and reserve the second one for the "Premium" edition. Also, make it snazzier by printing a map of the screen on your bubble-jet printer. :grin:

Yes,You may be right, but has demand or discussions on any other homebrew initiated a rerelease. Only a few(a long time ago , in a galaxy far far away or as Eric put it the older model) but Not many that's for sure and why . That would drop prices of people collections and the homebrews themselves when released.Not meant to ruffle feathers here but more of an observation on my part.. :)

But LockNchase 8K is not a homebrew it was programmed by Mattel Electronics and the box graphics was designed by Mattel Electronics. LockNchase 8K doesn't complete your collection anymore than having the Auto Racing or Space Battle variants would or having the replica box of Super Pro Volleyball.

• Like 5

I understand that the last 4 carts have sat around long enough that it doesn't make sense to manufacture another run.

However, will there be empty boxes available later? I'm bidding for only the box. I already own the cart and likely will sell it if my bid for a box+cart holds out.

Really its the box your bidding on... not the change in game play.. ;)

Here is where the value is in this Auction, but is a box worth that much is the question.. ;)

• Like 1

But LockNchase 8K is not a homebrew it was programmed by Mattel Electronics and the box graphics was designed by Mattel Electronics. LockNchase 8K doesn't complete your collection anymore than having the Auto Racing or Space Battle variants would or having the replica box of Super Pro Volleyball.

I wasnt really referring to lnC being a homebrew , I was referring to if more runs are made after initial runs of what ever is produced.. Value of owning such product is effected..

ah, in any case direct democratic instruments are always available :) . Do you remember the petition for Piggy Bank? I'm sure we wouldn't have the same numbers here (this is a bootleg - or whatever you want to call it - and not a new game) but I'm sure there would be ears ready to listen to the petitioners

I sure do, but BBWW and who ever else was involved with that release did everything possible to avoid a blix like release by not manipulating the release. Either by the price , sn numbers , number of release, box not box, 1 overlay, difference in manual ext....

• Like 2

Your maybe right on this thought.. that's for sure. At least we will have lots of choices to pick from.. quality over completion. Quality games and products will sell. Others will need to be manipulated to sell.. As this game needed to be.. With a slight hack. ;) :)

• Like 1

The auction will run from now until Friday 2/24/2017 at 10 pm Pacific Time Zone (Those of you bidding from around the world will have to figure it out). Minimum bid for each is $50. I will periodically post which 4 bids are leading through-out the week.

YOU MUST POST YOUR BID IN THIS THREAD. PMs AND EMAIL WILL NOT COUNT.

Winners will be the 4 highest bids posted before 10pm next Friday and in case of a tie, the post time will be used. The winning items included are the Lock 'n' Chase 8k collapsing Lupin cart (New board in a used LNC labeled cart) and a new box made for these carts.

Free shipping to the US. International shipping will be $8 less than what it actually costs.

1. $111.01 Wolfy62
2. $111 AtariBuff

3. $85 Lathe26

4. $76.50 AJChandler
Out Bid. $75 mr_intv
Out Bid. $70 Ambrosine

Out Bid. $69 BBWW

1. The intention of making a cart with Collapsing Lupin was because there are none in the wild. They were made with used carts with the LNC label to make them seem like wild found carts, even though they are not. The used labeled carts were more for nostalgia for me than anything.

2. I do not plan on making any more. Reason: any new carts from me would not have a box treatment as they do not sell well cart only.

3. Anyone can make more. They probably will also not get the box treatment.

4. I can see being perturbed by such a small quantity of boxed or variant versions. Had they sold out in cart only form, this thread would not exist and the offer I got for boxes would have been limited to myself, instead of getting 4 extra.

5. When demand is very low, a seller can A: discount them; B: throw them away. C: enhance the desire to purchase by adding something of value. I chose the last of those.

6. Initial run was not advertised like most other releases, but it was also not private. They were on my store for sale to the public for over a year.

Bid, do not bid. It is your choice.

If there was only 4 people that asked me to hold on to one for them, those 4 would have gotten them at $50.

The only reason this auction is going on is because there is more demand than I have supply.

The auction was never intended until about 4 days ago when I realized I did not have enough to 'hold on to one ' for all those requesting it.

You can discuss my motives or motives for any producer. My motives are in this post, and they do not go beyond what I have already stated in this thread.

Edited by SoulBuster
  • Like 2

What do you think will be said. Sure the answer will be no. That will keep the price up. Im sure If it were posted here that there were four copies of cartridge only left they would of sold. Just like everything else does posted for sale here. But really when and where was the Thread for this release even being available posted. Or was it a private release with limited numbers... Just asking because I don't recall..

as stated then just reinforced.

but its a free market and it is what it is.