IGNORED

Ultimate Atari Cart (Electrotrains) Pre-Order by 18 APR 17

MacRorie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As you may have noticed, some of the cartridges shipped out. I have a STACK of carts to ship out. I had two done and got them out the door, then hit a snag. Snag has been ironed out and I have been feverishly assembling them. All I need to do is make about 30 more and then send them out. I have 50 that will go into boxes and hit the USPS tomorrow (Thursday). I will promise that ALL carts will go out no later than 10 MAY. I expect them to be out before that, but I am giving myself a little leeway. However, I leave for China on 18MAY, so all of them HAVE TO BE GONE BY 15 MAY! :-)

As a point of clarity, the numbers/order date did not matter, just needed to get to 50. 70 carts are going out in the next few days, so look for them soon!

I think they came out very nicely. I like the label better this run. I will post pics later tonight!

This also means that after 15 MAY, the balance of the carts will go on eBay. Since eBay charges 10% off of the top for everything (including shipping) the price will have to go up! Buy them before 15 May to keep the AtariAge price!

• Like 2

SD Image is however you want to do it. No right or wrong way, although directories are recommended. Do yourself a favor and convert all your ROM files to CAR files. Not necessary for all (directions are included with cart, but I did all mine to keep it uniform. I created the following directory on my SD Card....

AtariMax (any 1mb and 8mb AtariMax cart images)

Demos (Atari in store demo and others)

Diagnostic (testing software)

DOS (Sparta, Insta Dos and other cart base DOSes)

Education (Self explanatory)

Games (No idea what is in here :) )

Misc (anything else that does not go in any other folder)

Programming (Basic, Mac65, Pilot, Logo etc....)

Utilities (AtariWriter, Micro Filer etc...)

XEX (any XEX images like Pac-Man arcade and so many others)

Nothing really to set up. Just create your SD card, put it in the cart, put the cart in the Atari, and turn it on. Very simple.

Edited by scotty
  • Like 1

Glad everyone is enjoying them so far! The cases turned out okay. My next investment is a two nozzle printer. I would *love* to be able to print the Fuji out in a different color from the case. The Glow in the Dark cases are kind of cool (I think). But what is really cool is that the translucent colors flash nicely with the LED. I mean even on the dark color it shines through the label, but the translucent ones look "cooler" to me.

I will investigate sources of pre-collected roms/etc, but I do not provide them because, well, that gets into a grey area I don't feel comfortable inhabiting (distributing ROMs etc) . . . .

If you have anyone that wants one, so long as I get payment by the 14th of May, it will go out before I leave for China. If not, they can still buy one, but it will not get shipped until the end of the month.

I think they are must have devices and ElectroTrains deserves a LOT of kudos for inventing them, but that's just me.

I got mine, didn't have time to set it up last night though. I really wish my newer TV/Receiver had S-Video, the 8-Bit just looks so much better with it... Then again, that low of a resolution on a 55" TV... nah, still looks awesome!

Kind of wished I'd gotten a translucent case on mine, that sounds awesome!

I'll take one. PMing the OP... Edit: OK, found the other thread and sent payment. Wish I had confirmation that they weren't sold out first but it doesn't look like there's been an update on how many are left for a while (since 30).

Edited by CZroe

Anyone know if SmokeMonster has one of these? ;)

I have about 20 left.

Cool. Thanks! Can't wait for mine. Also, would you consider updating the quantity remaining with the date next to the PayPal.me link? That way people will be less worried about buying something OOS as the stock dwindles and they won't have to go back and forth to find the latest update.

Just an idea! Thanks again. :)

Edited by CZroe

Anyone know if SmokeMonster has one of these? ;)Cool. Thanks! Can't wait for mine. Also, would you consider updating the quantity remaining with the date next to the PayPal.me link? That way people will be less worried about buying something OOS as the stock dwindles and they won't have to go back and forth to find the latest update.

Just an idea! Thanks again. :)

Posts cannot be edited after 30 days, sorry.

Posts cannot be edited after 30 days, sorry.

Oh yeah! In my case I can't seem to edit after 30 minutes but that's probably a restriction based on something else (member status?).

Oh well. These kinds of restrictions always bug me especially since I can't imagine why we have them.

Edited by CZroe

Does anyone have recommendations for brands and sizes of SD cards to use?

I am using a 16GB, ONLY because that is the smallest size I had readily available. You have to remember, we are talking 8K, 16K up to 128K in size. You could fit the entire library on a 1GB card anbd still have all kinds of room to spare.

I am using a 16GB, ONLY because that is the smallest size I had readily available. You have to remember, we are talking 8K, 16K up to 128K in size. You could fit the entire library on a 1GB card anbd still have all kinds of room to spare.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking more about compatibility than anything else. I've encountered other projects like this that were a bit fickle about what kinds of cards they could use, so it made sense to ask. I ended up ordering a pair of 8GB Sandisk SDHC cards because, like your circumstances, they were the lowest-capacity cards I could find w/o spending even more money, and Sandisk cards seem to be pretty robust.

I just got mine today. Thanks! Can't wait to try it out but I have some other troubleshooting to do first. :(

if it's still available I'm interested to get 1

Look for the purchase thread. He still had 30 after I ordered mine. :) Edited by CZroe

I must have forgotten to post that my three arrived safely a couple days ago. Sorry about the delay.

Thanks again!

Glad to hear! 25 +/- still available. Leaving in a bit. Will check back at the end of the month. If I can get through the Great Firewall, I will check in.

• Like 2