IGNORED

Easter game - The Passion of Jesus

Atari Dogs

I am working on a basic hack for Easter. No it is not a Kaboom easter basket hack. It is more in the line of Red Sea Crossing.

I will put the bin out tomorrow. I could not find all the colors i wanted from HackoMatic, but the color had some fact to it. Also three of the characters use the same figure. Two would have been fine, the third well maybe someone can help. The game is not that good, but the story makes the hack work. It is kind of a memory game, and lets say the original game has been saved.

I am working on a basic hack for Easter. No it is not a Kaboom easter basket hack. It is more in the line of Red Sea Crossing.I will put the bin out tomorrow. I could not find all the colors i wanted from HackoMatic, but the color had some fact to it. Also three of the characters use the same figure. Two would have been fine, the third well maybe someone can help. The game is not that good, but the story makes the hack work. It is kind of a memory game, and lets say the original game has been saved. Edited by Atari Dogs

Jesus.binThe Passion of Jesus.

You are Jesus as you enter Jerusalem in your final days. This is a memory game. Your must remember your followers houses and go visit them to pray. On the bottom left of the screen you will see Heaven or God’s house with its many rooms or windows in this case. On the bottom left is a Roman building/Temple. Your followers houses are in the middle of the screen and on the top of the screen is Mount Calvary showing how many turns you have.

You start out with three turns represented by crosses on Mount Calvary. The game starts with your followers leaving the Temple to their houses. You as Jesus go to heaven to obtain Halo Points. After you obtain the points you must remember the houses your followers went to. If you picked the correct house you go in and pray. Praying is very easy, just have to move the joystick up and down. If you picked the wrong house, a Roman guard and Jewish Priest come get you and take your to the Roman building/Temple. When are done praying, you leave the house and go to the next house to pray. Depending on how many Halo points you have, you may have to go back to heaven to obtain more. Also in the game is Judas who comes up to identify you. The game ends when you have been caught three times.

Edited by Atari Dogs
  • Like 1

At first I wanted two Roman Guards, but I could only change the color of one guard to a Roman red uniform color. The other character remained blue so he became the Priest. I tried the change the playfield to a sandy color, but when I changed that cell in Hackomatic it left wierd artifacts on the top of the screen and messed up the praying screen. I also wanted the Roman building/Temple to be a different color than Heaven, but they share the same color. Jesus, the Priest, and the Guard all share the same character. I wanted the Guard to have a shield and no beard, but that did not work out.

Edited by Atari Dogs

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone help on the points section? The game displays how many prayers have been made when on the playfield. It would be much more helpful if it displayed the Halo points you had and displayed the prayers made when in the followers house. It could display total prayers at the end for your total score.

Hopefully there is some enjoyment out of this game.

If you use the debugger in stella you can find the colors much easier, just start a game, and press once ( ` ) on key board, click the TIA tab in the lower left window, and at the far right at the top start clicking the scanline tab, and as the scan reveals the color, it will show the colors in the tiny boxes, and the color code next to it

• 3 weeks later...

I had someone ask if I could make a change to the game.

Can anyone change the number of "followers" that you have to visit? The game currently has seven them starts over. It would be better if it started with five then when you finish go to six then stay with seven from there out.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

you know the whole bible game market was completely under apprciated if you ask me- being a niche format hurt it, cause its a great concept for action games, just like space is. in fact a combo of the two would be even better. you know some say jesus was really a alien-human hybrid, who came here to give humanity a little push in the right cosmic direction!

• Like 2