IGNORED

The Odyssey 2 / Videopac Brotherhood!

ScottyDont00

You finally started the O2 Brotherhood you always wanted huh. I remember the days when we were still trying to find a good name for the community. Remember when this was a thing?

Member of the Odyssey2/VideoPac Community! Want more info? http://atariage.com/...pac-community/

Anyway, to get on with initiation, the Odyssey2 is my favorite console to collect for. It's so different in comparison to anything else. The games are great, the community's even better, and it has classics like Demon Attack as well as the amazing exclusives like Smithereens! and Attack of the Timelord!. Still no Gyruss though, so that's something someone should fix. Please.

My Odyssey2 was non-working with enough dust on it to make the keyboard illegible when I bought it. I cleaned it, because there was no way it was staying without a clean, and found a power supply that it would work with. I still needed a game, and atari2600land sent me a copy of Speedway!/Spinout!/Cryptologic! to keep with the system. The system works fine, now that all the hair is out of the cartridge port. It's been a downward spiral (or upward climb? depends on your view of it) ever since.

As for fondest memory, getting the thing working after 6 months was my most memorable moment with the system.

I don't have a Type & Tell cartridge yet, still one of the few that I don't have.

I'm not part of the other forum yet, but a may be in the future.

The old moniker will remain until true acceptance.

It's a good day to join the Odyssey2 brotherhood.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all - fairly long time lurker here. Would love to be added.

1.) Love our system and games!

Even when it seemed nobody had ever heard of it. Remember wearing all of the directional points off my controller playing K.C. {wish I still had that thing}.

2.) Post a reply to this thread and tell us all at least one of the following:

a.) How you got your system?

Giving Santa a head nod at the chimney on Christmas night {circa '80}, I proceeded to connect it in a darkened basement and played Cosmic Conflict endlessly after releasing my sister from her indentured spinout servitude.

b.) Your favorite memory of the system or games?

The day I dedicated to breaking my high score on UFO, followed by Hockey w/ bro, and any time playing game 3 on K.C.

c.) The weirdest thing you have typed into "Type and Tell" to make The Voice say?

Sorry, was sheltered, didn't know about Voice until recent years.

4.) If you are already a member of the Videopac /Odyssey 2 forum include your user name for that forum in your post if different from your AA username. I will add them both to your spot on the list below.

jcrunchy84

5.) Add the following to your signature box once your username is added to the list below: Official Wizard of the Odyssey 2 / Videopac Brotherhood!

You finally started the O2 Brotherhood you always wanted huh. I remember the days when we were still trying to find a good name for the community. Remember when this was a thing?

Member of the Odyssey2/VideoPac Community! Want more info? http://atariage.com/...pac-community/

Anyway, to get on with initiation, the Odyssey2 is my favorite console to collect for. It's so different in comparison to anything else. The games are great, the community's even better, and it has classics like Demon Attack as well as the amazing exclusives like Smithereens! and Attack of the Timelord!. Still no Gyruss though, so that's something someone should fix. Please.

My Odyssey2 was non-working with enough dust on it to make the keyboard illegible when I bought it. I cleaned it, because there was no way it was staying without a clean, and found a power supply that it would work with. I still needed a game, and atari2600land sent me a copy of Speedway!/Spinout!/Cryptologic! to keep with the system. The system works fine, now that all the hair is out of the cartridge port. It's been a downward spiral (or upward climb? depends on your view of it) ever since.

As for fondest memory, getting the thing working after 6 months was my most memorable moment with the system.

I don't have a Type & Tell cartridge yet, still one of the few that I don't have.

I'm not part of the other forum yet, but a may be in the future.

The old moniker will remain until true acceptance.

It's a good day to join the Odyssey2 brotherhood.

Yes I did get it going. Welcome!

Huge collector of the Magnavox Odyssey 2. I love playing the console and games. It was my first US system to have a complete in box set. Looking forward to gaming on it for years to come.

Thanks for joining! I am looking forward to seeing the expansion on your house when it's finished and your all done setting it up!

Hey all - fairly long time lurker here. Would love to be added.

Even when it seemed nobody had ever heard of it. Remember wearing all of the directional points off my controller playing K.C. {wish I still had that thing}.

Giving Santa a head nod at the chimney on Christmas night {circa '80}, I proceeded to connect it in a darkened basement and played Cosmic Conflict endlessly after releasing my sister from her indentured spinout servitude.

The day I dedicated to breaking my high score on UFO, followed by Hockey w/ bro, and any time playing game 3 on K.C.

c.) The weirdest thing you have typed into "Type and Tell" to make The Voice say?

Sorry, was sheltered, didn't know about Voice until recent years.

4.) If you are already a member of the Videopac /Odyssey 2 forum include your user name for that forum in your post if different from your AA username. I will add them both to your spot on the list below.

jcrunchy84

5.) Add the following to your signature box once your username is added to the list below: Official Wizard of the Odyssey 2 / Videopac Brotherhood!

Awesome story. Thanks for sharing and welcome.

• 1 month later...

I bought my system right here in the AA marketplace forums. My fondest memory (so far) is Pick Axe Pete. Watching him spazz out on a locked door is fun, but having him do the happy dance (when he gets through with a key) is even better! I don't have a Voice (or T&T) yet, but the first word will be 'Phooey'

The OD2 is my go to system when I want a quick fix of video gaming.

Our family originally got an OD2 back in Christmas 1979. I was only six years old at the time so I didn't really know what it was the day my family got the system. I wasn't really old enough to know what was going on in gaming at the time. I only knew that we had a Radio Shack pong unit (that my older bother always kicked my butt when we played) and the OD2 was so much cooler.

My favorite memory from back in the day was family game night. It use to be just board games, but once we had Odyssey2 that changed. My Mom and Dad's favorite game to play with my bother and I was bowling. Then of course we would play some spin out. My favorite games from back then were UFO, K.C. Munchkin, Attack of the Timelord, Pick Axe Pete.

The OD2 was my first game system (not counting the pong unit) and that was my only game system until 1986 when I choose to upgrade with Sega Master System. Yes, I know, odd choice being that most would have thought NES, but I wanted the SMS. It was at this time I took apart the OD2 to see how it worked. After that we sold the OD2 in a garage sale. Around 1995 I started collecting pre crash video game systems. The first system I found was OD2. At one point I had seven plus systems, parts and tons of duplicate games. I've since scaled back the OD2 collection to just two systems and I own most of the USA releases (minus the rarest ones)

These days my favorite games are pretty much the same as back in the day with the addition of Smithereens, Cosmic Conflict, and Killer Bee's.

I've contacted the Videopac/Odyssey 2 forum about becoming a member, but I'm not officially a member yet.

Edited by pboland
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I just recently aquired my Odyssey 2 system, (model BC 7600, 1981 edition) I bought it off of eBay for about $40. ($35+Shipping) It is complete in the box, has the pack in game, "speedway/Spinout/Crypto Logic", in its box, the manual, booklets, a couple posters, a catalog, warranty cards, etc. I'm really liking it so far.

I am rather new to the o2, having grown up In the PlayStation era, and having a SNES and an Atari 2600. However have been wanting an o2 for years, ever since I saw one for $25 as a kid (2003) when I was in an old thrift store that's long gone, and now the location of an antique shop. It was the third vintage console I discovered, after the NES and Atari 2600. It looked cool, and I wanted it, but I was broke, and when I returned a week later, with money, it was gone! I have one, and I feel like a kid again, even if I never had one then!

Favorite games so far are Kc Munchkin, and Dynasty, I know may be kinda boring to some, but beating the computer at a game brings a smile to my face.

I still need to get "the Voice", so I can't answer the last one yet.

Edited by Polybius
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Metarog!!!

I'm finally beginning to put my Odyssey 2 stuff in order, just (almost) completed my Brazilian collection (two games missing, but all the others are in perfect, some near perfect, and a couple in very good condition), the strategy games are on the shipping carton box, and the system is like new and still on the shipping carton box as well. I'm starting to collect the American versions (more focused on that) and also purchasing what I can find on the European market (but pretty slow on that), I have a still in shipping box Radiola Jet 25/04, I'm negotiating a boxed Brandt Jopac JO7400, already have a loose one, a loose Videopac G7000 Siera system, a loose Radiopac G7200, a loose The Voice (but with custom box and styrofoam) oh, and a boxed Odyssey2 as well, also a couple japanese Odyssey games. I've been pretty agressive on my purchases, but I'm slowing down now... And also part of The Sherlock Holmes project as you already now.

Now for the Questions at hand:

Yesssss

Bought from a guy on an auction site in Brazil just to put it with another systems as decoration, then Rafael contacted me and everything changes... All this in one year period.

As a kid I used to go to a friends house to play Didi na Mina Encantada, which is the Brazilian version of Pick Axe Pete. Good times

Never played

3.) Consider joining the Videopac / Odyssey 2 Forum here: http://videopac.nl/forum/

Already there

same name leonardobiagi

Will do

Thanks again

All the best

Leonardo

• Like 1

Hello Metarog!!!

I'm finally beginning to put my Odyssey 2 stuff in order, just (almost) completed my Brazilian collection (two games missing, but all the others are in perfect, some near perfect, and a couple in very good condition), the strategy games are on the shipping carton box, and the system is like new and still on the shipping carton box as well. I'm starting to collect the American versions (more focused on that) and also purchasing what I can find on the European market (but pretty slow on that), I have a still in shipping box Radiola Jet 25/04, I'm negotiating a boxed Brandt Jopac JO7400, already have a loose one, a loose Videopac G7000 Siera system, a loose Radiopac G7200, a loose The Voice (but with custom box and styrofoam) oh, and a boxed Odyssey2 as well, also a couple japanese Odyssey games. I've been pretty agressive on my purchases, but I'm slowing down now... And also part of The Sherlock Holmes project as you already now.

Yesssss

Bought from a guy on an auction site in Brazil just to put it with another systems as decoration, then Rafael contacted me and everything changes... All this in one year period.

As a kid I used to go to a friends house to play Didi na Mina Encantada, which is the Brazilian version of Pick Axe Pete. Good times

Never played

3.) Consider joining the Videopac / Odyssey 2 Forum here: http://videopac.nl/forum/

Already there

same name leonardobiagi

Will do

Thanks again

All the best

Leonardo

And by metarog. I mean ScottyDont00, sorry about that, it was on my Ctrl+C because of a message I sent metarog and didn't check it. My bad, terrible, terrible bad... :| :| :|

• Like 1

Well, I just recently aquired my Odyssey 2 system, (model BC 7600, 1981 edition) I bought it off of eBay for about $40. ($35+Shipping) It is complete in the box, has the pack in game, "speedway/Spinout/Crypto Logic", in its box, the manual, booklets, a couple posters, a catalog, warranty cards, etc. I'm really liking it so far.

I am rather new to the o2, having grown up In the PlayStation era, and having a SNES and an Atari 2600. However have been wanting an o2 for years, ever since I saw one for $25 as a kid (2003) when I was in an old thrift store that's long gone, and now the location of an antique shop. It was the third vintage console I discovered, after the NES and Atari 2600. It looked cool, and I wanted it, but I was broke, and when I returned a week later, with money, it was gone! I have one, and I feel like a kid again, even if I never had one then!

Favorite games so far are Kc Munchkin, and Dynasty, I know may be kinda boring to some, but beating the computer at a game brings a smile to my face.

I still need to get "the Voice", so I can't answer the last one yet.

Also, I applied to the VideoPac.nl Forums, No response yet, hopefully they accept me .

• 6 months later...

Done. i love all old systems and vidjagames. deeply.

I only ever spotted Odyssey at conventions and such. Played it 1x for like 5 min. Then a friend from Alabama offered me his entire collection and console, working, complete with about 15 games (including what appears to be a complete Quest for Rings). I got it running on a CRT here in Philadelphia and swapped the video connection to a simpler RCA jack and all is well, it sits happily next to my childhood atari 5200. I love it, and i guess my favorite memory so far (only one year old) is playing a bunch of Speedway! and Computer Golf with a close friend. We've actually been uploading videos of the gameplay to my youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfjMpLzt8LQIGFlbAp0ExMQ) with some Lets Plays of Odyssey and others!! It's been very fun exposing friends to the system....

I dont have the type/tell item--i'll need to research it!

I am unoclay on this atariage O2 forum. I've asked to be added to the other forum you linked to (videopac.nl).

I welcome the chance to be added to this illustrious brotherhood.

Edited by unoclay
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Oh, this is great!

Looks like it may be defunct, but here's my go-

1)Oh, Wow-I never experienced one in my youth or even thought about owning one. Ichase high scores at Twin Galaxies, was peer choice "Prolific Gamer of the Year" last year, I play every system I can get my hands on, for fun "stinky scores", and at the same time challenging the very best on every system to up their game. I admit, every time I get a new system it becomes my favorite for a while, but I REALLY love the Odyssey, so neglected and underrated! I know many, many systems, but the O2 seems special.

2a)Again, "Most Prolific Gamer", I'm a collector but only because I play, everything, and constantly. Was a random Cragslist purchase, listed at 70$, working, 25 boxed games. My Daughters Boyfriend picked it up for me, and the Guy only charged him 50$ for it...this IS 2018, right, lol?

No, I had already talked in depth with the seller about my high-score intentions, and the care I would give the system, and like my Vectrex, the person that owned it before me really seemed to want me to have it.

The game selection is perfect, the value(tho that's not my gig)is through the roof, find of a lifetime, tho I got my Vectrex for 75$.

Same as the Vectrex, I kinda got it to climb the leaderboards at TG, and also same as Vectrex-I'm(unofficially)the top ranked player on the system. Took about two(solid)days.

Skiing(Down Hill, 13.4), Bowling(Tournament-Play, 234), Computer Golf(38 the second time I played the game), Speedway(Skill1 2401)/Spinout(Clear Track 13), I am a ringer on those type games, but decent scores on KC Munchkin and Acrobats!(AWESOME game!)were hard to get!

Getting the C7060 game selector, in the mail now, super excited about that!!!

The best part-I'm in Mountain City, Tennessee-the closest metro is Knoxville Tn. The O2 I got came from a Guy in Knoxville...

Kinda "'Nuff said", for people that know the O2, but, lol-I'm the "top ranked player"(tongue firmly in cheek) on a system that was essentially produced locally and lived there it's whole life-that's AWESOME!!!

2b)A close friend "crashed on my couch" for a few weeks once, about 10 years ago. One of the things he kept at my house that was dear to him when he sorta had nowhere to go was a boxed original Odyssey of his deceased Father. We never played it, and I regret that. My friend passed away, and I am trying to track down the system, but no luck so far. That's really my only memory of Odyssey at all, I must admit.

2c)"Hi Everyone Rogerpoaco We are playing Pachinko on the Magnavox Odyssey".(I have to spell my nickname wrong for it to be enunciated right).

:)

I've let it do my intros to my high-score videos a few times, is pretty funny.

"If I can Change I hope I never Know". "Pinwheel Pinwheel spinning around look thru my pinwheel see what I found".

3/4)Not yet, but I'm sure I'll sign up soon!

I get systems and I get flashcarts for them, it's just my hobby/habit, and I probably won't stop until I have them all.

I do that so I can go through the history of the system, check out as much as possible, and fully appreciate what the system has to offer.

The system itself seems VERY durable. 2600's are hard to break, INT's are like handling Fabrige eggs, but this thing seems made just right(I have the VOICE also, BTW), and the Voice is MUCH better than INT, reminds me of being in an arcade in 1984, hearing Black Hole pinball.

Again, this seems to be a "gone" thread, but I'd love to talk O2 with anyone still interested!

I'm a big goofball, but also one of the lucky 13-5.57 on the Dragster-I make it easy to NOT take me seriously, but...

Watch Out!

Would be honored to join this club!

I bought my system right here in the AA marketplace forums. My fondest memory (so far) is Pick Axe Pete. Watching him spazz out on a locked door is fun, but having him do the happy dance (when he gets through with a key) is even better! I don't have a Voice (or T&T) yet, but the first word will be 'Phooey'

The OD2 is my go to system when I want a quick fix of video gaming.

Our family originally got an OD2 back in Christmas 1979. I was only six years old at the time so I didn't really know what it was the day my family got the system. I wasn't really old enough to know what was going on in gaming at the time. I only knew that we had a Radio Shack pong unit (that my older bother always kicked my butt when we played) and the OD2 was so much cooler.

My favorite memory from back in the day was family game night. It use to be just board games, but once we had Odyssey2 that changed. My Mom and Dad's favorite game to play with my bother and I was bowling. Then of course we would play some spin out. My favorite games from back then were UFO, K.C. Munchkin, Attack of the Timelord, Pick Axe Pete.

The OD2 was my first game system (not counting the pong unit) and that was my only game system until 1986 when I choose to upgrade with Sega Master System. Yes, I know, odd choice being that most would have thought NES, but I wanted the SMS. It was at this time I took apart the OD2 to see how it worked. After that we sold the OD2 in a garage sale. Around 1995 I started collecting pre crash video game systems. The first system I found was OD2. At one point I had seven plus systems, parts and tons of duplicate games. I've since scaled back the OD2 collection to just two systems and I own most of the USA releases (minus the rarest ones)

These days my favorite games are pretty much the same as back in the day with the addition of Smithereens, Cosmic Conflict, and Killer Bee's.

I've contacted the Videopac/Odyssey 2 forum about becoming a member, but I'm not officially a member yet.

Hello Metarog!!!

Yesssss

Never played

Already there

same name leonardobiagi

Will do

Thanks again

All the best

Leonardo

Done. i love all old systems and vidjagames. deeply.

I only ever spotted Odyssey at conventions and such. Played it 1x for like 5 min. Then a friend from Alabama offered me his entire collection and console, working, complete with about 15 games (including what appears to be a complete Quest for Rings). I got it running on a CRT here in Philadelphia and swapped the video connection to a simpler RCA jack and all is well, it sits happily next to my childhood atari 5200. I love it, and i guess my favorite memory so far (only one year old) is playing a bunch of Speedway! and Computer Golf with a close friend. We've actually been uploading videos of the gameplay to my youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfjMpLzt8LQIGFlbAp0ExMQ) with some Lets Plays of Odyssey and others!! It's been very fun exposing friends to the system....

I dont have the type/tell item--i'll need to research it!

I am unoclay on this atariage O2 forum. I've asked to be added to the other forum you linked to (videopac.nl).

I welcome the chance to be added to this illustrious brotherhood.

Oh, this is great!

Looks like it may be defunct, but here's my go-

1)Oh, Wow-I never experienced one in my youth or even thought about owning one. Ichase high scores at Twin Galaxies, was peer choice "Prolific Gamer of the Year" last year, I play every system I can get my hands on, for fun "stinky scores", and at the same time challenging the very best on every system to up their game. I admit, every time I get a new system it becomes my favorite for a while, but I REALLY love the Odyssey, so neglected and underrated! I know many, many systems, but the O2 seems special.

2a)Again, "Most Prolific Gamer", I'm a collector but only because I play, everything, and constantly. Was a random Cragslist purchase, listed at 70$, working, 25 boxed games. My Daughters Boyfriend picked it up for me, and the Guy only charged him 50$ for it...this IS 2018, right, lol?

No, I had already talked in depth with the seller about my high-score intentions, and the care I would give the system, and like my Vectrex, the person that owned it before me really seemed to want me to have it.

The game selection is perfect, the value(tho that's not my gig)is through the roof, find of a lifetime, tho I got my Vectrex for 75$.

Same as the Vectrex, I kinda got it to climb the leaderboards at TG, and also same as Vectrex-I'm(unofficially)the top ranked player on the system. Took about two(solid)days.

Skiing(Down Hill, 13.4), Bowling(Tournament-Play, 234), Computer Golf(38 the second time I played the game), Speedway(Skill1 2401)/Spinout(Clear Track 13), I am a ringer on those type games, but decent scores on KC Munchkin and Acrobats!(AWESOME game!)were hard to get!

Getting the C7060 game selector, in the mail now, super excited about that!!!

The best part-I'm in Mountain City, Tennessee-the closest metro is Knoxville Tn. The O2 I got came from a Guy in Knoxville...

Kinda "'Nuff said", for people that know the O2, but, lol-I'm the "top ranked player"(tongue firmly in cheek) on a system that was essentially produced locally and lived there it's whole life-that's AWESOME!!!

2b)A close friend "crashed on my couch" for a few weeks once, about 10 years ago. One of the things he kept at my house that was dear to him when he sorta had nowhere to go was a boxed original Odyssey of his deceased Father. We never played it, and I regret that. My friend passed away, and I am trying to track down the system, but no luck so far. That's really my only memory of Odyssey at all, I must admit.

2c)"Hi Everyone Rogerpoaco We are playing Pachinko on the Magnavox Odyssey".(I have to spell my nickname wrong for it to be enunciated right).

I've let it do my intros to my high-score videos a few times, is pretty funny.

"If I can Change I hope I never Know". "Pinwheel Pinwheel spinning around look thru my pinwheel see what I found".

3/4)Not yet, but I'm sure I'll sign up soon!

I get systems and I get flashcarts for them, it's just my hobby/habit, and I probably won't stop until I have them all.

I do that so I can go through the history of the system, check out as much as possible, and fully appreciate what the system has to offer.

The system itself seems VERY durable. 2600's are hard to break, INT's are like handling Fabrige eggs, but this thing seems made just right(I have the VOICE also, BTW), and the Voice is MUCH better than INT, reminds me of being in an arcade in 1984, hearing Black Hole pinball.

Again, this seems to be a "gone" thread, but I'd love to talk O2 with anyone still interested!

I'm a big goofball, but also one of the lucky 13-5.57 on the Dragster-I make it easy to NOT take me seriously, but...

Watch Out!

Would be honored to join this club!

Sorry for my long delay in adding you guys.. been going through some stuff that had me not feeling up to anything video game related most of the time.. You are all added. If anyone is interested in any of my homebrews I am selling them in the marketplace. I also have a bunch of Brazilian O2 games for sale as well in same post.

• 3 months later...

I picked up my odyssey 2 at my local retro store just about two weeks ago. They have bins behind the counter of trade-ins they take in and one bin is considered "retro" and full of stuff that nobody else seems to want so they never make time to test or clean any of it up. One day I walk in and notice this gray box with a keyboard and started asking questions... A week later she came home with me and works like a champ.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my G7000 under ten years ago on a flee market. Actually there where two in the case. I sold the other a couple of years after. Would have been nice to have that one today, as the one I have does not function any more. The three big socketed chips do get slightly warm and the two 7836 regulators get hot and there is voltage on th eoutput to the rf module. But nothing kan be seen on the tv.

Anyway, I bought them because I like old consoles and computers and buy them when I find them on flee marked. which is seldom. The G7000 was the first and only conole I played with in the early eighties. So I have some memories related to this particular console. I hadnt played with thisconsole since then. So it was quite fun to find one and this time own one.

To bad it doesnt work anymore and cant fix it. So maybe I'll bin it or keep it as spare parts.

I will be looking for another one. But they do have become expensive.

Btw, like the game sounds the g7000 generates.

The games I liked the most was gunfighter and the very simple space invaders.

I didnt know it could speak. So cant say anything about that. But sounds like fun.

Ebay last year. sorry guys! Not a particularly interesting story, I got into collecting 2nd gen consoles and this was one of them. However, I've picked up almost the entire UK release list in that time, and love the system.

Munchkin, Freedom Fighters, Pickaxe Pete, Turtles, Terrahawks. Yes these are pretty much clones of other games, but I like how its presented on the Videopac. Its hard to go back to the earlier games once you've got ones in the numbered 30+ region, but there's a few 10 minute interests there too.

Dunno what this is, but my 2yo loves pushing cartridges into the machine and turning it on. He can even pretend to play a couple of the games! Then whines when it stops making a noise.

Also, Loony Balloon is hilarious to play. At least I think so.

I do... it's just... well... I don't have time for it now... next year - when I retire and don't work 60 hours a week!

Worked for an insurance company and around 15-18 years ago... a couple of ladies and I would go to 'garage sales' on Fridays before going to lunch. Found a complete in box system (with like 7-10 complete games) - box didn't have the styrofoam inserts - for $5 ($10?) and decided to pick it up. (It was ALL downhill from there... :grin: ) Over the years I've picked up some home-brews and unreleased games but not all (Amok / Tutankham / 128 in 1 multi cart and most recently the Mage Games from Revival Studios and a 'ton' of Videopac games from none other than Scotty (or at least I think so - god I work to much these days...)).

Sorry didn't own the system 'back in the day' but say once in a while I pull it out and play the games (once in ten years!) - (hell I have 15-20 Coleco games purchased that I have test yet!!!!)

Well maybe some day....

When I retire! no time right now.

JEFF31

• 4 months later...

I should be ianoid at videopac.nl

I got my first Odyssey 2 system in the 90s at a flea market or thrift store.

My fondest memory is trying to play Odyssey at Video Concepts, a mall store at University Town Center in San Diego that sold TVs and some video games. We would play as long as we could until they kicked us out. That took about 5 minutes. We would then go across the mall to the TI store to do the same.

I don't recall typing anything interesting into Type and Tell. Probably curse words.

I think the system is great, I have a pretty extensive collection including imports and home-brews. It's fun to collect. I don't have one setup in my game room since I'm waiting for a modded G7400 unit with AV and built in voice that a friend owes me. If you have the a link to the instructions to do the voice mod, please tell me! I could probably do it all myself at this point.

I'm always wondering, did Odyssey games originally ship in shrink-wrap? I don't believe so, I thought they were sealed with a small piece of clear tape.

• 1 month later...

My first system I got was as a child in 79, my father and I went to radio shack and the sells man sold my dad that the Odyssey 2 (or Odyssey square as the mabuak would say) as a learning tool. I now have 2 of them. One mint in box with mint box from after the mirge that happened and the other before. see my profile photos and you can see the difference on the box. One say " By Magnavox and the others do not.

I made a level on kc munchkin where I trapped the ghosts and got a unbelievable high score. the ghosts and K.C. where going so fast it was a blur. I showed my father the crazy score and he got so mad at me..lol

I did not even know "The Voice" was a thing till 1/2 a month ago. I just bought one but have not even played with it to much other than the game " Attack of the time lord" I hope this does not stop me from being eligible to join.

i have asked to join the other site under the same user name "Freya"

Edited by Freya

• 3 weeks later...