ScottyDont00

The Odyssey 2 / Videopac Brotherhood!

On 2/20/2017 at 11:08 AM, ScottyDont00 said:

1.) Love our system and games!

Check. Question: are we required to love all the games? ;)

2.) Post a reply to this thread and tell us all at least one of the following:

a.) How you got your system?

It was a long time ago - late 1990s or early 200s, so I'm not certain. Possibly eBay, or via a newsgroup. I do recall being surprised by it, because it's got an A/V mod. I recently came across some really old emails asking someone to help me figure out how to tone down the volume on it, as it seems too loud and sometimes distorts.

b.) Your favorite memory of the system or games?

One of my best friends at school had one. We had a lot of fun with UFO and a few other games, but ... this is going to sound horrifying ... we had so much fun opening up the system and dragging a screwdriver across the solder side of the motherboard to see what happened on the screen. Yeah. But hey, we could still go play more UFO after that got old! :D

c.) The weirdest thing you have typed into "Type and Tell" to make The Voice say?

redacted

3.) Consider joining the Videopac / Odyssey 2 Forum here: http://videopac.nl/forum/

- If you need help fixing a system or want to be in the know on everything related to our systems the forum linked above is great source of information and is only dedicated to our systems.

Considered. Awaiting a response. Joined!

4.) If you are already a member of the Videopac /Odyssey 2 forum include your user name for that forum in your post if different from your AA username. I will add them both to your spot on the list below.

My intent is to use the same handle there. Same user handle.

I had never really thought about getting an Odyssyey 2, but then this popped up for $35 and I couldn't say no (I paid $35 for the console and $15 for all the games). The game boxes look like they just came from the store shelves and are awesome. The system was faily clean, but the controller cables had... something all over them. Nothing a half dozen Clorox wipes and some patience couldn't clean off. I've put a bid on Quest for the Rings because I love the idea of the hybrid games.

Planning to do a composite mod, recap, and add controller ports to replace the hardwired controllers.

Odyssey2.jpg

• Like 1

Great deal! Fair warning though. O2 collecting can be addictive. Good luck getting all the Hybrid games. They can be a challenge to set up and play correctly but have a certain charm all their own.

• Like 1