IGNORED

Regarding the CV Power Brick, is it actually unsafe to use?

ReddMcKnight

Besides it's overwhelmingly large size, is it actually unsafe to use for any reason? Is an Electric Fire or something more likely to start when using one or something? Or is it safe to use as long as you unplug it when your done? Can you use it for extended periods of time without issue? (Extended periods of time means 45 Minutes or more)

I'd just keep that big bastard hooked to a power strip at all times and turn off when not using. I do that with all my game systems and their adapters and have never once had a problem.

Then there's people that'll tell you they leave their adapters plugged into the wall and have for years with no problems. Whatever. Leaving AC/DC adapters plugged in and converting power 24/7 definitely gets warm or HOT to the touch - and there's your potential fire hazard waiting to happen. ;)

I don't think it's unsafe, but I would turn it off or unplug it when not in use. I'm paranoid as about a year ago I was using my Atari computer and went out of the room for less than a minute. When I cam back in, the power supply was smoking!!!

Besides it's overwhelmingly large size, is it actually unsafe to use for any reason? Is an Electric Fire or something more likely to start when using one or something? Or is it safe to use as long as you unplug it when your done? Can you use it for extended periods of time without issue? (Extended periods of time means 45 Minutes or more)

I'm honestly more worried that it'll fry my Colecovision then it bursting into flames. So I looked and brought the Canadian Power Supply. Just keep a fire extinguisher near by, just in case either the power supply or the Colecovision burst into flame. In seriousness, they should be safe. I never heard of Adam printer or US Colecovision power supply bursting into flame so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I'm honestly more worried that it'll fry my Colecovision then it bursting into flames. So I looked and brought the Canadian Power Supply. Just keep a fire extinguisher near by, just in case either the power supply or the Colecovision burst into flame. In seriousness, they should be safe. I never heard of Adam printer or US Colecovision power supply bursting into flame so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I've never heard of a CV power supply failing in a way that damages the CV. Usually when they break, the voltage gets lower, resulting in graphics errors or the CV not turning on at all. But the CV will still work with a good power supply.

Philipp