IGNORED

SDrive-ARM preorder

alsp

1 PCB + 1 Case + 1 pre-programmed ARM for me please. Also a question: will this fit on the back of a 1050 as the last device on sio chain?

In general it should fit, but you should never mount device with same ID with 1050, moreover - may be modification of firmware will be required to totally switch off emulated drive with same id.

Edited by alsp

@alsp - I was wondering if you had any idea when the production would start. I saw that you were planning to get the parts in April. However, it sounds like you now have a lot more demand than you thought.

I'm just curious. I don't wish to be annoying.

Bob C

@alsp - I was wondering if you had any idea when the production would start. I saw that you were planning to get the parts in April. However, it sounds like you now have a lot more demand than you thought.

I'm just curious. I don't wish to be annoying.

Bob C

At the begginig of April I'm expecting all parts for first 50 devices, and PCB's for 100 but when I start producing I'll able to order additional parts for remaining orders.

My collegaue will help me with assembling, so I hope to complete all existing preorders in April - May...

PS: and my 3D printer will works hard for cases =)

• Like 1

In general it should fit, but you should never mount device with same ID with 1050, moreover - may be modification of firmware will be required to totally switch off emulated drive with same id.

The drive ID part is obvious to me, I was more concerned about the physical fitment. The back of the 1050 drive is not flat. There is an overhang of the drive case just above SIO receptacles. What I am afraid of is your Sdrive-Arm's SIO plug may not be fully inserted into the receptacle due to the way its PCB is housed (vertically rather than horizontally). Did you test it on a 1050 or 810?

• Like 1

The drive ID part is obvious to me, I was more concerned about the physical fitment. The back of the 1050 drive is not flat. There is an overhang of the drive case just above SIO receptacles. What I am afraid of is your Sdrive-Arm's SIO plug may not be fully inserted into the receptacle due to the way its PCB is housed (vertically rather than horizontally). Did you test it on a 1050 or 810?

Unfortunately I didn't have 810 or 1050, but i've check images of theese drives, and it seems distances almost the same like Atari800 XL. So it sholud fit...

alsp,

what's the discussion above about different colours? were people joking? or is there an option?

In general it is possible, I have several colors of filament (white, orange, green), but if you need some specific one it will require additional funding to buy specific filament.

Another case - while filament "Ceramo" can be painted with any acrylic color or with spray by yourself.

Edited by alsp