IGNORED

SDrive-ARM preorder

alsp

They are straight forward. With the left capacitive button you go down through the slot numbers, with the other one you go up. The LEDs show you, which slot is mounted. You have 8 Drives. In the menu you can mount up to 8 ATRs - one to each drive. As long as you do not powercycle the Atari, the slots keep their ATRs.

I've never use this kind of device so I'm a bit lost on how to run XEX files.

Just select xex file on left pane, assign it to D1 for example (double press enter)

And than press 'reset' with 'option' as usually to boot from D1

• Like 1

It's even more convenient to boot the mounted image with Shift-Inverse. (the Shift here turns off BASIC just like Option in Option-Reset).

Shift-Inverse does not work for me. It will reboot but it does not disable BASIC.

However, Option-RESET and OPTION-Inverse both work properly.

Firmware is latest (20181108blv2). I have verified that my Shift key is working. Tested on two separate 130XE's and two separate Sdrive-ARMs (one without passthrough and one with passthrough).

Is Shift-Inverse working for everyone else and properly rebooting and disabling BASIC?

• 4 weeks later...

Status update:

All current orders for SDrive2-PT devices are fulfilled, please check your e-mail boxes for messages from PayPal for tracking number.

If someone miss e-mail - please contact me - I'll send track directly.

Next things to do:

1. Finish ATX support in FW;

Does anyone have short set of ATX images with different formats that should works? It's needed for testing.

2. Add tape emulation support in FW and SW + Permanent long file names in SW (added by Philsan request);

3. Bootloader updater;

4. Configuration file in FAT32.

Edited by alsp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/12/2019 at 8:49 AM, alsp said:

2. Add tape emulation support in FW and SW + Permanent long file names in SW (added by Philsan request);

Thank you Alexey.

Perhaps I was not clear.

I don't mean the file selected (you can already turn on this option with CTRL+L and save it with CTRL+W), I mean all displayed files.

This involves the redesign of the menu.

There are two advanced solutions around: long filenames bouncing left and right to show all characters (flashjazzcat Ultimate 1 MB and Side2 firmwares), central part of filename cut to show initial and last characters and letters to show file type (AVG Cart).

9504447_Side21.thumb.jpg.a86c93f87bdf787d94f08fb76d083db5.jpg AVGCart.thumb.jpg.af421ce0665720012d8e8951555ef890.jpg

A simpler solution would be SIO2SD old and new designs.

1328381901_SIO2SD(old).png.e95de33072b4e9b69cc062bb80bbfb89.png SIO2SD.thumb.jpg.1db3fecb15fbee4f894397378b49669f.jpg

A solution no one has thinked about so far would be to use 80 columns, for example:

Example2.png.4cbe4dad11202dbc6db02f9176eaa663.png

At least two 80 columns drivers exists (I can upload them).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Philsan said:

Thank you Alexey.

Perhaps I was not clear.

I don't mean the file selected (you can already turn on this option with CTRL+L and save it with CTRL+W), I mean all displayed files.

This involves the redesign of the menu.

There are two advanced solutions around: long filenames bouncing left and right to show all characters (flashjazzcat Ultimate 1 MB and Side2 firmwares), central part of filename cut to show initial and last characters and letters to show file type (AVG Cart).

9504447_Side21.thumb.jpg.a86c93f87bdf787d94f08fb76d083db5.jpg AVGCart.thumb.jpg.af421ce0665720012d8e8951555ef890.jpg

A simpler solution would be SIO2SD old and new designs.

1328381901_SIO2SD(old).png.e95de33072b4e9b69cc062bb80bbfb89.png SIO2SD.thumb.jpg.1db3fecb15fbee4f894397378b49669f.jpg

A solution no one has thinked about so far would be to use 80 columns, for example:

Example2.png.4cbe4dad11202dbc6db02f9176eaa663.png

At least two 80 columns drivers exists (I can upload them).

The best compromise is 64 column like in Spartados, very clear text on just about all displays and still readable by many with less than perfect eyesight ;)

On 7/13/2019 at 11:29 AM, Philsan said:

Perhaps I was not clear.

Yes, of course, I understand, main issue - i don't have a lot of expirience in Atari native progtramming, but when I've modify currenrt software, I don't detect any issues, so I think I will able to create new version. I think proposed 64 column mode + long filenames bouncing left and right to show all characters will be good solution.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 7/13/2019 at 2:49 AM, tep392 said:

Stupid me can't figure out how to search this topic with the new forum.  I just want to know if DD support has been added and if I can update my original SDrive2. 

Thanks!

You always can find updates at github

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys! Happy coming holidays to everyone!

Glad to inform, that I've just sold 250th SDrive2 - Quite big community! Big thanks for support of my project!

I'm working for new, fully refactored, version of FW with Double UART support, ATX, Tape simulation support, SDrive2 configuration in text FAT file. I hope that I will have enough time on holidays to finish these works. You can track all changes in fintros/SDrive-ARM at alsp-works (github.com) branch.

In addition, lets add some color to new devices:

IMG_9392.thumb.jpg.e80225965d034102041bff8fdf43d377.jpg

PS: Devices are still available - $50 usual and $65 -PT version.

Edited by alsp
  • Like 10

• 1 month later...

I'm having trouble getting my Sdrive2 to work with my 1200XL.  Are there any know issue with running on the 1200XL?  When I power up, the Red LED lights and stays lit.  This machine has the U1MB installed.  I've tried playing around with the SIO speed and booting with and without SDX, but no change.  The Sdrive2 has the latest firmware loaded and it works perfectly with my 800.  I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Nope.  Other than the U1MB I just installed, it's unmodded. Thank you!

Now I'm trying to decide between the clearpic mod or a UAV, which I happen to have sitting in a drawer.

EDIT:  R63 was the problem.  I replaced it with one of the zero ohm resistors removed during the U1MB install. Sdrive2 works now! :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tep392 said:

Nope.  Other than the U1MB I just installed, it's unmodded. Thank you!

Now I'm trying to decide between the clearpic mod or a UAV, which I happen to have sitting in a drawer.

EDIT:  R63 was the problem.  I replaced it with one of the zero ohm resistors removed during the U1MB install. Sdrive2 works now! :)

If you have a UAV, don't bother with any other mod.  Short of using a Sophia2, the UAV produces the best output on all Ataris!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm struggling a bit to get the U1MB running SDX working with my Sdrive2.  I have the Sdrive2 setup with ATR in drives 1 and 2.  I set my U1MB to boot to SDX.  When I boot the computer, SDX starts up.  The Sdrive2 flashes it lights, I hear a few beeps for drive activity, then the four lights turn on.  A directory of D1: shows sdrive.xex and sdrive.cfg.  If I try to select one of the drives using the Sdrive2 arrows, I get an error 138 trying to access them.

I´m a bit confused about what you´re seeing.

When I enable SDX on my U1MB, attach the Sdrive2 and boot the computer, it boots into SDX. DIR gives me the same you see. I run sdrive.xex and then can mount anything as I´m used to. Pressing Reset brings me back to SDX and the DIR now shows me the content of the ATRs I´ve mounted.

I´m using U1MB firmware 3.10 and SDX 4.49 (latest), not even sure about the firmware of my Sdrive2, it´s one from the first batch.

Does your SDrive behave "normal" when you disable SDX?