IGNORED

SDrive-ARM preorder

alsp

The SDrive and the SDrive max would be infinitely more useful to the casual user like me if you could designate it as drive 2 then if you were using a word processor or spreadsheet program you could save the files to the SDrive.  There may be a way to do that with SpartaDOS or some of the other DOSes but I am not familiar with them.

13 hours ago, hueyjones70 said:

The SDrive and the SDrive max would be infinitely more useful to the casual user like me if you could designate it as drive 2 then if you were using a word processor or spreadsheet program you could save the files to the SDrive.  There may be a way to do that with SpartaDOS or some of the other DOSes but I am not familiar with them.

Just don't mount an image in slot 1 - then you can boot off a real floppy, and save to the image mounted on drives 2, 3, 4.

Great suggestion, but can you copy a file from the "d2: sdrive" to a floppy??? Say d2: to d1: or maybe d4: etc...If this will work it will solve all my problems,well maybe I have others LOL

The problem I have is I have a few utilities that I got off the web and want to use them but have no way to get them to floppies to use them... Yes I downloaded them to my PC hard drive, and them copied them to a sd card, into the Sdrive and then how do I get to them...They need to be on a floppy to be used or at least run from a floppy because they do not run from the Sdrive. They need DOS...

Peter

afair so long as you have .atr images (empty or not) you should be able to make them writable and then sector copy, format, read, write whatever to them provided they are the correct size to hold the contents you want on them... sd/ed/dd thought some devices may not do double sided double density etc...

I have been waiting for this question to be answered also. I am still trying to copy programs from the SDRIVE (Also have a SDRIVE-MAX and a fujinet if that would help) to floppies so I can use them in trouble shooting some of the 1050/floppy drives I have...

Any help??

Peter

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2021 at 12:46 PM, Peter Rabitt said:

I have been waiting for this question to be answered also. I am still trying to copy programs from the SDRIVE (Also have a SDRIVE-MAX and a fujinet if that would help) to floppies so I can use them in trouble shooting some of the 1050/floppy drives I have...

Any help??

Peter

Your trying to copy files from SDRIVE to physical drive using DOS file commands?  Which DOS are you using? Which drive number do you have the physical drive set too?

• Like 1

Hi, yes that is what I am trying to figure out. I know it must be something simple that I am missing.

Using any of the sdrives I put a dos (any one Mydos, dos xl ,etc) in the d1:, leave d2: empty and put the file I want to copy in d3:...

Them I reset to load the dos, that works.. Dos sees d2: and can read or write dos to it format etc. But most of the dos's don't know that d3: is, some report 000 sectors ,some do not recognizes the drive number, etc. Now if I use SDX cart. I get almost the same results, does not recognizes the drive... Maybe my approach is wrong but I do not have a way to use the files I want to use without them being on a real drive/indus or 1050...

Peter

I just successfully copied a file from D3: on the SDRIVE to my 810 set as D2:

I found the following with a search on Atariage. Do this and your DOS2.0 atr will now work with drives 1-4.

"Atari DOS 2 by default is only configured with buffers for D1: and D2: to save RAM. For 4 drives, go to BASIC and enter:

POKE 1802,15

Then go back to DOS, and choose to 'Write DOS files' to make it the default. Then reboot for the change to take effect."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank You!! IT did help and did allow me to copy a disk from d1:(sd) to d2:(real). Still not getting all that I need but now I have a starting place...The poke did allow me to see the other drives and I did try to copy files from d3:(sd) to d2: but came back that it could not read the directory or 134 error or ????

Still working on it must be close...

Thanks again

Peter

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, hueyjones70 said:

Is it still possible to purchase the Sdrive-ARM?

I have contacts with ALSP some time ago. He have some for sale. As I think the main problem can be the payment and delivery. This two points you must discuss directly. Hope that you can write PM to him and ask.