IGNORED

SDrive-ARM preorder

alsp

Be alert about the included microSD card. The one I got (with the first batch) was frequently failing, with errors in file system. Formatting did not help.

agreed, mine failed and I was unable to reformat it. I ended up buying a couple of new microsd cards and copied the suspect one over.

That said, the device is great and I am not disparaging Aslp at all.

I found mine was really only 128MB usable, common for counterfeit cards. Anything beyond that will be lost. I was able to repartition it to about 110MB which made it usable, but too small for most purposes... Regardless, it was good enough as a pack-in.

It looks like my boot software is screwed up.

The Sdrive2 still starts with a RED led but the menu no longer appears.

Where can I download the Sdrive.atr to restore it to the SD card ?

SDrive.atr does look to be booting fine in an Emulator .

What is the function of the EDisk01.atr ? It doesn't seem to boot in an emulator. Should I restore this ATR , if so from where can I download it ?

It looks like my boot software is screwed up.

The Sdrive2 still starts with a RED led but the menu no longer appears.

Where can I download the Sdrive.atr to restore it to the SD card ?

SDrive.atr does look to be booting fine in an Emulator .

What is the function of the EDisk01.atr ? It doesn't seem to boot in an emulator. Should I restore this ATR , if so from where can I download it ?

https://github.com/fintros/SDrive-ARM/tree/master/sd

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ok I'll echo what others said above, mine was doa on arrival as well and it was because of the included micro sd card. It doesn't work at all and it does indeed seem to be a counterfeit. When I went to format it the tool shows a long progress bar but ends the format when the progress bar is only about 10% done. That seems to indicate that the included micro sd card is far smaller than it actually says it is on the case. In any case it doesn't work even after formatting it to fat32, so I went and bought a new one. That one works fine after formatting!

So is the basic way to use this to select your game from the menu and then hit reset to load it? That pretty much it?

Edited by Reality Studio

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

SDrive2 updates

ATTENTION!

Please note: any update procedure is potentially dangerous and can damage your firmware.

You always can fix firmware in case of issues if you have Cypress KitProg programmer. Easiest way is to buy CY8CKIT-043 ($10) or similar kit

So please READ THIS PAGE CAREFULLY! And proceed at your own risk!

Update to version #3 What's new

• Fix issues with FAT16
  • Fix issues with big ATR images and 256byte sectors
  • Apply HIAS patches
  • Improved SD cards compatibility

Versions?

All devices and kits sold before November 2018 goes with firmware version #1 - 20170405. You can check version in SDrive boot program by pressing 'H' key.

Bootloader version

Unfortunately devices from first batch (sold in 2017) comes with 2 different bootloaders, and there is only one way to understand witch bootloader is flashed in your device - by MicroSD card that was in the box. If you have Kingston 2Gb card than you have bootloader version 2, otherwise - bootloader version 1. If you not sure - always try to update with FW update for BL v1.

Update procedure

1. Try to determine version of your bootloader. Refer to previous chapter to do it.
  2. If you have bootloader version 1 or you not sure:
    • Put SDRIVE.UPD file to your microsd card root;
    • Insert card to SDrive2;
    • Insert SDrive2 to Atari;
    • Power on Atari;
    • Update process should start - its started if you able to see yellow LEDs flashing. Check this video to see how update processing;
    • When update has finish standard startup LED sequence should proceeded.
    • You can remove SDRIVE.UPD from microsd card;
    • to check new version press 'H' key in boot program.
  3. If you have bootloader version 2 (or first variant fail and you unable to see yellow blinking)
    • Put SDRIVE.UPD file to your microsd card root;
    • Do same steps like in BL v1 variant
    • If your SDrive2 switch off all LEDs after flashing - you have BL v1... and should proceed next sequence:
  4. If you flash BL v2 update to BL v1 bootloader accidentally ;)
    • If you do it than your SDrive2 switch off all LEDs after powerup;
    • Put !SDRIVE.UPD file to your microsd card root;
    • Do same steps like in BL v1 variant

Happy Flashing! And good luck

I've test these procedures on 10 devices with different bootloaders. Everything works fine. But Please note -

You proceed update on your own RISK

Edited by alsp
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

My next plan after software refactoring now to implement 410/1010 Program recorder functionality (first without and after with turbo modes) in SDrive2.

But does anyone really need this functionality? Or maybe some other functions are preferable?

And another question - in scope of bug fixing I've implement PC2SIO prototype and now I able to connect real peripheral devices to emulator - does anyone interest in such device? Should I continue that fork of works?

PS: Nowadays I have several ready to use SDrive2 's and kits to sell.

• Like 3

Excellent news ! Thanks a lot for this update but how do I get it to update on a 130XE ?

I have the Kingston SD so I used BL2 SDRIVE.UPD , I power on my 130XE , hold OPTION , then press RESET ( selftest screen ) but it keeps going to the READY prompt in BASIC.

Tried also with BL1 SDRIVE.UPD and all other key combos but no flashing LEDs.

If I remove SDRIVE.UPD again from the SD card, it works again like before with firmware version 20170405.

Edited by Lastic

Excellent news ! Thanks a lot for this update but how do I get it to update on a 130XE ?

I have the Kingston SD so I used BL2 SDRIVE.UPD , I power on my 130XE , hold OPTION , then press RESET ( selftest screen ) but it keeps going to the READY prompt in BASI

You've buy device in second batch - so you defenitly have BL v2, Atari itself not needed in update process - its used only for power.

So try again this updater. Just place it at root folder, if it will not works - try another SD card - as I can see by reviews last Kingston SD's that I've order was fake...

Edited by alsp

You've buy device in second batch - so you defenitly have BL v2, Atari itself not needed in update process - its used only for power.

So try again this updater. Just place it at root folder, if it will not works - try another SD card - as I can see by reviews last Kingston SD's that I've order was fake...

Tried with a 64Gb Samsung MicroSD, no luck, nothing happens, I also formatted the Kingston one and only copied SDRIVE.UPD onto it, same result.

Put back all files on the Kingston card and now nothing anymore, not even the previous firmware.

Tried with a 64Gb Samsung MicroSD, no luck, nothing happens, I also formatted the Kingston one and only copied SDRIVE.UPD onto it, same result.

Put back all files on the Kingston card and now nothing anymore, not even the previous firmware.

With cards over 32GB, windows may only let you format it with exFAT instead of FAT32. You may need to use a smaller card, or find a utility that let's you format with FAT32.

• Like 1

I didn't format the Samsung 64Gb card which I normally use for my AVGcart, I just copied SDRIVE.UPD onto it.

But I remembered that I had the same issue with the SDrive where it would only give me a RED led so I deleted the partition on the Kingston microSD, created a MBR FAT partition in OSx and then dd'd the SDriveFAT32.img that I received from alsp earlier, now it booted again. Copied SDRIVE.UP again to the Kingston microSD and behold it started updating.

All good in the end, just weird that the partition got messed up by copying 1 file to it.