IGNORED

Indus GT with Chinon drive?

DocRotCod

I have an Indus GT floppy drive that has a Chinon drive installed. The four plugs that go on the side PCB are disconnected. It looks like someone tried to just make this drive mechanism work with this unit but I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm this could have come from the factory or if it is a hack?

Also, is there a modern day replacement for the LED track displays?

Thanks!

Hey Doc.. No as far as I am aware INDUS was very consistent throughout their production unlike say Rana. So I would say you have a Hack for the mech.

As for the LED.. whats the issues? dead bars? I just de-solded mine, and I have new ones on order. HD1075R.. they are had pretty cheap.. they are a bugger to desolder though.. went through a lot of wick.. good amount of solder in there :)

James

Hey Doc.. No as far as I am aware INDUS was very consistent throughout their production unlike say Rana. So I would say you have a Hack for the mech.

As for the LED.. whats the issues? dead bars? I just de-solded mine, and I have new ones on order. HD1075R.. they are had pretty cheap.. they are a bugger to desolder though.. went through a lot of wick.. good amount of solder in there :)

James

Yeah I have dead bars. I'd like to make it 100% so i'll track those down thanks for the part #.

I found one Indus with a stock-appearing PC drive in it. This was many years ago, and I doubt that it was hacked. I don't recall many details, but as I remember it, the pcb was quite different. I suspect it was from a prototype run, and probably was quite rare. (?)

-Larry

Doc do you have DIAGS disk? I had a Indus that baffled me for 6 months.. I was about to sell or trade it.. it ended up being a bad connection between the ribbon cable of that front display and the wart board (main board) .. so disconnect, clean and re-connect all connectors and chips.(that are socketed) and if you have isopropo then give everything a clean(not the drive mech)

The DIAGS disk will allow you to issue commands to the drive.. and you can view status.. etc.. the big one is the zero position test.. because you boot error can very easily be that in or other form. There is also the field service manual.

If you need the disk and the manual .. pm me.. I can send you them.

James