IGNORED

SIO Wifi modem with esp8266

mozzwald

Hi,

Just noticed ICET needs 128K. I want to be able to have a solution that works even for a 48K 800.

Found this:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/96729-vt100-emulator/ (should of searched atariage first)

Looks lime VT100SQ or Omnicomm.

We can probably make the term emulator used/changeable via esp8266 SPIFFSS image, so ICET or other options are available.

Thanks,

Ed

Edited by eed002

if somebody could get me a working breadboard or proto board with the 8266 and SIO hooked up and electrically working, I'll do the 850 firmware.

I have, courtesy of Curt Vendel, the source code to the 850 firmware, which I can use as a description of behavior.

-Thom

What is your address? I'll get those Adafruit thingies and hook-up a SIO connector on them. So we can get this project going...

• Like 1

Hi,

I will be receiving 3 PCBs, I can put it together. and send it to you, if you want.

I believe all we need to do is handle the SIO R: requests, it should not be that bad. Isn't it a straight through FIFOed interface to the UART?

Thanks,

-Ed

Sirs,

I know, there is a pinned thread regarding BBS.

I'm a little bit desperate however.

May please someone point me to a BBS that is

verified active now ?

I got working connections with two C64 BBS.

I'm just still trying to get a connection to an atari bbs.

Thank you very much !

Stefan

Edited by Stefan Both

almost all the BBS on the pinned thread are active... and if you reach one then the BBS list on the board should be active.... I know kyle's resistance cove is active and the list on it is good, though the board really could use a small team to update all the different term types...40 80 cgs ansi vt52 etc etc etc...

The Resistance Cove,

ATDT broadway1.lorexddns.net 23

depending on your device that's

/23

etc etc...

if your lantonix hates dns...

ATDT 73.154.49.234/23

or

ATDT 073154049234,23

etc etc

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

you should be able to connect reliably at 9600 no problems to almost any BBS... I see you connected at 2400 that's like early 1984 for most people but 9600 was late 1984 for others :)

Speak for yourself! I didn’t get a 2400 baud modem until I got my ST in 1986. 300 baud all the way with my 800. :P

These days through my PRC and a Lantronix box I do 9600 and think I’m in 8-bit heaven. :)

• Like 1

oh my! yeah we used the fast modems were on the BBS's... My daily drivers were an XM301 and at some point an AVATEX.... with supra interface.... it all settled out with telebit trailblazers and USR COURRIERs at the end of it all.... I periodically had to swap one of the faster modems to call baud floored elite access boards and for long distance warez transfers...though I had a fax modem on the Falcon030 as the last Atari connected modem I am not sure what it's ultimate throughput was.

Edited by _The Doctor__

By the way...

what is the limit with the RVerter?

Stefan

Thanks for calling my BBS. I upped your access level.

The R:Verter has no speed limit, it will do whatever PoKey can handle. That would be divisor zero at about 125K Baud. Now, your terminal software will start dropping characters well below that speed, but it is not a hardware limitation. Well, unless you consider that the CPU can't run fast enough and ANTIC DMA takes time. The Hyper E: handler helps somewhat, but the speed limit is NOT the R:Verter or PoKey.

Thanks for calling my BBS. I upped your access level.

Huh? Sorry Kiley22 I made a mistake. When I was trying to

become familiar with your BBS, I stumbled over ?file stamps?

owned or uploaded by "the doc" (if I remember the reason of

my mistake correctly).

So I thought he is the operator.

When I was asked to leave a message for the

operator... I said thanks to the the doc......

greets

Stefan

• Like 1